Sign in to follow this  
Jarroldstander

League One title celebration

Just wondered if City would have a bus parade in the summer should they be League One champs. I remember Sunderland didn''t have one when they won promotion in 2006/07 to the Prem as Keane said it was where they belonged and they shouldn''t really celebrate. As much as I hate the man, I think City may feel similar.

Any views?

Doubt it, you have to milk any success you get at our level. Roy Keane didn''t want it because he''s a miserable tw@t, no other reason. Besides winning the title at your fist attempt in division 3 is quite an achivement despite what some people might tell you. The players deserve it.

Tricky one, some people will be saying "We won the league, thats an achievement worthy of celebration" but others will be saying "Its only the third division, so what?"I don''t think it will bring the euphoria that there was when we got promoted to the Prem as a lot of people will think this a lot less of an achievement.I will be very proud of my team if they win the league and will turn up to whatever they decide to do![:)]

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]

Just wondered if City would have a bus parade in the summer should they be League One champs. I remember Sunderland didn''t have one when they won promotion in 2006/07 to the Prem as Keane said it was where they belonged and they shouldn''t really celebrate. As much as I hate the man, I think City may feel similar.

Any views?

[/quote]

The fact that we don''t have the attitude of Keane is exactly why we are top in my opinion and also exactly why we should celebrate. To not celebrate would be almost to say it has been easy, if we get there (let''s not forget we''ve got to get over the line yet) we should make the most of it.

Any chance we could SHUT UP about this until we''re even nearly there? Few games left to play yet people.

[quote user="morty"]Oooooooooooooh, holds handbag up to chest.

[:)]
[/quote]

Haha!

I think we should just enjoy anytime we have where the team is doing well! So, I''m going to milk it now even though we haven''t won anything yet because it''s already a big achievement.

I''m definitely enjoying what we''re achieving now. I just get a bit jittery about planning open top bus routes while there''s still a load of tricky fixtures to negotiate.

I agree entirely with what you''re saying, but my thinking is that our attitude only very indirectly affects that of the players, and it''s there attitudes that matter as to whether we do go on to win the league.

Oh and by the way - for the record. If we were to win it, I think some sort of a knees up would be in order. It would be churlish and patronising not to acknowledge the good times we''ve had this season. Also our nearest competitors for the top spot are testament to how much of an achievement it is to bounce out first time of asking. A low key shindig would definitely be in order. But in the mean time.... SHHHHHH !!

I don''t see the harm in getting a little carried away, why can''t we just have the same opinion of the vast majority of neutral fans out there who believe were almost certs to go up. If we balls it up now then we deserve to rot in this league for atleast another season but we wont so just chillax.

Any views?

[/quote]

If anything I think Delia will want to have a big Look at me Party, and get all her happy clappers behind her again, Myself I will be content to congratulate the team on the last match of the season, as I think a lot of us will.  

Any views?

[/quote]The saying is you can only beat those in front of you.  It doesn''t matter what league it is, we are in the league because we deserved to be.  If we beat 23 other teams over the course of 46 games, spanning 10 months, to win a trophy, then yes we should celebrate.  

pete_norw : "If anything I think Delia will want to have a big Look at me Party, and get all her happy clappers behind her again, Myself I will be content to congratulate the team on the last match of the season, as I think a lot of us will."God that''s really sad when you think about it. Have we really come to a point where the celebration of anything positive happening to the club is cast into a cynical light as the opportunity for PR furtherment by the board? Does it matter a jot what their public response is? Surely the only way to drown out their noise is for there to be resounding and impulsive responses by the fans? I''d prefer The Smith''s response to any success in this league to be pragmatic and long sighted. But IF we do the business, we the fans reserve the right to go as nut nuts as we like!

Norwich City''s Honours

Second tier Champions1971–72, 1985–86, 2003–04
Third tier Champions1933–34
Third tier Runners Up1959–60
League Cup Winners1962, 1985
League Cup Runners Up1973, 1975

As this shows it''s not everday you win something. So I think we should celebrate it IF we get over the line. It marks a fantastic turnaround from the absolute despair I felt at Charlton and on the opening day against Colchester. Also remember the players in all this. They have been fantastic for the whole season and deserve credit. For many it will have been the first league title of their careers. People like Martin and Spillane are getting a taste for winning things and will surely want more. 

For players like Michael Nelson who is a good honest lower league pro, it would represent the highlight of his career to date. He has his limitations but he has played really well alongside Doc this season. So why shouldnt they celebrate it?

[quote user="Yarmyed"]

Norwich City''s Honours

As this shows it''s not everday you win something. So I think we should celebrate it IF we get over the line. It marks a fantastic turnaround from the absolute despair I felt at Charlton and on the opening day against Colchester. Also remember the players in all this. They have been fantastic for the whole season and deserve credit. For many it will have been the first league title of their careers. People like Martin and Spillane are getting a taste for winning things and will surely want more. 

For players like Michael Nelson who is a good honest lower league pro, it would represent the highlight of his career to date. He has his limitations but he has played really well alongside Doc this season. So why shouldnt they celebrate it?

[/quote]That''s about as well reasoned and as balanced a post as I am likely to read on the matter… sums it up rather nicely.Well done that man ☐woman ☐ child ☐ [please tick as appropriate]

Yarmyed is absolutely spot on. How often do we celebrate success? Not often enough. We are in our rightful position based on the dog''s breakfast of the past 5 years. I don''t give a flying f*** if Delia and her acolytes hijack it - I''ll be there to celebrate an amazing turnaround. It might be another generation before we win anything again.

***Cue Handbag***

Just got to win the thing now!

Any views?

[/quote]

Yes - let''s wait until we''ve won it before we think about this. Don''t tempt fate!

last game of the season is Carlise at home, we will be presented with the league title after the match at Carrow Road.. "lets all have a disco, Lets all have a disco"...

If we get promoted before the last home game there should be live music and celebrations before and after the game itself along with a presentation to the players. That''s what I''d like to see as opposed to an open top bus ride.

[quote user="Yarmyed"]

Norwich City''s Honours

[/quote]

Exactly! It''d be churlish not to celebrate in my opinion. Wouldn''t be an acceptence that some how this league is where I should expect a club of our size to be. But the players have worked hard, it''s not sunday league football, and the way they''ve turned the season around has been quite startling really. We certainly haven''t won it yet but if we do I''ll be having a disco [:)] 

[quote user="Yarmyed"]

Norwich City''s Honours

[/quote]

Agree with that.

If and when we win the title then by all means celebrate on the day , but please no open top bus , it will be real cringey and would invite tons of piss take from those up the A140 .

Heres food for thought then - If there was such a celebration the club have to pay for it. I am led to beleive that at our last parade we used our own stewards where possible to keep the cost down - so dont hold your breath, I for one would rather have the money spent on players, however would love a parade so come on council pay for it if we go up.