Sign in to follow this  
i need to be entertained

Best two results

What do you lot think are the best results of the season so far?

I my humble opion the best 2 results were City 1 Col U 7 this force the board to make changes at managment level. If the result had been 1-2 Gunny would have stayed at the top and the team would be mid table at best.

The next best result was Carlisle 3 City 1 in the cup. Just look at Leeds form since they beat Man U. A cup run would have been fun but promotion is far more important.

Without a doubt.Norwich 1 Colchester 7.  Because as you say it forced the board to make some instant decisions.2nd PlaceColchester 0 Norwich 5. Because of all the grieft the chairman had given us, sweet revenge

[quote user="i need to be entertained"]

I my humble opion the best 2 results were City 1 Col U 7 this force the board to make changes at managment level. If the result had been 1-2 Gunny would have stayed at the top and the team would be mid table at best.

The next best result was Carlisle 3 City 1 in the cup. Just look at Leeds form since they beat Man U. A cup run would have been fun but promotion is far more important.

[/quote]So your best results of the season were the ones that sucked the most! Bet it''s a laugh riot in your house! Did you have a chuckle at Brentford away too?Col Who away for me.

Col Who 0 Norwich 5 was certainly the most enjoyable this season. So lucky to get a ticket for that game. :)

[quote user="Del boy"]Without a doubt.Norwich 1 Colchester 7.  Because as you say it forced the board to make some instant decisions.2nd PlaceColchester 0 Norwich 5. Because of all the grieft the chairman had given us, sweet revenge [/quote]Completely disagree with this, McNally didnt want Gunn in charge and it was only a matter of time before he got rid and Lambert was hunted. The 7-1 made McNally''s job easier and hastened Gunn''s departure and Lamberts arrival. It was inevitable, and subsequent losses and mid table or lower would have seen the axe swing.For me best results were Col U 5-0 and either Brighton 4-1 or Huddersfield 3-0 at home. Purely on level of performance and result.Col U 7-1 was a very ''important result'' due to its ramifications, but we really cant class the one of the darkest days in Canaries history as a ''best result''.

[quote user="i need to be entertained"]

[/quote]Can''t argue with that they were 2 very important results that got our minds focused on the main task. But best win has to be the Col U game or any of the next 3 games.

That''s a bit like saying the best day off your life is when your parents die, because you inherit loads of money.

Colchester away - payback, they kicked our arses, it hurt, and we answered that

[quote user="Del boy"]Without a doubt.

Norwich 1 Colchester 7.  Because as you say it forced the board to make some instant decisions.

2nd Place

Colchester 0 Norwich 5. Because of all the grieft the chairman had given us, sweet revenge

[/quote]

This reflects my opinion... but I loved the result against Brentford at home too...because Brentford is my father''s team.

OtbC!

[quote user="Barclayman"]McNally didnt want Gunn in charge and it was only a matter of time before he got rid and Lambert was hunted. The 7-1 made McNally''s job easier and hastened Gunn''s departure and Lamberts arrival. It was inevitable, and subsequent losses and mid table or lower would have seen the axe swing.

[/quote]I think you are right Barclayman, but the more important questions are surely then - without the 7-1 result how long would the board have dithered before facing the inevitable, and consequently would we now be sitting 7 points clear at the top of the league?I suspect the answers would be about a dozen games and certainly not.