Sign in to follow this  
John

Season 2010-2011 Kit Presented TOMORROW!

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1987911,00.htmlOur new kit for next season will be unveiled tomorrow!Didn''t expect it to be announced so early, but i seriously hope for a vast improvement on the last 5 or 6 years.Post your suggestions (i remember there being a fair few good ones this year), and how you will remember this particular kit, worn over a period presiding over both a relegation and (potentially) a promotion, now nearing it''s end...

I hope it''s something decent and something actually worth buying!  I''m hoping for Puma!

The best kit we have had for a long time is the 59 cup run shirt IMO!

I wouldn''t want anyone to get their hopes up. I''m sure it will be another Xara offering, which are ok on design, but pretty poor on quality.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

I think the kit designs have been good since Xara have been doing them.

[/quote]

I agree - I have liked the last four kits! So no doubt I will hate whatever is unveiled tomorrow!

Sorry if this is general knowledge but are Aviva still sponsring us next season?

Agree with above about kit going on sale early, it''s usually well into the season until they''re available. Or so it seems.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

Sorry if this is general knowledge but are Aviva still sponsring us next season?

Agree with above about kit going on sale early, it''s usually well into the season until they''re available. Or so it seems.

[/quote]

Yeah still aviva. As somebody posted earlier, i dont care what brand it is, i''ve never disliked Xara

Makes good business sense releasing a new shirt on the back of a good run

I think it will be a different company, hope it is a design that is retro style, like the Milk Cup top.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I think it will be a different company, hope it is a design that is retro style, like the Milk Cup top.[/quote]When does the away kit run until?  If that is until 2011 as well then the kit tomorrow is guaranteed to be Xara.

Would imagine it will still be xara as the away kit has another season to do. If they change supplier, would both kits would be changed? Hope not because i forked out 40 quid for the away one in January.

Good evening, excited children [:)]

The current away kit is ''09-''11 meaning that the new one will expire at the same time. If we''re going to change supplier, we''ll do it then.

I''ve tried my best to like our current home one but never quite managed it. Doesn''t help that the one I received was much to big so looks tent-ish, but I''ve still never taken to the odd bits of green that can''t decide whether they''re flames or spikes. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was ''pyjamas'' and that hasn''t changed.
I felt the Premiership set was Xara''s peak, unfortunately that was 5 years ago- something as good as that and I''ll be happy.

I wonder how close we''ll have come with our own designs?
http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/3/2005978/ShowPost.aspx#2005978 

I''m looking forward to it though. Any thoughts on if its a yellow/green version of the current away one?

[="Boyo''"]

I hope it''s something decent and something actually worth buying!  I''m hoping for Puma!

The best kit we have had for a long time is the 59 cup run shirt IMO!

i hope puma too, none of this adidas or nike!

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I think it will be a different company, hope it is a design that is retro style, like the Milk Cup top.[/quote]When does the away kit run until?  If that is until 2011 as well then the kit tomorrow is guaranteed to be Xara.[/quote]

Didn''t realise that we still had a season to run on away kit, defo going to be Xara then.

Honestly - I''ve no idea what you''re all banging on about. The Xara kits are tacky and cheap looking. I''ll be glad to see the back of em.

[quote user="Romantic"]Honestly - I''ve no idea what you''re all banging on about. The Xara kits are tacky and cheap looking. I''ll be glad to see the back of em.[/quote]Amen to that. [Y](Though i still rate the 2003-05 kit, what i''d certainly classify as a bit of a ''flash in the pan'' as far as Xara is concerned)

How about something in hessian with a polythene weave for minimum sweat management?

Seriously, as there is likely to be a female version I think there should also be a version for the larger gentleman which flatters the love handles and beer gut.

For those of us in the Cathedral Lounge how about a nice waxed fabric with a corduroy collar?

Surely, there is scope to make versions suitable for more than different sexes, sizes and age groups?

[quote user="Romantic"]Honestly - I''ve no idea what you''re all banging on about. The Xara kits are tacky and cheap looking. I''ll be glad to see the back of em.
[/quote]

There''s a few that disagree on this site http://www.footballshirtculture.com/09/10-kits/norwich-city-2009-11-aviva-away-kit.html

Ignore the binner comments...although you could get your own back by commenting on their new black away kit recently launched

I think the reason we go with xara is because they take less money from us per shirt we sell. Eg. if we sell a shirt for £40 they take £5. Whereas with one of the bigger brands like Nike or Adidas we would be paying for the brand name as well. Eg. we sell a shirt for £40 and they take £10. However, I''m not convinced this makes good business sense as surely more shirts would be sold (covering the loss) if we had a decent brand making them anyway. I''m expecting xara again but their kits are truly awful.

My favourite City kit of recent times is still the last Coleman''s sponsered kit, wouldn''t mind something similar, despised the most recent one, first time I haven''t brought a City shirt since 1996.