Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Heidar Helgusson

Just a suggestion yes a striker to prove himself at the highest level, it is agreed we cannot afford a top level striker, looks better than Svensson particularly in the air and has good mobility, may of course not be any better, but perhaps a more realistic option than many others I have read, will come in our price range and a good Div 1 striker when we face the inevitable.

How many other alternatives do we have ?

Here are possible targets for worthy, however most of them are likely to be unattainable if the board are really giving him only 1.2mill. plus some that have been rumoured...

Dean Ashton: i wish, too much

Darren Bent: as above

Marlon Harewood: may cost less than above two and hopefully worthy made an arrangement with the hammers when malky left

James Scowcroft: worthy was after him in summer, may look at him again

Chris Sutton: don''t you just love rumours!!!

Jonathan Johansson: same as helgusson imho

Kuqi:

Crouch: Not gonna happen

Malcolm Christie: ?????

Yup. If we can''t afford to splash out on a striker then sign someone on loan and with the money we could strengthen other areas. Bellion as a loan signing would fit the bill.

Peter,

I''ve touted his name before as a realistic target given the budget but no one seemed interested. We keep harping on about ashton & harewood but they would both be outside our price range and I would be surprised if whu let MH go.

Is Helgusson any better than Svenson or Leon?  From the limited I have seen he didnt seem to be.

OTBC

Not too keen on either Helgusson or Bellion, both seem a little lightweight. Granted Helgusson has scored in the old First Division, but I really don''t feel he''s Premiership quality, especially in the short term. Bellion has had a number of appearances for United and has scored a few, but he just doesn''t strike me as being anywhere near the quality we''d need. In a United side anyone''s likely to pop up and score a few everynow and then, we''re a struggling team (not meant as a derogatory statement) and we don''t create the kind of or frequency of chances as United during the course of a match. So no, I don''t think Helgusson or Bellion are the jigsaw piece we''re looking for as regards strikers.  

aint really 100% about helguson although i would like to see him come to carrow road

I think a good option would be to get david bellion on loan

But mainly we need to DEFINITLY sign ''''Denmarks Wayne Rooney'''' Jan Kristiansen from Danish club Esjberg.. AND HES JUST IN OUR PRICE RANGE snap him up before the germans and the spanish do in january

Bellion is a possible as it may suit SAF to loan him out and countinue his education - but how many trainees can we support in our first team?

OTBC