Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

are our players the fittest in this division..?

looking at the team we have this season compared to last, something struck me why we seem to be winning games late on . last season going 1-0 down with ten minutes to go city would have thrown in the towel . we very often win games late ,other teams seem to take the foot off the pedal ,and we seem to be running full out untill the whistle goes. the one thing that surprised me was the work rate of players like Holt ,who seems to be all over the pitch and running at anything and everything ,hassling the hell out of defenders all the time. do you think we have that edge over alot or most teams in this division  regarding general fitness..? if so what are we doing differently that is working so well that other teams dont do it  .or am i just thinking we cant just be winning games late through lady luck alone or are we.?

has lambert brought a new fitness method that clearly works ..? is he more disiplined than previous managers regarding fitness . ? 

thoughts.

the teams we are playing against are not as fit as teams in championship..

also we had alot of injuries last year, never had a fully fit team..

confidence also gives you another 10% we have confidence in abundance this year

[quote user="singing canary"]

looking at the team we have this season compared to last, something struck me why we seem to be winning games late on . last season going 1-0 down with ten minutes to go city would have thrown in the towel . we very often win games late ,other teams seem to take the foot off the pedal ,and we seem to be running full out untill the whistle goes. the one thing that surprised me was the work rate of players like Holt ,who seems to be all over the pitch and running at anything and everything ,hassling the hell out of defenders all the time. do you think we have that edge over alot or most teams in this division  regarding general fitness..? if so what are we doing differently that is working so well that other teams dont do it  .or am i just thinking we cant just be winning games late through lady luck alone or are we.?

has lambert brought a new fitness method that clearly works ..? is he more disiplined than previous managers regarding fitness . ? 

thoughts.

[/quote]

They are getting progressively fitter as the season goes on. When in charge of Colchester Lambert kept the team behind for a couple weeks after the season ended to work on their fitness so it was at a very high level. He has frequently said since he got the job he was unhappy with the players fitness levels and was working very hard to put it right when he could throughout the season. It is clear that McNally picked up on this as well. As he was concerned by the training regime which he did not deem to be very professional. I am not getting into another Gunn was good/ Gunn was bad thread but were lasting games better than the oppositon. Something Lambert deserves credit for.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

They''ll need to be.....if they want the new kit to fit.....

Oops! Wrong game of football....

[/quote]

Caption comp of Mello''s picture:

"Are they Man U fans protesting against the Glazers"

I would say on average no fitter than most of the top half. The extra energy at the end of the game comes from passion, desire and team spirit. This is something we have lacked for the previous 2 seasons.