Sign in to follow this  
Mister Gee-Bee

What's happened to the ticketing sub-forum?

I posted a reply to a thread I''d started on it only a couple of hours ago, but now it''s dissappeared... (it was a sub-forum in the ''Main Discussion - Norwich City'' forum)

I imagine that now it has been pointed out (on a thread that was deleted) that reselling tickets is illegal without the written consent of the organiser that they''ve thought better of having that forum.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]I imagine that now it has been pointed out (on a thread that was deleted) that reselling tickets is illegal without the written consent of the organiser that they''ve thought better of having that forum.[/quote]I was suprised when it appearedfor this very reason!

Indeed, a change in the law in 2007 now means it''s illegal to sell on tickets, even at face value or below.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

I thought it had been illegal since the relevant act was introduced in 1994, could be wrong though, and I''m sure no one other than me cares either.

[/quote]

Consulted those in the know and it only applied to top-flight clubs until the ''Ticket Touting (Designation of Football Matches) Order 2007'' added the rest of the league.

In addition, Section 53 of the ''Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006'' included within the definition of ticket touting trading on the internet.

Interesting. Thanks.

I knew it applied to England tickets pre 2007, or maybe that was a result of the introduction of the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

I agree with ripping off fellow supporters is disgraceful, but surely if people are legitimately selling tickets for face value or below it''s ridiculous that some law can prevent this from happening

[quote user="Big Slob"]I agree with ripping off fellow supporters is disgraceful, but surely if people are legitimately selling tickets for face value or below it''s ridiculous that some law can prevent this from happening
[/quote]In most cases you can return them to the club in advance for a refund - the club then re-sells them

Well, that''s the legacy of football hooliganism.

The law is there to try to maintain segregation and to stop those that are banned from football matches getting a ticket another way. Also, there are things in place such as ticket buy-back, and Ticketmaster have authorisation from some clubs to resell tickets.

I think it''s a shame this law is necessary, but I don''t agree that it''s ridiculous.

[quote user="Big Slob"]I agree with ripping off fellow supporters is disgraceful, but surely if people are legitimately selling tickets for face value or below it''s ridiculous that some law can prevent this from happening
[/quote]

Agreed, with the growth in red tape it will not be long before you need a licence to breath!

So how can I advertise that we''d like to swap seats with someone (who may not have been looking to move otherwise)? There''s nothing available that we''d like, and that situation is not likely to change come Movers''n''Shakers. I''m not looking to sell the seats personally, the club will be doing all of that, but we''ve got to find someone willing to move first. Is that illegal?

[quote user="Mister Gee-Bee"]So how can I advertise that we''d like to swap seats with someone (who may not have been looking to move otherwise)? There''s nothing available that we''d like, and that situation is not likely to change come Movers''n''Shakers. I''m not looking to sell the seats personally, the club will be doing all of that, but we''ve got to find someone willing to move first. Is that illegal?[/quote]

If the club are selling the tickets and you and the other party are swapping seat details with the ticket office then there''s nothing wrong with that.

Good. In that case:

Two seats in the middle of the Jarrold (Block K), 5 rows from the very top, with excellent views of the game and the city over the roof of the City Stand (you can see right down the player''s entrance tunnel). Looking to move to similar seats in the adjacent block, J, to be eligible for a concessions rate. Would also consider front half-dozen rows of Upper Barclay. Anyone interested let us know on here and we can both contact the club to let them sort it all out.