Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

If You Think We're Quiet At Home

I have seen a lot of this forum about our home support being edgy and being a bit on the quiet side. We''ll that is nothing compared to what I witnessed at Sunderland the other night. I went to the game with a mate who is a Bolton fan. They got a great start but were still offered little in encouragement to their team getting on their backs when Bolton looked like equalising. When they had romped into a 4-0 lead I expected the atmosphere to be brilliant conisdering it was their first win since November. It was absolutely dead. Considering the North East is meant to the most passionate area of England to watch football in this shows were doing alright...

That ''most passionate fans'' thing is a myth perpetuated by media lovies!Have a look at the size of gates that Middlesborough get...yeh really ''passionate''!

The atmosphere at Carrow Road is no worse than what it''s like anywhere else in any division in England, every ground can produce a great atmosphere under the right circumstances, i.e a thrilling close game, a big knockout cup or even a local derby but no stadiums or supporters produce a good atmosphere for every league match, look at Anfield, a stadium that is often hyped up as being one of the best atmospheric grounds in Europe yet on saturday afternoon league game against someone like Bolton it''s dead.I think some people expect the atmosphere at Carrow Road to be so loud all the time this season becuase we are always winning, problem is when you expect to win every game it''s hard to really get the crowd going because your just waiting for the next goal to go in.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]The atmosphere at Carrow Road is no worse than what it''s like anywhere else in any division in England, every ground can produce a great atmosphere under the right circumstances, i.e a thrilling close game, a big knockout cup or even a local derby but no stadiums or supporters produce a good atmosphere for every league match, look at Anfield, a stadium that is often hyped up as being one of the best atmospheric grounds in Europe yet on saturday afternoon league game against someone like Bolton it''s dead.I think some people expect the atmosphere at Carrow Road to be so loud all the time this season becuase we are always winning, problem is when you expect to win every game it''s hard to really get the crowd going because your just waiting for the next goal to go in.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more!

Also agree with the poster who says that a lot of the myths that fans go by are invented by the media!

The myths with Norwich are -

Sleepy little farming city where the football club isn''t very big and the fans aren''t very passionate!

That annoying myth is one that many people around the Country (mainly TV fans who never go to games!) would say about Norwich!

And I''d also bet that most people in the Country would say that clubs much smaller than us are bigger than us!

Its like when you look at some media outlets you''d never think we were top of League and averaging 24600 crowds bigger than most in the Championship and some in the Premiership!

I remember Man Citys season in this League about 9-10 years ago and the media frenzy cause they were getting 20,000+ crowds yet we don''t get a whimper!

Unfortunately many Norwich fans also get sucked into this little club myth and the myths a reason why the club has alwasy held back when it had a chance push on!

For the record we''re not quiet, its just the atmosphere suffers when we are in games like last Saturdays against Yeovil that we aren''t under much pressure from the oppostion.

The Brentford game and the final moments of the Southend game were very loud because we struggled to get the win!

Away games, Norwich fans are always very vocal!