Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

Carrow Road closures after matches

Right then guys here we go with the next installment presumably this thread has had some knock on effect via edp ect. Here is Mr McNallys response which again unless I have read wrong calls them liars

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1989030,00.html?

The clever thing is he hasn''t said they are liars, he has stated legal facts, now let''s wait and see what NCC have to say.  Your serve Norfolk County Council [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]The clever thing is he hasn''t said they are liars, he has stated legal facts, now let''s wait and see what NCC have to say.  Your serve Norfolk County Council [:)][/quote]

Good point thats how I meant it thanks weare

[quote user="cosmos67"]I did check mister fixed asset and your wrong..........the only time a pedestrian has right of way over a motor vehicle when not using a crossing is when a stop sign is in use at junction or your crossing a junction on foot and your already in the road at the time of crossing ...........so me thinks u better go read the highway code its amazing what you can learn[/quote]

Could you please enlighten me and tell me what part of the Highway Code you are referring to.

Thanks.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Lollipop Men is the answer.

Like School Crossing Patrols only for Football Fans and not School Children. We could have Highway Code information in the matchday programmes and Tufty Club Meetings in The Barclay at halftime.

Thousands of School Children manage to get home safely each day with the help of the Lollipop Men so I don''t see why it shouldn''t work for Football Fans. The Lollipop Men should be volunteers from the older section of our support. It would give these new patrols a Dads Army flavour. Any volunteers?

[/quote]

How about you and Capt. Ludd?

As I normally leave the ground from the Barclay End direction, can someone please confirm whether we still have a number of police constables standing near the old Carrow Rd / Koblenz Way (opposite the swimming pool) i.e near the City Stand / River End corner at the end of every match?

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]The clever thing is he hasn''t said they are liars, he has stated legal facts, now let''s wait and see what NCC have to say.  Your serve Norfolk County Council [:)][/quote]

Good point thats how I meant it thanks weare

[/quote]

Nay worries [:D]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

As I normally leave the ground from the Barclay End direction, can someone please confirm whether we still have a number of police constables standing near the old Carrow Rd / Koblenz Way (opposite the swimming pool) i.e near the City Stand / River End corner at the end of every match?

[/quote]

Not seen them there for ages at the end of match days.

Cars of course have the right of way unless it''s a crossing, then the pedestrian has right of way as far as I can remember.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Haven''t got the time to do it I''m afraid Tangie. I have to be back to call the bingo!

Who''s Capt. Ludd?

[/quote]

Lappinitup!

[/quote]

Now Lapp is a good friend of mine but I don''t want him to hold my hand while I cross the road. He''d only drag me in the pub and then I''d never get back for the bingo!![B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][S]

[quote user="Webbo118"]

You are wrong and misguided in just about everything you say.

1) The Club paid in previous seasons and has been making "contributions" for many years.

2) It''s nonsense to expect to be able to arrive at and leave matches in a safe manner is it?

3) I personally have witnessed a number of near misses involving cars, buses and HGVs.

4) The Club (as an Events Organiser) has a statutory obligation to produce a Traffic Management Plan and, to the best of my knowledge, has not done so this season.

5) I wasn''t aware that anyone had been incensed by playing a game with a sprinkling of snow. As far as I am concerned, a match should be played whenever possible, particularly at Colchester when I am getting soaked to the skin!

6) I am reasonably confident that I am able to remain safe as I have seen some of the potential dangers and do what I can to avoid them. However, complacency often plays a major part in tragic events and I see little point in changing procedures that have operated successfully for countless years merely to save a few pounds. I have been advised that the saving the Club has made is sufficient to pay the wages of ONE FIRST TEAM PLAYER FOR ONE WEEK.  

[/quote]

1, So McNally''s lying is he?

2, You shouldn''t ''expect'' anything. Take rsponsibility for your own actions. If you''re that worried about your safety, stick to the pavements, or wait til the crowds have eased.

3, So i''ve seen nothing all season, and you''ve seen a ''number'' of near misses. You should run a neighbourhood watch with your ability to seek out drama.

4, This is just pure speculation isn''t it? Do you actually know what a ''traffic management plan'' is? Or are you just making another unfounded statement (see point one)?

5, Check out the threads prior to the game at home to Exeter. Seemed like half of Norfolk was terrified that they''d die if they had to make their way to Carrow rd in the snow.

6, So if you''re so confident you can remain safe why make such a fuss. Yes, complacency can lead to tragedy.So DON''T BE COMPLACENT. It''s bad enough having health and safety fascists trying to control every aspect of life, withput people like you playing right into their hands.

If the Police get wind that some supporters are going to act as traffic marshals themselves,mark my words that in no time the ''Old Bill'' will be around in numbers to make sure that no high viz jacketed upstarts are spoiling their thunder!!

Like School Crossing Patrols only for Football Fans and not School Children. We could have Highway Code information in the matchday programmes and Tufty Club Meetings in The Barclay at halftime.

Thousands of School Children manage to get home safely each day with the help of the Lollipop Men so I don''t see why it shouldn''t work for Football Fans. The Lollipop Men should be volunteers from the older section of our support. It would give these new patrols a Dads Army flavour. Any volunteers?

[/quote]

Once upon a time long before my bollocking I would have seen this as an excellent piece of humour and a welcome departure from suggestions like closing parts of Norwich on matchdays from webbo. I can now accept that it is just idiotic and offers no value whatsoever to this very serious issue. Moronic posts such as this, I believe have been banned, you will be suitably punished with indirect guilt trips about your family''s welfare. There can be no recourse as at no point you mention being in agreement with the initial poster despite being made aware that you should be in total agreement at all times. It has brought a new low to the thread as you have devalued the position of any potential patrol leader by indicating a similarity to bungling old fools in a farcical comedy programme. What are you doing, you must be nutty? 

[quote user="Webbo118"]

You are wrong and misguided in just about everything you say.

1) The Club paid in previous seasons and has been making "contributions" for many years.

2) It''s nonsense to expect to be able to arrive at and leave matches in a safe manner is it?

3) I personally have witnessed a number of near misses involving cars, buses and HGVs.

4) The Club (as an Events Organiser) has a statutory obligation to produce a Traffic Management Plan and, to the best of my knowledge, has not done so this season.

5) I wasn''t aware that anyone had been incensed by playing a game with a sprinkling of snow. As far as I am concerned, a match should be played whenever possible, particularly at Colchester when I am getting soaked to the skin!

6) I am reasonably confident that I am able to remain safe as I have seen some of the potential dangers and do what I can to avoid them. However, complacency often plays a major part in tragic events and I see little point in changing procedures that have operated successfully for countless years merely to save a few pounds. I have been advised that the saving the Club has made is sufficient to pay the wages of ONE FIRST TEAM PLAYER FOR ONE WEEK.

[/quote]think most of us will believe the statement from the canaries site over what you''ve written :P

Tim East, Costessey councillor:“I don''t think, even though they are in division one and have debts of

£23m, that we should be compromising the safety of pedestrians and

supporters. They did it when they were in the old third division, so

what''s changed now?"I would suggest the number of cars on the road has increased a bit since then.Mr Tim East, I hope you read, this because you are a total moron.

This is all nuts.Try and cross the road using the "normal" rules outside the club shop after a game to get into riverside.You simply cannot do it, there would not be enough room outside the ground.  As soon as a car stops and the wave of people crosses, everyone just follows.  Most of the time you can''t even see if there is a car there because of the crowd crossing.  What should we do, wait until we see the way is clear?Absolute nonsense.  Its a public road and if its an issue the council should bloody well get involved and solve it.

Spot on.  I sometimes get texts from non-footballing friends asking if city are playing, so they can avoid carrow road.  Its just common sense, and if you live in a city where there are 25000 people on the road every other saturday, engage your brain and take another route.Morons![quote user="NorwichCasual"]I think if you are daft enough to drive down there at the end of a match you deserve to be held up. If you sound your horn repeatedly expect some foul language[/quote]

[quote user="ref89"]This is all nuts.

Try and cross the road using the "normal" rules outside the club shop after a game to get into riverside.

You simply cannot do it, there would not be enough room outside the ground.  As soon as a car stops and the wave of people crosses, everyone just follows.  Most of the time you can''t even see if there is a car there because of the crowd crossing.  What should we do, wait until we see the way is clear?

Absolute nonsense.  Its a public road and if its an issue the council should bloody well get involved and solve it.
[/quote]

If the location was somewhere else in the city and nothing to do with football what would they do?

[quote user="ref89"]Its a public road and if its an issue the council should bloody well get involved and solve it.[/quote]See what I did there Tangy? Just keep what you want and delete the rest, saves getting the crayons out!

[/quote]

Capt. Ludd,

Nutty wants YOU!

Perhaps the person we should really be blaming in all this is the genius who, twenty-odd years ago, thought it would be a great idea to build a major new road right next to a busy football ground.

Fact is that the Club does not have the power to closer the road. The roads in question are public highway and if they have previously been closed then that must have been done by the police or the County Council. Were the club to close these roads post match and prevent traffic from using them they would be committing an offence by obstructing the public highway.

The clue is in the EDP article. The police numbers at on most matchdays have obviously been cut back and therefore they are presumably no longer marshalling the traffic/putting officers in place to close the road. The County Council clearly does not want to foot the bill and are therefore looking to put pressure on the Club.

Personally I am confident in my own ability to get from Carrow Road back to the pub without walking out in front of a car and think most would take the same view.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Capt. Ludd,

Nutty wants YOU!

[/quote]MEGA LOL, TANGIBLE FIXED ASSETS ANYONE?

PS. THANKS FOR THE LOAN OF THE CRAYONS!