Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Is anyone else surprised like me?.......

Every morning I read the gossip column on the BBC website to get the low down on transfers etc,

I am always reading that Prem teams are linked to youngsters in the lower leagues,

Does it surprise anyone else that players such as Korey, Tom, Chrissy Martin etc never get linked with higher clubs,

I am not complaining as  would love to see all of our youngsters stay with City for their whole career, its just that 90% of the rumours on the gossip column are utter cack and I would have thought that with how well they are doing and playing regular that I would always see their names being linked with higher ranked clubs 

Just my thought for the day

Yes, I agree with you.I suspect that they have been watched and if they do well in the Champ next year enquiries will be made. I think the biggest prospect is Korey.

I think Korey smith is under the radar right now, he''s been great this season but not really got the plaudits, long may that continue!!

Without meaning to put these boys down, they are only doing it in League One. Undoubtedly talented, and undoubtedly a great prospect, but a prospect is all they are at present. Once they start cutting it in the Championship, you will soon see the likes of Wigan, Hull, West Ham, Sunderland or Stoke (if they stay up) knocking on the door at Carrow Road for their signatures! Lets just hope by then we will be pushing for promotion to the Prem cos if we arent we wont have a hope in hell of holding onto them!

I know what you mean Ruu, Most of the links to players are from Championship clubs. I would have thought their scouts would be watching out lot tho, and it surprises me that they do not put a bid while they would be a bit cheaper while we are down in League 1. If we do go up and establish ourselves in the top half of the chapionship then it would be much more difficult to prize them away from us

I''m sure there are clubs looking at them but papers like to have rumours about players that most people have heard about. Doubt there are many people outside of Norwich who would be interested in who may or may not bid for Korey Smith.

As most of the rumours are made up anyway, or the sports jurno gets it from some guy he met in the White Hart I wouldn''t pay too much attention to it. It is the male equivalent to Heat magazine.

Doesn;t Tony Spearing scout for someone now ? and other ex players - of course they know about our players , and also about other clubs players - it is how football works , I am sure that Korey Smith''s agent is already conatcting clubs touting him around - and they will scout him on that basis

We won''t keep him or Martin long term - no chance at all - think smith will have teh better career though

99% of newspaper stories on transfers are rubbish...

X Premiership team needs an Y type player.

Z League One team has a good young Y player.

Join dots.

The thing is - when generating these stories, they go for obvious links... so Beckford is more obvious that Korey Smith, for example... hence why he is always linked...

In terms of who is actually attracting *real* attention, I''d say that the newspapers have no reflection. I''m sure in that sense, Korey is closely monitored by lots of teams.

The whole Victor Moses transfer saga proves how little newspapers know at times. "He''s going to Real Madrid/Arsenal/Man U/Chelsea for 4/5/6/7 million" but then signs for Wigan for 2.5m.

I work at Arsenal, might see if I can get a Korey Smith to replace Fabregas story in one of the rags. Although, not sure if we should draw too much attention to him.

" our* lot tho "

durrrrrrrrrrr

Players will almost always have a clause in their contract which allows them to talk to other clubs if a certain wage level is offered.

If they accept that offer compensation is paid in the way of paying up that player''s contract with the original club.

I''m sure that the idea of a wicked pantomime villain selling off the players with all the zeal of an evil stepfather probably suits some fans. Saves them from thinking and having to accept the harsh reality of football.

Players will seek the best price for their abilities

EVERY club has limited funds so will have to make decisions based on that

As to the original comment most tabloids simply regurgitate what the agents feed them. The Sun probably being the worst. Not only is it the one newspaper that doesn''t have it''s own accredited reporters at games but it compensates for this by filling up it''s sports pages with meaningless exclusives.

As to whether other clubs are watching/monitoring our players then I would take it as read that they are. All games right down to a very low league have scouts (and such like) watching and making reports.

Virtually all the players we have signed recently have come almost unannounced, other than early speculation when medical checks are being done.

With somebodyt like Korey Smith I would expect that he would want to prove himself in the Championship for a while before any move. Likewise Chris Martin. Very few players make taht step up into the Premiership from the third tier.

They will leave at some point. Good luck. That is how we got Holt. What is heartening is that the work and money put into the acadamy a few years back is now bearing fruition. There is at least a half a dozen players who have come through the ranks who have proved they are good enough for Div 1

Maybe a year on in their development they will prove they are good enough for the championship, with at least another couple more breaking through for the season after.

So my suggestion is that you stop reading such old tosh. Hoolahan was off to Middlesborough, Lambert to Burnley and Delia was set to move from Sainsbury''s when I last heard - so you need to take it all with a pinch of salt mate.

Even with most of Delia''s recipes as well, along with a couple of quick grinds of pepper and a spring of parsley for garnish so I''m told.

"Who is the quote in your tag line from? I can''t stop laughing about it! It''s amazing!"

It was said by someone on here - with no hint of irony - in defence of me attacking him, when he made a joke that suggested all homosexuals were paedophiles...

I''m adding to my stand-up set, when I can work out how to put it in! :)