Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

Article On FFT

Everyone seems to think were already up, personally I still feel as if our place in the top 2 will continue to be in danger unless we get good results from our next 3 games, then I''ll believe we can''t be stopped.

These were the same people telling us Leeds were strolling back to the championship not too long ago. We''ll know where we stand after the next three games.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Everyone seems to think were already up, personally I still feel as if our place in the top 2 will continue to be in danger unless we get good results from our next 3 games, then I''ll believe we can''t be stopped.[/quote]Agreed. Huddersfield and Swindon have been on a bit of a downturn the last few weeks, so if we can sneak wins out of those games, and at least a point off of Leeds, we are all but there in my opinion. I know there is still a bit to go, but the hardest stuff will be out of the way.I really think we need to create one hell of a hostile atmosphere for Leeds when they come down here though. Show them what real support is *Devil smiley face*.

[quote user="Sephiroth Owa"][quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Everyone seems to think were already up, personally I still feel as if our place in the top 2 will continue to be in danger unless we get good results from our next 3 games, then I''ll believe we can''t be stopped.[/quote]

Agreed. Huddersfield and Swindon have been on a bit of a downturn the last few weeks, so if we can sneak wins out of those games, and at least a point off of Leeds, we are all but there in my opinion. I know there is still a bit to go, but the hardest stuff will be out of the way.

I really think we need to create one hell of a hostile atmosphere for Leeds when they come down here though. Show them what real support is *Devil smiley face*.
[/quote]

I really hope we make it a hostile atmosphere. Leeds winning goal against us was absolutely horrible and the arrogance of their fans afterwards made it worse. Play off final aside I have never felt more ill inside a football ground.

We are already as good as up.

Anyone who seriously thinks that we are not going to win another three games or so with the odd draw or two in the next ten games cannot have watched us play or seen the standard of some of the opposition.

The big question is how we do it. The target now has to be 100 points and 100 goals. Nothing less than winning the title and beating the 2004 Championship total of 94 points will do.

This needs to be done in style to prove beyond any doubt they we deserved the title and no ''what ifs'' based on us being only a point or two ahead of third place.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Everyone seems to think were already up, personally I still feel as if our place in the top 2 will continue to be in danger unless we get good results from our next 3 games, then I''ll believe we can''t be stopped.[/quote]6 or 7 points from the next 3 games i would say we are up bar the singing[Y]

[quote user="City1st"]We are already as good as up. Anyone who seriously thinks that we are not going to win another three games or so with the odd draw or two in the next ten games cannot have watched us play or seen the standard of some of the opposition. The big question is how we do it. The target now has to be 100 points and 100 goals. Nothing less than winning the title and beating the 2004 Championship total of 94 points will do. This needs to be done in style to prove beyond any doubt they we deserved the title and no ''what ifs'' based on us being only a point or two ahead of third place.[/quote]really??? there are still 33/36 points to play for...we are only 9 points clear of second..there is alot of football to be played as yet...if we can get 6-7 points from the nxt 3 games i would then say we are up bar the singing[Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="City1st"]We are already as good as up. Anyone who seriously thinks that we are not going to win another three games or so with the odd draw or two in the next ten games cannot have watched us play or seen the standard of some of the opposition. The big question is how we do it. The target now has to be 100 points and 100 goals. Nothing less than winning the title and beating the 2004 Championship total of 94 points will do. This needs to be done in style to prove beyond any doubt they we deserved the title and no ''what ifs'' based on us being only a point or two ahead of third place.[/quote]really??? there are still 33/36 points to play for...we are only 9 points clear of second..there is alot of football to be played as yet...if we can get 6-7 points from the nxt 3 games i would then say we are up bar the singing[Y][/quote]If we win Saturday and Charlton lose away at Millwall I would say we are up. That would be a 12 point gap to 3rd with a better goal difference so 3rd would need to overturn 13 points on us. That won''t happen.

Thought the piece was quite interesting until I read that Huddersfield have the worst home form of the top eight. Given they haven''t lost at home yet, it made me wonder whether I could believe anything else in the article.

If we get 5 wins from our remaining games we will be promoted. 6 wins and we will go up as champions. A minimum of 3 points from the next 3 games will leave us needing to win half of our remaining games to get promoted. we still have some very winnable home games left and would have to embark on a pretty poor run of form to miss out on auto promotion. 

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Thought the piece was quite interesting until I read that Huddersfield have the worst home form of the top eight. Given they haven''t lost at home yet, it made me wonder whether I could believe anything else in the article.[/quote]Points-wise, they do have the worst home form of the top seven. Over 40% of their home games have been draws.Something we are protecting this weekend which I''ve barely seen mentioned anywhere, is a 21 match run of scoring in away league games. We haven''t failed to score on the road in the league since the defeat at Blackpool over a year ago.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Everyone seems to think were already up, personally I still feel as if our place in the top 2 will continue to be in danger unless we get good results from our next 3 games, then I''ll believe we can''t be stopped.[/quote]

Have to say I totally agree with you, we shouldn''t start crowing too soon.  These things have an awful way of coming back and biting you on the tooshy.

I''m not saying don''t enjoy winning and where we are, but keep a firm footing and grounded.  It''s football and anything can happen.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Everyone seems to think were already up, personally I still feel as if our place in the top 2 will continue to be in danger unless we get good results from our next 3 games, then I''ll believe we can''t be stopped.[/quote]

Thank you, thank you, thank you - someone talking sense. We''ve won nothing yet and, if we come to grief in our next three matches (which is highly possible) then we''ll be scrambling to keep out of the play-offs. If we DO end up in the play-offs, we know how good we are at bottling vital matches (remember Fulham and Charlton, for a start!).

I''m quietly confident that we will get automatic promotion, but let''s not start celebrating until it''s mathematically certain! 

I don''t want to pi55 on anybody''s chips but I will never forget the 2001-02 season when we met (and beat) Wolves in the Div 1 play-offs.

They were top with 9 matches to play, having won 10 of their last 11 games and were miles ahead of the play-offs.

They won just 2 more games and finshed third behind West Brom.

They took years to live it down too after lots of ''we''ll never play you again''-type taunting of the Baggies.

I remember we gave them loads of pi55-taking at Molineux in the play-off semi too.

OK, this is an extreme example but it can happen...let''s make really certain before we celebrate, eh?