Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Time to talk team selection for Saturday??

As far as I can see it boils down to a straight choice between whether we go safety first (Lappin) or if we are going to go out for the 3 points from the start (McNamee) as the rest of the side ,with the returning Russell picking itself.

Which way will Lambert go??

One other point regarding the subs bench, I don''t see the need to have both Hughes and Gill there, when Gill came on ,on Saturday it was his first appearnce for 9 matches since boxing day, I''d rather see Tudor-Jones there as he''s seen a bit of football recently and could offer something a bit different?

Personally I think Russell will come in for McNamee - can''t see Lambert dropping Smith or Lappin and like you say, Russell has to start. Especially at somewhere like Huddersfield, him sitting in front of the defence could be key.

ForsterR. Martin     Nelson        Doc       Rose    Smith            Russell         Lappin                        Hoolahan            Holt                         Martin

If this doesnt work, I would bring McNamee on for either Lappin or Russell at half time and play the formation we have done for the last few matches. I also hope Dury is back on the bench, he played an hour this week so if its not going to plan with Rose hopefully he can finish the match for us.That said, Lambert doesnt like to change a winning team so I wont be suprised to see the same team sheet as the Yeovil Match.

[quote user="birchfest"]                          ForsterR. Martin     Nelson        Doc       Rose    Smith            Russell         Lappin                        Hoolahan            Holt                         Martin

If this doesnt work, I would bring McNamee on for either Lappin or Russell at half time and play the formation we have done for the last few matches. I also hope Dury is back on the bench, he played an hour this week so if its not going to plan with Rose hopefully he can finish the match for us.That said, Lambert doesnt like to change a winning team so I wont be suprised to see the same team sheet as the Yeovil Match.[/quote]I agree.

[quote user="birchfest"]                          Forster

R. Martin     Nelson        Doc       Rose

Smith            Russell         Lappin

Hoolahan

Holt                         Martin

If this doesnt work, I would bring McNamee on for either Lappin or Russell at half time and play the formation we have done for the last few matches. I also hope Dury is back on the bench, he played an hour this week so if its not going to plan with Rose hopefully he can finish the match for us.

That said, Lambert doesnt like to change a winning team so I wont be suprised to see the same team sheet as the Yeovil Match.
[/quote]

start with that team and then bring mcnamee on for either smith or lapps (depending on who playing worse) if its not working out.

I reckon he''ll go with the same as Oldham, but with Rusty in for the King of Spain....

Forster

Martin (R) Doc Nelson Rose

Smith Rusty

Macnamee Hoolahan Martin (C)

Holt

Not sure I agree with that but that''s what I fancy he''ll do

You would have to keep Mcnamee due to his ability to take on defenders & leave them red faced also his pseed & his crosses are something we have needed for ages

ForsterR.Martin    Doc    Nelson/Askou Drury (if fit)                      RussellSmith                                  Mcnamee            Martin         Hools                        HoltAlways work for me on Fifa 10! xD

I''d go for the diamond, I think, with Russell at the base, Smith right, Lappin left and Hoolahan at the top. McNamee on the bench.

As others have said, the 4-2-3-1 option would allow Lambert to swap McNamee in for Lappin, and I wouldn''t be disappointed if that was the team:

Russell Smith

Martin    Hoolahan   McNamee

Holt

"Drury must play if fit". Agreed, but he also must not play if he''s not fit. Better that we get him 100% right before he comes back.

[quote user="birchfest"]                          Forster

R. Martin     Nelson        Doc       Rose

Smith            Russell         Lappin

Hoolahan

Holt                         Martin

If this doesnt work, I would bring McNamee on for either Lappin or Russell at half time and play the formation we have done for the last few matches. I also hope Dury is back on the bench, he played an hour this week so if its not going to plan with Rose hopefully he can finish the match for us.

That said, Lambert doesnt like to change a winning team so I wont be suprised to see the same team sheet as the Yeovil Match.
[/quote]

That would be my team as well. McNamee is a good option for Lappin if we need to chase the game.

McNamee to start on the bench for me. He seemed to be blowing a bit in the last 20 against Yeovil. Would rather have him come on fresh and allow us to change our shape accordingly later on.