Sign in to follow this  
Heresyourfathersgun

Andy Hughes, Leeds Legend..........

I think he deserves a good reception. Always gave his 100 per cent.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]What sort of reception do we give him if he plays? Despite being a plonker he always had a good apport with us.[/quote]

Yes great rapport!, right down to the time he assaulted a Norwich fan in the City stand after one particular home match!

What, the same Andy Hughes who was angry because he thought he was too good a player to receive stick from the Norwich crowd?

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]perhaps we should have booed him more when he was with us then![/quote]Ha!Fair point!

Was like an ill puppy you just couldnt hate him, but you knew it was time it was shot!

By the way Waccoe are calling for him to be moved from righ/left back into a centre midfield role......and they think they have a beter side than us!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]What sort of reception do we give him if he plays? Despite being a plonker he always had a good apport with us.[/quote]

Yes great rapport!, right down to the time he assaulted a Norwich fan in the City stand after one particular home match!

[/quote]

funny though after that he became a cult hero... anyway if i had been playing for norwich that game i`d have had a go too..the  crowd were a disgrace , it was the culmination of  the long and hateful worthy out campaign and it made me ashamed to be a norwich supporter .. and i couldn`t care less who was involved with that campaign on here it was a disgrace  and they should be ashamed

Wasn''t fit to wear the shirt

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]perhaps we should have booed him more when he was with us then![/quote]

We tried that with Otsemobor and look what happened

I will clap the guy because I only dislike a player if I feel they didn''t apply themselves properly or show a lack of respect to the club. For example Bentley and Francis who both didnt want to know when the going got tough. However the same cannot be said of Hughes. Couldn''t fault the effort. Really had the heart of lion. I remember when he went to left back against Leicester after Drury got injured (shock horror!) and arguably played his best game for the club that night. However he was woefully short of ability for a championship footballer. It wasnt his fault Worthy decided he was worth £500k. How Worthy came to that conclusion I will never know but thats for another thread I guess.

Andy Hughes was such a legend, he once gave me his lotus white norwich training top, after he''d been wearing it... Lovely [:|]

I''ll cheer him. Not the best player to put on a Norwich shirt but not the worst (we had Dean Coney remember). I liked Hughes simply because he always gave everything and you could tell he gave a damn. My favourite memory was of him making a sliding tackle vs the the binners, taking man and ball, getting up and roaring at the crowd. The aggression and passion he had was obvious. A decent full back and a top chap.

Has to be one of the worst players ability wise to play for us, bags of passion but I don''t think I can remember a player putting so many simple passes into the crowd.We should try and make things as hostile as possible for every Leeds player and if that means booing every Leeds player including hoofer Hughes then so be it, if this game was at their place they would give our players stick so we should return the compliment.

useless beyond beleive boo the tool everytime he touches it (which wont be often)he was awful for us,cant understand you idiots not wanting to give him stick