Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

I may aswell throw my own pick in now, which I doubt I''ll use in the final 6, mainly because it''s a borderline risk - 2nd playing 7th...West Brom (11 - 2 - 4 - 35 - 16 at home this season) play Blackpool (3 - 7 - 7 - 18 - 24 away this season).  Blackpool haven''t scored in their last 3 away games, despite having good form at home.I think a home win for West Brom, but I''m not sure if I''d put money on it [:)]Good luck everyone and keep those picks flooding in !

After much deliberation, this week its the Scottish 3rd Division for me and...

Elgin v Livingstone - Away Win

Elgin have W1 D2 L6 at home and are 2nd bottom, Livingstone have W7 D2 L3 away, and are well clear at the top.

Good luck to all PUPs and especially Blahx3.

Holland for me this week and FC Twente (W-21,D-4,L-1) to win at home against lowly ADO Den Haag(W-5,D-8,L-13)

Good luck Blah and all PUPs

MC

[quote user="methcanary"]

Holland for me this week and FC Twente (W-21,D-4,L-1) to win at home against lowly ADO Den Haag(W-5,D-8,L-13)

MC

[/quote]OOOPS! Just noticed this one is on Friday night, so I will change it to FC Salzburg(14,7,2) to win at home against SV Kapfenberg(6,5,12).... Sorry to Nutty and Blah for the confusion.

Good luck Blahx3. Getting that 6th one is always tricky. And good luck to the rest of the PUP''s.My nap is in Greece, and although I''m not a great fan of betting on your team this one has to be done. Olympiakos to beat PAS Giannina. With 5 games left, and 5 points behind bitter rivals Panathiakos, and looking like we are gonna fall out of the champions league, this is a must win game against 2nd bottom. Anything but a win hands the greens the title, so I have everything crossed for this one, and for yourself Blahx3. Good luck.

[quote user="methcanary"][quote user="methcanary"]

MC

[/quote]OOOPS! Just noticed this one is on Friday night, so I will change it to FC Salzburg(14,7,2) to win at home against SV Kapfenberg(6,5,12).... Sorry to Nutty and Blah for the confusion.[/quote]

Life is full of strange coincidences and for a moment there it looked like Blah''s Friday Night Curse was going to strike again[:S] No worries Meth, I have you down for Salzburg[Y]

As for my selection I''m going to a Monday night game and Liverpool at home to Portsmouth. Surely "The Bindippers" can''t mess this one up! I reckon they have to win their home games against poorer opposition to stand any chance of finishing in the top four.

Liverpool   V   Portsmouth     Home Win

Good luck Blah, I know you are working on a strategy that could give us an excellent chance of beating Billy this weekend.

Short sweet and simple once again - Scottish 3rd Division and its gotta be Livingston to beat Elgin for me    Best of luck blahblahblah and heres hoping for both a city and PUPS win as always!!

Venturing into the Championship this week:

COVENTRY -v- Plymouth   HOME WIN

Coventry are just outside the play-off places and I''m hoping this will spur them on to beat a Plymouth side who seem firmly entrenched in a relegation dogfight.

Blackpool and Cardiff are sitting just above them and both have tough away matches this weekend, so that sixth place is within your grasp Coventry!!  [;)][;)]

Good Luck blah x 3 and all our lovely PUPs  [:D][:D]

Club Brugge to beat Roeselare in the Belgian Jupiler League.Club Brugge are second in the league, behind Anderlecht. They have 51 points and +15 GD. On the other hand Roeselare are bottom of the league with a mere 17 points with a terrible -27 GD!Seems a banker to me, good luck![Y] [:)]

Nutty, URGENT.

The post above in my name should have been in Hughesy''s name, I was placing the selection for her.

So Swansea v Sheff Wed - Home Win is for Hughesy.

Apologies.

I''ll join the throng going for a Real Madrid away win.

Agree with norfolkchance1 that they''ll be up for the match after the slip up in the Champions Leauge midweek.

Good luck all

I''m going to stick my neck out a bit this week.

Brighton seem to have come into form lately and moving away from danger, whereas Swindon have got the right old heebie-jeebies at the moment.

So, with much trepidation I''m going to go for BRIGHTON vs Swindon - HOME WIN.

Good luck folks, hope to see some of you at Huddersfield tomorrow! [Y]

Scottish League Two for me this week where bottom club Clyde ( 3 0 7 6 15 ) entertain second place Cowdenbeath ( 5 4 3 17 12 ). Clyde have only scored six at home while Cowdenbeath have seventeen away goals so I can only see one outcome.

Clyde v Cowdenbeath........Home win.

Good luck Blah. [Y]

This is a great week to choose 6 candidates, lots of good home records against poor away ones.  I''ve been spoiled for choice with a lot of high quality selections, sorry if yours didn''t make it and you felt it should have.  I''ve tried to be wary of midweek hangovers, it seems that Man Utd have lost 4 of their league matches on the Saturdays after Champions League matches this season, apologies to GMF for not picking what looks like an otherwise nailed on pick there.As well as checking season form home vs away, and in some instances current form, I''ve also used picker records to base my final selections, on the basis that success breeds success.  I''ve also included odds from oddschecker, as a guide to how likely the results are in the eyes of the market.So the tactics are :
  • Steer clear of away wins and draws (an excellent tip once provided by YankeeCanary)
  • Choose games where successful pickers have congregated
  • Take 5 solid / short odds home wins
  • Make the 6th game a mad gamble with decent odds, as 6 solid home wins hardly ever come up.
1. Dinamo Zagreb to beat Zadar (1/7) 1.14 --- Mr Bump (100%) Didn''t bother checking this one, Mr Bump picked it - nuff said.2. Bayern Munich (9-4-0-26-9) vs Frieburg (4-2-7-17-24). Home Win (1/6) 1.16--- Til 1010 (94%), Trent Canary(74%), Legend Iwan69% home win record plays a 53% away defeat record.3. Chelsea (12-1-1-41-12) to beat West Ham (1-5-8-12-23) - (1/4) 1.25--- Mister Chops(84%), Beauseant (94%), Cityangel(84%), The Butler(67%), DDD (93%), Sports Desk Pete (81%)86% home win record plays a 57% away defeat record.4. Spurs (9-2-3-30-9) to beat Blackburn (1-3-10-9-33) (5/11) 1.45 --- Pboro Canary(83%) 60% win record plays a 71% away defeat record, Spurs 10 pts from last 12.5. Olympiakos to beat PAS Giannina (2/9) 1.22--- Fellas(81%)I couldn''t find homes and aways for this one, but agree with Fellas judgement that it''s a must win for Olympiakos.And the mad gamble is...6. Southampton (9-4-2-35-14) vs Leeds (9-5-3-29-17) - Home Win (13/8) 2.62If you''re going to gamble on a team, make sure they have the leagues'' top scorers.  WhichSouthampton will turn up ?  The one that lost to Tranmere, or the one that beat Huddersfield 5-0 ?  Which Leeds will turn up ?  The one that beat us, Spurs and Man Utd, or the one that lost away to Exeter, Swindon, and (I think) Millwall ?--- McDougalls Perm (81%)*******************************************Honourable mentions go to :Northampton (6-7-4-22-19, 3 straight wins) to beat Darlington (1-2-13-9-39, 1 pt in 18) - Home Win (4/9) 1.44--- YankeeCanary (68%), Inch_High(74%) : If Northampton had converted more draws to wins, I''d have been happy to pick this.Swansea (8-7-2-15-9) vs Sheff Wed (3-4-10-13-30, 4 straight away defeats)--- Kathy (74%), Hughesy (77%)Swansea seem to either win 1-0 or draw 1-1, not enough home goals for me.Man Utd (12-1-1-39-8) - Fulham (1-6-7-11-20) : Home Win (1/4) 1.25--- GMF (76%) - Man Utd seem to have champions league hangovers more than most - will Rooney et al be rested ?  And Hodgson is no mug, despite the away record.  A likely win, but a possible draw, and the likely odds don''t make it worthwhile.    Real Valladolid (2-6-5-18-24) versus Real Madrid (7-2-3-23-10) - away win (1/3) 1.33 - --- norfolkchance1 (80%), Shyster, ncfcstar(87%), Yellow Fever(65%)Some good pickers backing this one, but it''s an away win, and they scare me.  Also, Valladolid have too many home draws for comfort.Elgin (1-2-6) vs Livingstone (7-2-3) - Away Win (5/11) 1.45--- Hissing Sid (74%), Statto28Nothing much wrong with this, except it''s in a low league, and I think they tend to be more unpredictable.  Also, it''s away.  * Shudders *...Hibernian to beat Ross County. - Sparkos (87%) (4/11) 1.36Hibs 4th in the Premier, County 3rd in League 1.  I think Country will be hard to beat, in my weird head this is like a Tottenham vs Forest game, 2 teams both playing well at their levels, so a surprise is possible.

Liverpool (10-2-2-33-12) vs Portsmouth (2-2-10-7-25) - Home Win (1/4) 1.25--- Nutty Nigel (77%), Graham Humphrey (90%), ObiwanCanary (86%)Again, an excellent pick from some successful pickers, but both teams seem to fit a "random" category in my head - not quite enough consistency from Liverpool to make me comfortable, they lost again last night, and Portsmouth are FA Cup semi-finalists again, so no mugs.You could comfortably pick any 6 of these, and expect 5 wins and a draw.  Expect me to be slapping my forehead when these all come in and Southampton and Leeds draw [:)]