Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The Deloitte report is in. Watch this space.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Anglofile"]

Also no offense taken.  Totally dilute was a very strong word and I should apologize to any shareholders who are not board members.  I any situation I''ve been involved, all should be treated fairly.  We are not known as hatchet men.

Best,

Joe

[/quote]

And just how far would you recommend that my 4 shares be diluted?[:''(]

So I could become a member of the One Hundred Club? Or would it be more likely a seat at the One Million Round Table?

OTBC

[/quote]

Hey Joe! You didn''t answer my cotton-pickin'' question.

Or are you avoiding numbers?

OTBC

[/quote]

Don''t have a definitive answer.  Wouldn''t want to BS ya.  Need to crawl into numbers more and speak with thye bank about capital structure.  BTW, you sound like you''re an American with that "cotton pickin" jargon?  Cotton doesn''t grow in England but I believe Manchester used to be the cotton shirt manfacturing capital of the world.

Joe

[quote user="Anglofile"]

JMJ!!!!!! ?????? Seriously, we have established that I don''t understand your made up acronyms, what?

You must be kiding.

Bulge Bracket Firms:

Goldman, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Merrill

Large full service I-banks now commercial banks also for all the crap they shoveled and took bailout.

Joe

[/quote]

[quote user="Kent Canary"][quote user="Anglofile"]

JMJ!!!!!! ?????? Seriously, we have established that I don''t understand your made up acronyms, what?

You must be kiding.

Bulge Bracket Firms:

Large full service I-banks now commercial banks also for all the crap they shoveled and took bailout.

Joe

[/quote][/quote]

Jesus, Maria y Jose

[quote user="Anglofile"][quote user="Kent Canary"][quote user="Anglofile"]

You must be kiding.

Bulge Bracket Firms:

Joe

[/quote][/quote]

Jesus, Maria y Jose

[/quote]Thanks Shyster.

[quote user="Kent Canary"][quote user="Anglofile"][quote user="Kent Canary"][quote user="Anglofile"]

You must be kiding.

Bulge Bracket Firms:

Joe

[/quote][/quote]

Jesus, Maria y Jose

[/quote]

Thanks Shyster.
[/quote]

Tisk Tisk

[quote user="City penguin"]you sound like a bitter jurno to me. A yank jurno two of the most hated groups of people in the world.[/quote]PFT! And I assume you''re a miserable ''ol vv@nker from Norwich.  Let your imagination run wild.  I can easily be verified.

[quote user="City penguin"]well if you can be verified and are so well respected what on earth are you doing on the Pinkun. Real mature with the boring insults.[/quote]Oh!!!!!!!!

a) you won''t be investing in the clubb) you won''t be facilitating any investments in the clubc) no one at the club takes you seriouslyd) none of the fans take you seriouslye) go away

[quote user="dw_owls"]You may be interested to know something more about these people.  They are hangingaround our club, so we have been looking into them.http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte/stories/2004/03/01/daily36.html

[/quote]Thanks, but I''m not clear on the link between our new friendly neighbourhood poster and the article you''ve linked to?

Jon Pritchett is now working for Club 9 Sports.  These are the American Investorsthat Anglofile is working for.  It''s all very suspicious.  Every post I have put on aSheffield Wednesday board questioning these people has been deleted.I have written to the Football League, but no response yet.http://www.club9sports.com/

from this link...[quote]Club 9 is a joint venture between Tobacco Road Capitalists, LLC , a sports

management and sports media advisory company and Prometheus Capital

Partners, LLC, a middle market merchant bank.
[/quote]Tobacco Road Capitalists list the following in their experience page - looks like a whole bunch of corporate ball-cocks to me, does anyone in here speak corporate ?[quote]AstroTurf, USA (General Sports

Venue, LLC)

Led the turnaround of this brand in the US after acquiring the

rights to the brand when it merged from the bankruptcy of Southwest

Recreational Industries. Repositioned the brand through strategic

development alliances with other authentic performance brands and

aggressive R&D efforts based on data-driven performance and safety

improvements. Introduced multiple new products, acquired exclusive

rights to complimentary products and build a national distribution

network of sales reps and channel partners. Through aggressive marketing

efforts, including the signing of Archie Manning as spokesman, took the

brand from zero market share to a strong #2 position in a highly

competitive industry.

TRAC (Team

Sports Entertainment, Inc.)

Fully developed the Team Racing Auto Circuit business plan as consultant

to the start-up racing league and then helped the organization raise

$10 million from private investors to launch. Negotiated all material

contracts with strategic partners, including a long-term programming

agreement with ESPN, track leases with Speedway Motor Sports, Inc. and

prototype race cars with Riley & Scott.

ScheerSports,

Inc.

Led the re-invigoration of the boutique firm between 1997 and 2001.

During that time ScheerSports developed the 16,000-seat BI-LO CENTER in

Greenville, SC – one of the first “major market” venues designed for a

secondary market. Served as President of the ECHL and AFL teams, which

were the anchor tenants of the arena in Greenville. The teams, owned by

ScheerSports, were among the most successful franchises in all of minor

league sports. Successfully attracted and managed NCAA, NBA and NHL

events at the facility. Led consulting efforts with the NBA in the

planning and launch phase of the NBDL – the development league founded,

owned and operated by the NBA. Oversaw the successful commercialization

of the Verizon Wireless Center in Manchester, New Hampshire – a highly

successful development project by Carl Scheer and partners at

ScheerGame.

Word DICE, Inc.

Consultant to the Chairman and Founder. Currently

leading the television negotiations process for the series and assisting

with the raise of the next round of capital.

FRENCH I

WEST I VAUGHAN

Serve as Vice Chairman for this Public Relations and Brand

Communications firm, which is the largest private PR firm in the

Southeast. Lead the business development process and consult with agency

clients in the sports, media, political or public affairs industries. [/quote]
Prometheus Capital Partners have a website that was probably written using by a 14 year old during recess using a very poor content management system.  My fees are reasonable should they require my services...  There is a small blurb about your man Pritchett.[quote]Mr. Pritchett has over 20 years of

sports, entertainment and media business success including several

management positions in a diverse group of sports and entertainment

companies. Previously, Mr. Pritchett served as the CEO of General Sports

Venue, a sports specialty marketer of brands, including the AstroTurf

brand. During his tenure, Pritchett led a highly successful effort to

re-build the brand as the industry leader. Prior to GSV, Jon spent 10

years as COO of ScheerSports and VP of Host Communications, Inc[/quote]So - the man who turned around the plastic pitch wants to buy the Owls.  The method of turning around businesses seems to work along the lines of re-branding the company, making alliances with media (something that is out of the hands of individual clubs in the UK), but not much mention of debt leverage.  You''d probably have to dig more, and into some pretty dull places to find evidence of that.My massive and eminent experience of business  ( watching 3 whole series of Dragons Den )  suggests that capitalists will want a return on their money.  It amazes me that Club9 haven''t looked at the experience of Hicks / Gilette and the Glazers, and been put off.

Thinking about it - it''s fairly apparent what Wednesday and City have in common.  Both sleeping giants, both have large fan bases, Wednesday have a half empty ground most weeks that they would probably fill if they ever got back to the Prem.  From America it may look as if there is money to be made in getting those clubs back to the Premiership.  In reality though, when you get there, you have to spend more than you can make to stay there - there is no point at which capital investors could rake off the profits to claim back their investment.  Which leaves the only alternative - the Glazer model.  And we already have the green and yellow scarves thank you very much Joe...

[quote user="Top of the League Lass"]think its time for delia to sell up[/quote]Agreed, her and Michael aren''t getting any younger.  But the key thing is who to.  Give me a philanthropist over a capitalist any day of the week.  Right now there''s no money to be made in football unless you get the fans to buy the club for you.

From our contact in the US..........http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-3982314/Team-Sports-Shareholders-From-Georgia.htmlPosted

this on Owlstalk and had my account frozen within 10 minutes

(independent my arse) but at least people are starting to ask questions.Like

why does John Prutch have 4 companies, all claiming to be "leading

investment/merchant banks" all based out of 2 Prudential Plaza in

Chicago on the 14th floor which happens to be the Regus/HQ temporary

office space and the last company (Adams Harris) who occupied the

office they are in outgrew the space (when they reached 3 people).OR Why

does Jon Pritchett, on his Tobacco Road Capitalists site, list 5 deals

they "did" as being their selected accomplishments.....except only one

was an actual "deal" - the aforementioned TRAC which was hardly an

accomplishment.  Scheer Sports, General Sports Venue and FWH are not

"deals" or "accomplishments" - they are companies he has worked for.Be

kind of like me starting a website for my "investment bank" and listing

Deutsche Bank, Shell Oil and Baker Tilley as "clients"..........SOJoe

Kosich or "Anglofile" - who is this man who is "no longer involved" but

yet refers to Club 9 Sports in the first person.  He was not the Head

of Structured Finance at Wachovia in 2005 - 2007 as his public bio

claims - that title was held by Brian Zwerner who has never heard of

Joe Kosich - but he is now listed as being the founder of Dornoch

Capital (the group who eBayed Tranmere).  Dornoch describes itself thus

: "Dornoch Capital Advisors, LLC is a

merchant banking and advisory firm with offices located in Chicago,Birmingham, U.K., Milwaukee, Beverly Hills and Orlando, FL and headquartered in the Village of Pinehurst, NC."

Dornoch

actually has one employee and one office - a two story house converted

in to small office suites in the tiny village of Pinehurst NC. 

Amazingly these facts were not just confirmed but POSTED by Joe Kosich

on Owlstalk last week.So put John, Jon and Joe together and

what do you get - not a lot.  One deal in the 21st

century - a failed NASCAR rip off that went down in a hail of lawsuits

and losses - lots of bragging and big-upping on websites, lots of ''fan

friendly'' posts on Owlstalk and not the first sign of serious

investment.It''s like someone subbed LS in for KW, and a

combination of Joe (online) and John (freebies in the directors'' box)

taking the place of Geoff (Sheard) and here we are back in March 2008

talking about days away (sorry, smell the money it is this time), proof

of funds being supplied (negotiations at a delicate stage this time)

and so on and so on etc etc etc.Club

9 Sports have a history of doing this - there are 3 other deals on the

web where everything was "done" only for last minute hitches to come

up.  And here''s the crowning moment - amazingly one recent failed Club

9 Sports deal involved a Tennessee "towing tycoon" backing them to buy

in to a San Diego ice hockey team - that "tycoon" was one Bill

Miller.....recognise that name? 

---

---

Interesting stuff about Club 9 in particular. But as far as Kosich and Norwich City are concerned the point is a rather different one.

Kosich may well be a loud-mouthed timewaster who has exaggerated his importance in doing deals. Totally irrelevant. What he did was pick Norwich out of 92 League clubs and sing its praises as an investment. So far, A GOOD THING.

This “buy Norwich” article gets read in America. America is the world’s largest economy. It has lots of rich people. Some of these rich people are sports fans. On the back of this Kosich (unless he is lying through his teeth, and such a lie would be easily found out) gets some polite very initial (note the “very initial”) inquiries about Norwich. Still so far A GOOD THING.

He contacts McNally and McNally tells him to pass the names on to Deloitte’s. This Kosich does, effectively cutting himself out of the action, since he certainly has no contract with NCFC or, presumably, with Deloitte’s.

So Kosich has got the names of some possible (note the “possible”) investors and instead of keeping them to himself does the selfless thing of handing them over to Deloitte’s to assess. And in doing so effectively excludes himself from the process. Still so far A GOOD THING, at least if he is a timewaster.

In summary, Deloitte’s has some names of possible investors it wouldn’t have had without Kosich’s help. The probability is that nothing will come of any of them. But there is a chance something will. The fact that Kosich may be a timewaster doesn’t mean the potential investors who read his article are also all timewasters.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]---

---

Interesting stuff about Club 9 in particular. But as far as Kosich and Norwich City are concerned the point is a rather different one.

Kosich may well be a loud-mouthed timewaster who has exaggerated his importance in doing deals. Totally irrelevant. What he did was pick Norwich out of 92 League clubs and sing its praises as an investment. So far, A GOOD THING.

This “buy Norwich” article gets read in America. America is the world’s largest economy. It has lots of rich people. Some of these rich people are sports fans. On the back of this Kosich (unless he is lying through his teeth, and such a lie would be easily found out) gets some polite very initial (note the “very initial”) inquiries about Norwich. Still so far A GOOD THING.

He contacts McNally and McNally tells him to pass the names on to Deloitte’s. This Kosich does, effectively cutting himself out of the action, since he certainly has no contract with NCFC or, presumably, with Deloitte’s.

So Kosich has got the names of some possible (note the “possible”) investors and instead of keeping them to himself does the selfless thing of handing them over to Deloitte’s to assess. And in doing so effectively excludes himself from the process. Still so far A GOOD THING, at least if he is a timewaster.

In summary, Deloitte’s has some names of possible investors it wouldn’t have had without Kosich’s help. The probability is that nothing will come of any of them. But there is a chance something will. The fact that Kosich may be a timewaster doesn’t mean the potential investors who read his article are also all timewasters.[/quote]thats the bit where you''re wrong, he would obviously ask for hefty agents fees. You think he''s interested in just hooking clubs up with potentil investers cos he''s just a nice guy?

PurpleCanary, you are normally logical in your thought process but, for some reason difficult to comprehend, you are demonstrating a stubborn streak as it relates to Joe Kosich.

Even if one conceeds the points you make viz "still a good thing" then I fail to see how you arrive at a summary that Deloitte would not not have had the names of possible investors without help from Kosich. None of us know that. do we? Indeed, I''m not sure we even know what Kosich handed over to Deloitte.

Bottom line, your point seems to be there is no harm in it and there is a possibility that some good can come of it. We see things differently on this one. Until someone can prove to me otherwise I am going to accept the input from our moderator that Kosich was who he said he was on this forum, and anyone who purports to be a middleman for investors but uses this site to denigrate members of the NCFC Board should not, in my view, be given the time of day.

" uses this site to denigrate members of the NCFC Board should not, in my view, be given the time of day. "

Blimey, that would hit a few trolls hard - in particular the originater of this thread

[quote user="judderman"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]---

---

In summary, Deloitte’s has some names of possible investors it wouldn’t have had without Kosich’s help. The probability is that nothing will come of any of them. But there is a chance something will. The fact that Kosich may be a timewaster doesn’t mean the potential investors who read his article are also all timewasters.[/quote]thats the bit where you''re wrong, he would obviously ask for hefty agents fees. You think he''s interested in just hooking clubs up with potentil investers cos he''s just a nice guy?[/quote]Judderman, please read what I wrote. By passing the names on to Deloitte''s without any kind of contract with NCFC or Deloitte''s he has effectively cut himself out of the process. He can ask for fees from them until he is several shades of purple but without a contract he will get nowhere. Of course he might try to get money out of the investors, but that is another matter and nothing to do with NCFC.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

PurpleCanary, you are normally logical in your thought process but, for some reason difficult to comprehend, you are demonstrating a stubborn streak as it relates to Joe Kosich.

Even if one conceeds the points you make viz "still a good thing" then I fail to see how you arrive at a summary that Deloitte would not not have had the names of possible investors without help from Kosich. None of us know that. do we? Indeed, I''m not sure we even know what Kosich handed over to Deloitte.

Bottom line, your point seems to be there is no harm in it and there is a possibility that some good can come of it. We see things differently on this one. Until someone can prove to me otherwise I am going to accept the input from our moderator that Kosich was who he said he was on this forum, and anyone who purports to be a middleman for investors but uses this site to denigrate members of the NCFC Board should not, in my view, be given the time of day.

[/quote]------

Yankee, it is precisely because I’m being logical

that I’m being stubborn on this! And will continue to be so until someone can

prove two things:

1. That Kosich has done the remotest harm to NCFC as opposed to the obvious

good he has done by raising the club’s profile in the world’s biggest economy.

2. That there is no chance at all (not even the teeniest chance) of his article

having provoked some genuine interest (however slight) from a well-founded potential

investor who otherwise would not have thought about NCFC, even if that interest

never amounts to anything.

As to Kosich slagging off the directors, I am

not a fan of the “he started it” argument, but he had said only nice things

about the club and the directors until McNally slagged off him and the EDP in

that amateurishly inept interview, which was one part illogical, one part

irrelevant and one part plain wrong. McNally, for example, at one point said

Kosich himself was trying to buy the club.

---

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If all this is genuine and you came on here to get fans on side you should have done a little research first. Had you done so you would have realised that by blaming Delia for your cold shoulder would have seen you welcomed with open arms. The fact that you chose McNally to bitch about is the only reason you get little support on here. Do your home work and you''ll find the support is there and you can tap it. That is as long as Morty doesn''t get there first[;)]

[/quote]

Assuming you are still Joe - the Liverpool deal is not one to bring up if you want to win fans over.  Creating a credit facility for the fans to pay back is what fans of clubs want to avoid.  As I said before, give the choice of a philanthropist like Cullum and a capitalist, I''ll take the philanthropist any day of the week.

Exactly as I do this for a living advising investors.  I do not do it gratis.  My function would be the same as it would with Wednesday/C9S.  I am engaged by the investor for a pre-determined fee to advise the client.  It would make no sense for me  to turn over names to Deloitte as I was in exploratory discussions.  That is why I''m hacked off by McNally''s response on the BBC.

Joe Kosich