Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Our problems is on the left

The loss of Drury can''t be emphasised enough, Rose just isn''t Drury,very one footed and can''t read the game very well. his distribution is also very poor. Next to him is Nelson who is an out and out stopper and is and  never will be comfortable on the ball. The number of times we now play from right to left across the back and build from there is nil.

Tuesday we need somebody who can start attacks from the back and can play the ball. Lappin? (possibly lacks the pace) or let''s give Spillane a go. Then introduce Askou or better still Whitbread along side and things will get better IMO and we will become a threat again.

Still top and we will lose games between now and the end of the season. The run we have been on has been terrific but another 30 points from the next 14 games will be good enough.

I as going to start a thread on this, but obviously not in as much details [;)]

Maybe just settle for 3 at the back from the start?

forster

nelson doc askou

smith hughes lappin mcnamee

martin hoolahan holt

??

i agree.

i think rose is good on the ball, he just cant tackle, atall.

we miss drury big time, hes such an influence. Lappin seems to be going backwards, he looks lightweight once again, distribution was poor, he never even started today. id give hughes a start, similar type of player, good distribution and gets things moving. i think he would have changed the game today if he came on, the midfield wasnt there.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

I as going to start a thread on this, but obviously not in as much details [;)]

Maybe just settle for 3 at the back from the start?

forster

nelson doc askou

smith hughes lappin mcnamee

martin hoolahan holt

??

[/quote]

Would Play Tuesday:

Forster

R Martin Askou/Whitbread(whoevers fit) Doc Lappin

Smith Hughes Hoolahan McNamee

Martin Holt

(Hoolahan playing in a free role)

This definately sounds right. Thought Rose and Lappin looked poor today. The whole of are back 4 looked poor today. Slow, clumbsy and they all looked for long aimless balls. Notice that Holt and Hoolahan were doing far to much defending today. I would like to see a 4-4-2 if Hoolahan can handle playing on the wing with Macnamee in for lappin.

Lappin wouldn''t be anywhere near the starting 11 if I had my way, his passing and dead ball delivery have been dreadful just lately, time to give hughes a run in his place.

Holt''s Big Toe

Would Play Tuesday:

Forster

Martin Holt

[

Yeah I could see that happening. still looks like a very strong team and shows the depth in this current squad.!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Holt''s Big Toe

Would Play Tuesday:

Forster

Martin Holt

God here we go - The defeat was the Docs and Nelsons fault!

The Doc looked shaky but still dealt OK with most things. Nelsons passing was poor as usual but he to dealt with most things!

We were poor attacking and the team in general didn''t seem to function how they are meant to and that is like a team!

But for 2 bad refing decisions - Southamptons 1st goal should of been disallowed and Russells ridiculous sending off which gave Southamptn more space to go on and score their 2nd goal and we could very well of drawn the game 0-0 and everyone would of been praising the team for preventing Southampton from winning even though we played poor!

Yeah I could see that happening. still looks like a very strong team and shows the depth in this current squad.!

[/quote]

Lambert said that Drury would be out for a few weeks, its been two already so hopefully he''ll be back some time in March for the final push.

I was thinking, that Drury would have been absolutely useless today.... every time Rose got the ball (or while the ball was on the way to him) Punceon (or the next nearest player) was on him, most of the time, he kicked it away, pretty sharpish, which i thought Drury probably wouldn''t have been able to do.....but yeah i think we need Drury back :D (with Huckerby :P)