Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Does Anyone Else Fear We Have Been Sussed in This League???

Something needs to change because we have seemed poor for weeks. Lappin was awful today IMO. Don''t know what needs to change but something does. However, we deserved to lose today just a shame Rusty was sent off when we seemed to be getting into the game

more. Never a sending off though.

Completley outclassed today. Forget the ref, we were shown up. Rose, smith R Martin, lappin, all poor, even hoolahan IMO looked out of it.

Lambert will get us back on track, hopefully sooner rather than later.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Asoku in for Nelson, Drury in for Rose, Spillane in for Martin, Hughes in for Smith.....all depending on fitness....that would freshen up the team and IMO be our strongest team.[/quote]Hughes in for Lappin not Smith!!

We wern''t good and Southampton were better but completely ourclassed we wern''t!

Our final ball when attacking wasn''t good enough and the ref had an awful game. Southamptons 1st goal should of been disallowed for a push on Nelson and Russells sending off was harsh to say the least!

Southamptons 2nd goal came as a result of being down to 10 men exposing loads of gaps for Southampton to expose and Lambert sacrificing a defender for an attacker in an attempt to get something out of the game!

I reakon the game would of been 0-0 had the ref done his job but yes we were way below our best!

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "]We need to go to 4-4-2 imo. And get rid of Lappin for a few games, he was terrible today[/quote]Oh Lappin was playing today then was he CT?  Can''t say that I really noticed!  [Y][/quote]He was indeed Smudger! In my opinion the midfield on tuesday should be:McNamee Hoolahan Hughes Smith [/quote]Yeah I would agree with that if Russell is suspended... [Y]

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]We need to go to 4-4-2 imo. And get rid of Lappin for a few games, he was terrible today[/quote]

Agree about Lappin, reminds me of Andy Hughes at times the way he seems to give the ball away when under no pressure whatsoever.

[/quote]This is always the sign of a very poor player.We have two of them in the team at the moment... Lappin and Nelson.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]We need to go to 4-4-2 imo.

And get rid of Lappin for a few games, he was terrible today
[/quote]

Agree about Lappin, reminds me of Andy Hughes at times the way he seems to give the ball away when under no pressure whatsoever.

[/quote]

This is always the sign of a very poor player.

We have two of them in the team at the moment... Lappin and Nelson.
[/quote]totally agree Smudger..Lappin was..oh dear and Nelson is a poor league one (hoof it) defender

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Just my opinion, Southampton looked far better and classy even before the ref started his own little game.

Am I the only one having doubts about Korey Smith?

[/quote]Maybe not the only one Arthur, but there are probably fewer than there were a couple of weeks ago.I have no doubts over Korey and think that his workrate is integral to us, especially if we are to continue playing this diamond system.There is an ever growing army of people starting to wish that Lappin''s name was not on Lambert''s teamsheet however.

[quote user="Kent Canary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"]I don''t think anyone came out with much credit today, maybe Hoolahan and Martin, but generally, as a team, the workrate was nowhere near high enough.This result has been coming for a while.I think Lambert will only change Hughes for Russell if his red card isn''t turned over, he will send teh same team out again on Tuesday to redeem themselves.[/quote]If Lambert doesn''t see fit to change a team that has lost two out of it''s last 3 (and let us not forget that it could of quite easily of been 3 out of 3) then I start to wonder if he really is as good a manager as we have all cracked him up to be???[/quote]What? Lambert has taken us from the bottom of the league to the top, we lost and are still three points plus goals clear of second.....you are right, run his useless arse out of Norfolk![/quote]I hardly said lets do that did I?Let us not forget just HOW POOR this league is though! [:^)]I have no doubts whatsoever that anybody I know with the first clue of how to organise a football team would of raised us from where we were and had us pushing for promotion in this excuse for a competitive league! [:#]

Lappin was outstanding at Brighton but wasn''t good today but things need to be put into perspective!

Holt was poor at Brighton last week and wasn''t much better today but are we going to drop him, NO don''t think so!

Maybe one or two need changing, but we were underperforming as a team not just one or two individuals.

But for me the biggest underperformer was the ref who should of disallowed the 1st goal and not sent of Russell, two incidents that played a big part in us losing!

To be fair on our boys, Southampton will storm this league next season when they start on a level playing field, they''ve got so much fincancial clout and spent it wisely.

[quote user="Oli Oli Oli Oli"]

i disagree, i dont think we have been sussed out atall to be honest with you, several reasons:

Wes hoolahan was still as influencial as ever, he was the only player working for us today.

lappin was non existant today, and as for michael nelson, heading is as far as his talents go, he cant pass and his positional play is disasterous.

stephen hughes insted of lappin will up distribution, and spillane or a fit again askou should sure up the defence.

theres no need to change the whole lay out of the squad, the diamond works.

[/quote]I think you are spot on here Oli... [Y]Although it would be nice to have the players to give us the options of reverting to other formations successfully.  I am not really confident that we have the players to do that and also believe that it is a few slight tweaks to the personnel rather than the formation that is required at the moment.

[quote user="Lambo"]To be fair on our boys, Southampton will storm this league next season when they start on a level playing field, they''ve got so much fincancial clout and spent it wisely.[/quote]I believe they will too Lambo... [Y]They however will still have their eyes on the play-offs for this season.  It''s a big ask I know, but surely it is not impossible for them just yet is it???

I honestly think Southampton are the most classy team we have played this season, and believe next year they will storm the league if they keep the team together, which they should do with the financial backing they have. Heard a rumour Pardew may be getting the sack the other day though.

We haven''t been playing well really this calendar year (apart from Col) but have got 21 points out of 27

This year Leeds have got 7 points out of a possible 24

Colchester have got 17 out of a possible 27

Charlton have got 12 out of a possible 24

Swindon have got 18 out of a possible 24

Huddersfield have got 16 out of a possible 24

So basically we are playing our worst football since Lambert took over but are doing better than all the other teams in the top 6 over the last 8 or 9 games.

I don''t think it''s quite time for Lambert out demos. just yet.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Lambo"]To be fair on our boys, Southampton will storm this league next season when they start on a level playing field, they''ve got so much fincancial clout and spent it wisely.[/quote]I believe they will too Lambo... [Y]They however will still have their eyes on the play-offs for this season.  It''s a big ask I know, but surely it is not impossible for them just yet is it???[/quote]

I hope so, got a lot of time for S''oton, think there''s a great mutual respect between us n them as fans from what I''ve read on 606.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I said it after we played them and I will say it again now.....watch out for Swindon Town....my outside bet to make a late surge for the top 2 places.[/quote]I think it is starting to look like a five ho9rse race for them top two spots now Arthur.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I said it after we played them and I will say it again now.....watch out for Swindon Town....my outside bet to make a late surge for the top 2 places.[/quote]

I agree. Looking at the form this year I posted above their form this year is identical to ours if they win their next game.

It''s Leeds that should be nervous...

Right now I''m having a horrible feeling we''re gonna be playing Col Who in the play offs...

[quote user="Penfold"]No. I maintain we haven''t been the same since we changed our full-backs. The diamond requires a lot of quality from the full-backs and I don''t think we''re getting it.

Our dip in form also coincided with the loss of Askou, although I''m not entirely sure that''s to blame.

[/quote]

But add Drury to Askou and the left wing play of Drury (useful when playing the diamond).........

[quote user="Penfold"]No. I maintain we haven''t been the same since we changed our full-backs. The diamond requires a lot of quality from the full-backs and I don''t think we''re getting it.[/quote]Absolutely agree, that''s one of the major reasons for our poor form IMO. We have looked poor since Drury has been out, I''m not sure that it''s a coincidence.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Lappin was outstanding at Brighton but wasn''t good today but things need to be put into perspective!

Holt was poor at Brighton last week and wasn''t much better today but are we going to drop him, NO don''t think so!

Maybe one or two need changing, but we were underperforming as a team not just one or two individuals.

But for me the biggest underperformer was the ref who should of disallowed the 1st goal and not sent of Russell, two incidents that played a big part in us losing!

[/quote]Was he? I didn''t think so [^o)]