Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Does Anyone Else Fear We Have Been Sussed in This League???

After scarping wins which could easily have been defeats, against the likes of Exeter, Hatlepool, Walsall, Millwall, and Brighton{ Brighton the only one I didnt go to} and losing to Millwall and now Southampton, does anyone else think our tactics have been sussed in this league?

Exeter and especially Hartlepool { where we were time wasting at the end -time wasting at home to Hartlepool?}showed we could be broken down. the better teams, Soton, and Millwall gave us nothing but scraps. Lets be honest, we had 1 decent shot at Millwall - the goal, and today, nothing till it was too late.

Im worried teams have worked out how to break us down, to be honest southampton ripped us to bits today, fair enough they are a good side, but a tad worrying we couldnt muster much in the way of chances.

Am I the only one getting fed up with korey Smith grabbing the ball, looking like hes going to bound forward, only for him to stop, turn around and pass backwards? Why are we pumping so many high balls? Why are we crossing when nobodys in the box?

Hopefully this will kick the lads into gear, and we will go out guns blazing against Southend, but its clear teams have found our weakness. Time to ring the changes before we go stale.

I trust Lambert to sort this out, im never one to sit on the fence and will openly admit I feel we have been crap for the last 6-8 games and have had this coming. Southampton taught us a lesson today, we have become predictable.

OTBC

On this point, I agree entirely with Arthur Whittle. I am also tired of seeing:Michael Rose play everything first-timeWes Hoolahan trying to take every free kick within 0.3 seconds of it being awardedGrant Holt in the right back position taking free kicks which he should be getting on the end ofMichael Nelson kicking it into the crowdRussell Martin''s "double teapot" stance

Leeds fans are saying exactly the same thing. Its strange how two teams who have been absolutely dominant in parts of this season can suddenly look so poor. Fingers crossed that with three easy games this can be rectified before the tough stretch. I cant say I know the solution, but this is where Lambert has to prove his managerial prowess. Incidentally on Waccoe people, are calling for Graysons head. Im glad our fans arent that bad!

I know we have to scrap some wins, but come on, you have to admit, despite leading the table, we have looked dire lately.

They need a good kick up the harris to get them back on form, and I believe and hope Lambert will do so!!!

I don''t think anyone came out with much credit today, maybe Hoolahan and Martin, but generally, as a team, the workrate was nowhere near high enough.This result has been coming for a while.I think Lambert will only change Hughes for Russell if his red card isn''t turned over, he will send teh same team out again on Tuesday to redeem themselves.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

After scarping wins which could easily have been defeats, against the likes of Exeter, Hatlepool, Walsall, Millwall, and Brighton{ Brighton the only one I didnt go to} and losing to Millwall and now Southampton, does anyone else think our tactics have been sussed in this league?

Exeter and especially Hartlepool { where we were time wasting at the end -time wasting at home to Hartlepool?}showed we could be broken down. the better teams, Soton, and Millwall gave us nothing but scraps. Lets be honest, we had 1 decent shot at Millwall - the goal, and today, nothing till it was too late.

Im worried teams have worked out how to break us down, to be honest southampton ripped us to bits today, fair enough they are a good side, but a tad worrying we couldnt muster much in the way of chances.

Am I the only one getting fed up with korey Smith grabbing the ball, looking like hes going to bound forward, only for him to stop, turn around and pass backwards? Why are we pumping so many high balls? Why are we crossing when nobodys in the box?

Hopefully this will kick the lads into gear, and we will go out guns blazing against Southend, but its clear teams have found our weakness. Time to ring the changes before we go stale.

I trust Lambert to sort this out, im never one to sit on the fence and will openly admit I feel we have been crap for the last 6-8 games and have had this coming. Southampton taught us a lesson today, we have become predictable.

OTBC

[/quote]No, we need some fresh legs and Drury back, but I have faith with a system that has seen us go from the bottom to the top of the table.I would like to see Hughes given a run (but Lambert is God so his decisions are right).OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

I disagree.

We have not becoe predictable the players have not performed as well as they where. It will come back soon and we will go on another run.

No. I maintain we haven''t been the same since we changed our full-backs. The diamond requires a lot of quality from the full-backs and I don''t think we''re getting it.Our dip in form also coincided with the loss of Askou, although I''m not entirely sure that''s to blame.

[quote user="morty"]
This result has been coming for a while.

[/quote]

Of course it has, surely nobody expected us to go the season unbeaten at home (ignoring colwho on opening day)

Asoku in for Nelson, Drury in for Rose, Spillane in for Martin, Hughes in for Smith.....all depending on fitness....that would freshen up the team and IMO be our strongest team.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]We need to go to 4-4-2 imo. And get rid of Lappin for a few games, he was terrible today[/quote]Oh Lappin was playing today then was he CT?  Can''t say that I really noticed!  [Y]

The point about the full backs is a good one. If they don''t get forward then the diamond doesn''t work. Rose looks as though he has League One written all over him, as does Martin if you ask me.

I thought we looked jaded throughout the team today. I might be tempted by 4-4-2 against Southend, to freshen things up more than anything:

Spillane - Doc - Askou - Rose (assuming fitness of Spillane and Askou)

Smith - Hughes - Russell/Lappin (depending on whether Rusty''s red is rescinded) - McNamee

Hoolahan - Holt

OTBC

[/quote]Well, I can certainly see where you''re coming from BUT1) A win is a win and even the top 4 in the Prem sometimes scrape a 1-0 win and no one ever really asks questions (Chelsea even only drew against Hull the other week).2) Our "just" victories were without Holt for some of them.3) Millwall are perhaps a better team than their league position suggests. The last time they had lost a game was against Norwich (Boxing Day). They even drew against Soton at home AND we were without Holt against Millwall.4) Every team has a duff result or two.5) But perhaps there is a need to change things a bit every now & then to catch the opposition out.

[quote user="morty"]I don''t think anyone came out with much credit today, maybe Hoolahan and Martin, but generally, as a team, the workrate was nowhere near high enough.This result has been coming for a while.I think Lambert will only change Hughes for Russell if his red card isn''t turned over, he will send teh same team out again on Tuesday to redeem themselves.[/quote]If Lambert doesn''t see fit to change a team that has lost two out of it''s last 3 (and let us not forget that it could of quite easily of been 3 out of 3) then I start to wonder if he really is as good a manager as we have all cracked him up to be???

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]We need to go to 4-4-2 imo.

And get rid of Lappin for a few games, he was terrible today
[/quote]

Agree about Lappin, reminds me of Andy Hughes at times the way he seems to give the ball away when under no pressure whatsoever.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"]I don''t think anyone came out with much credit today, maybe Hoolahan and Martin, but generally, as a team, the workrate was nowhere near high enough.This result has been coming for a while.I think Lambert will only change Hughes for Russell if his red card isn''t turned over, he will send teh same team out again on Tuesday to redeem themselves.[/quote]If Lambert doesn''t see fit to change a team that has lost two out of it''s last 3 (and let us not forget that it could of quite easily of been 3 out of 3) then I start to wonder if he really is as good a manager as we have all cracked him up to be???[/quote]Oh my god, you''re right, Lambert out!

Anyone else think korey Smith should be dropped? Hes becoming a bit like a crab, only passing sideways and backwards, he grabs the ball, the crowd get a buzz somethings going to happen, then he puts his foot on the ball turns and passes it backwards or sideways.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "]We need to go to 4-4-2 imo. And get rid of Lappin for a few games, he was terrible today[/quote]Oh Lappin was playing today then was he CT?  Can''t say that I really noticed!  [Y][/quote]He was indeed Smudger! In my opinion the midfield on tuesday should be:McNamee Hoolahan Hughes Smith

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Anyone else think korey Smith should be dropped? Hes becoming a bit like a crab, only passing sideways and backwards, he grabs the ball, the crowd get a buzz somethings going to happen, then he puts his foot on the ball turns and passes it backwards or sideways.[/quote]In terms of form, I''d drop Lappin before I dropped Smith.  I think he might be tired though, he looked knackered after 60 minutes today.  It''s disappointing that Adeyemi''s gone off the radar as he''d be a good swap, young and energetic and skillful too.

Lappin and Smith both need to be dropped, whether they are tired, or had a drop in form, somethings gone wrong. Dropping them might give them the kick up the arse they need.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"]I don''t think anyone came out with much credit today, maybe Hoolahan and Martin, but generally, as a team, the workrate was nowhere near high enough.This result has been coming for a while.I think Lambert will only change Hughes for Russell if his red card isn''t turned over, he will send teh same team out again on Tuesday to redeem themselves.[/quote]If Lambert doesn''t see fit to change a team that has lost two out of it''s last 3 (and let us not forget that it could of quite easily of been 3 out of 3) then I start to wonder if he really is as good a manager as we have all cracked him up to be???[/quote]What? Lambert has taken us from the bottom of the league to the top, we lost and are still three points plus goals clear of second.....you are right, run his useless arse out of Norfolk!

i disagree, i dont think we have been sussed out atall to be honest with you, several reasons:

Wes hoolahan was still as influencial as ever, he was the only player working for us today.

lappin was non existant today, and as for michael nelson, heading is as far as his talents go, he cant pass and his positional play is disasterous.

stephen hughes insted of lappin will up distribution, and spillane or a fit again askou should sure up the defence.

theres no need to change the whole lay out of the squad, the diamond works.

Disagree with that about the ref. good or bad, and yes he was bad, Southampton pulled us to pieces today.

I have concerns over the following.....

Korey Smith

Matthew Rose

Simon Lappin

Michael Nelson