Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo_Jet_Set

Why is Rose getting so much stick?

Having read  many of the posts on here this evening I''ve noticed that Michael Rose has been getting quite a lot of flak.  Now I know that he is not in the same class as Drury but I''m not entirely sure what he has done wrong to suddenly become the centre of so much criticism.  Is it because his arrival has coincided with a slump in our form? Is it  because he is trying to replace a very good player in Drury? I''m not necessarily defending the guy but I would be genuinely interested to know what others think

For what it''s worth I don''t think he is that bad. His defending is solid and makes an effort to support attacks when he can.  He gets little or no support from ,the massively overrated, Lappin either defensively or offensively. There are far weaker players in our side than him and I think much of the criticism directed towards him is due to the need for an easy scapegoat

So you''re not defending him but...

his defending is solid

he makes an effort to support attacks

he gets little or no support from lappin

LOL

Aree with a lot of what you say JJS but I think the problem is he''s having to step into the boots of Drury who has been extremely solid all season. Lappin leaves Rose exposed at times and Rose is still adapting to the system we play. He needs to get forward a lot more and put better balls into the box. He''s certainly not the worst player in our back four.

he gives the ball away abit but he does need help from the midfeilders otherwise he just keeps booting it away everytime

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]So you''re not defending him but... his defending is solid he makes an effort to support attacks he gets little or no support from lappin LOL[/quote]

Yeah suppose I am defending him. I thought he was no worse today than many of the others on show. I''m prepared to be convinced otherwise though :)

Football is of course about opinions and I think I am right in saying I dont usually criticise any of our players, however as a defender he has got to be the worse left back I have seen at this club for a long while. Now in fairness it may just be he has had 3 bad games and is a very good player.

This is not a one off please look at the threads since the first game he played and you will see that his player ratings from fans have been 3 - 5 all the time.

Personally I just pray Drury will be back for March.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Looked out of his depth today I thought, out of position, beaten numerous times by Puncheon and gave the ball away countless times.[/quote]

Puncheon was the best player on the pitch today and would have troubled better players than Rose. As for giving the ball away- who didn''t today?

Lambert has been clever in loaning rose. If we are promoted he''ll be bye bye back to stockport. I think he''s all right in this league though.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Football is of course about opinions and I think I am right in saying I dont usually criticise any of our players, however as a defender he has got to be the worse left back I have seen at this club for a long while. Now in fairness it may just be he has had 3 bad games and is a very good player. This is not a one off please look at the threads since the first game he played and you will see that his player ratings from fans have been 3 - 5 all the time. Personally I just pray Drury will be back for March.[/quote]

You say he is the worst left back you''ve seen but what specifically is the problem?

Hmmmm, I would say his passing is poor, his positioning is up for debate {I noticed Holt on many occasions telling him to go and mark so and so}. good throw in, but needs to start showing a bit more of himself.

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]

Having read  many of the posts on here this evening I''ve noticed that Michael Rose has been getting quite a lot of flak.  Now I know that he is not in the same class as Drury but I''m not entirely sure what he has done wrong to suddenly become the centre of so much criticism.  Is it because his arrival has coincided with a slump in our form? Is it  because he is trying to replace a very good player in Drury? I''m not necessarily defending the guy but I would be genuinely interested to know what others think

For what it''s worth I don''t think he is that bad. His defending is solid and makes an effort to support attacks when he can.  He gets little or no support from ,the massively overrated, Lappin either defensively or offensively. There are far weaker players in our side than him and I think much of the criticism directed towards him is due to the need for an easy scapegoat

[/quote]Rose isx a target....he is playing well! Lambert will see that! and i would be surprised if drury gets str8  back in!

[quote user="woody11"]

he gives the ball away abit but he does need help from the midfeilders otherwise he just keeps booting it away everytime

[/quote]OT I know, but may I say those facebook groups are pathetic and not funny. What do you get out of making a group? You think you''re cool because people join a group you made? Well done. [Y]

What do you expect when signing someone from Stockport/

Rose is adequate at this level but has his limitations like many players at this level!

The team as a whole wern''t in top form today against the Saints although the ref wasn''t fair with us!

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Football is of course about opinions and I think I am right in saying I dont usually criticise any of our players, however as a defender he has got to be the worse left back I have seen at this club for a long while. Now in fairness it may just be he has had 3 bad games and is a very good player. This is not a one off please look at the threads since the first game he played and you will see that his player ratings from fans have been 3 - 5 all the time. Personally I just pray Drury will be back for March.[/quote]

You say he is the worst left back you''ve seen but what specifically is the problem?

[/quote]

As I said I cannot remember ever critecising a player on here before - I usually prefer to keep out of the discussion and thought maybe I was being harsh. I have however just seen a few clips on the FL show and was embarresed at his defending. These were not isolated incidents today he was torn apart. The same applies at Miilwall and Brighton.

I do however hope that this is just a settleing in period but I fear not.

It is easier for many to criticise Rose than to place any blame on Lappin.

As for the guy who claims he is our worst left back, has he forgotten Patrick Boyle already???

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]

[/quote]

Rose isx a target....he is playing well! Lambert will see that! and i would be surprised if drury gets str8  back in!
[/quote]

I hope you are not serious. Rose has been poor every game ( I have seen him away as well) and Drury was excellent every game he has played