Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

What is out best 4 man Defence?

obviously the GK is forster.

from right to left

The current right backs at the club are Russell Martin and Micky Spillane, and I would say that MS is the better Right Back.

The 2 middle men can be picked from any one of 4 - The Doc, Zac W, Lord Nelson, and JB Askou.

At the current time I think  it is the doc with another.

Finally left back must be Drury. Rose is not even close to drury in reading the game, tackling basically every other area of the game.

so our back four should be (when all fit)

forster

spillane Doc _____ Drury

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

obviously the GK is forster.

from right to left

The current right backs at the club are Russell Martin and Micky Spillane, and I would say that MS is the better Right Back.

The 2 middle men can be picked from any one of 4 - The Doc, Zac W, Lord Nelson, and JB Askou.

At the current time I think  it is the doc with another.

Finally left back must be Drury. Rose is not even close to drury in reading the game, tackling basically every other area of the game.

so our back four should be (when all fit)

forster

spillane Doc _____ Drury

[/quote]I agree with you, with Ashou filling the gap.

If we get to the Championship, the centre back pairing should definitely be Whitbread and Askou.

I''m pleased with Doherty''s performances in this league but I think he is one of the players that it could be said of has "found his level."

He has shown time and time again that he can''t cope with Championship defenders. If we go up, Doherty deserves a chance to show he''s learnt this season but I can''t see it happening and he will be out.

Spillane will no doubt end up inkuring himself again so I would say

Drury - Whitbread - Askou - R. Martin

Spillane keeps showing glimpses of how good he can be and if he keeps fit he may go ahead of Russell Martin but I don''t think Russell Martin is doing a lot wrong at the moment.

Spillane - Askou - Whitbread - Drury

Like someone said Doherty has found his level.  Spillane in my opinion is a much better right back than R.Martin.  Askou I''m definately sure could do well in the Championship, and we all know Drury can.[Y]