Sign in to follow this  
walks on water

Did anyone else notice right from the off...

the Ref was blowing up for fouls on Norwich players immediately. Whereas he noticeably played advantage when Southampton were fouled in promising positions? (Thought that was a bit off; way before he handed victory to the Saints by undeservingly making us play with ten men)

Too easy to blame the ref, other than maybe the red card, which I am still undecided about to be honest.We didn''t work hard enough and were beaten by a better team.And we probably wouldn''t have had complaint if we had scored from one of the free kicks we had been given.Overall, I have seen worse refs at Carrow road this season.

no, i remember more advantages being played for us...one noticabley, was when Macnamee, had the ball, was fouled carried on, ran into a defender and the ref blew up, everyone around me started moaning saying he should have played advantage...HE RAN INTO A DEFENDER not much of an advantage....i thought the ref was fair, not sure about Russell sending off, but it was probably deserved.....we were poor, not the Ref

[quote user="pennywise "]i noticed he let at least 4 southampton hand balls go [:@][/quote]what?he gave 3/4 free-kicks for hand ball, i don''t think refs normally do at all, he even booked Rhadi for one....

[quote user="walks on water"]the Ref was blowing up for fouls on Norwich players immediately. Whereas he noticeably played advantage when Southampton were fouled in promising positions? (Thought that was a bit off; way before he handed victory to the Saints by undeservingly making us play with ten men)[/quote]

Seen some poor refs this season but this was the worst. He let loads of stuff go in the first half and by the end of  the game was carding everything that moved, we cant blame him for the result though, we didnt deserve to get anything out of the game.

Right from the off we were slower in all aspects of the game and had an additional problem of defending facing a low sun.....we must have LOST the toss to do this?!

Southampton are chasing a play off place, when we were chasing we played better than now we are top and switching off.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="walks on water"]the Ref was blowing up for fouls on Norwich players immediately. Whereas he noticeably played advantage when Southampton were fouled in promising positions? (Thought that was a bit off; way before he handed victory to the Saints by undeservingly making us play with ten men)[/quote]

Seen some poor refs this season but this was the worst. He let loads of stuff go in the first half and by the end of  the game was carding everything that moved, we cant blame him for the result though, we didnt deserve to get anything out of the game.

[/quote]i do agree he was a very poor ref, we were also poor tho....but the 1st goal a clear push on Nelson and the sending off sealed our fate...im not saying we would of won the game but 11 against 11 we have a much better chance of getting something from the game, the second goal came because we were chasing an equaliser with 10 men, these things happen....BACK TO WINNING WAYS TUESDAY and a very possible 9 points from our next 3 games

[quote user="Never Blue"]I thought they were better than us and deserved to win........ simples![/quote]Same. However if Rusty didn''t get sent off, we could have easily took a point. But it didn''t happen and we just gotta look towards Tuesday and make sure we take 3 points off a pretty poor side at the moment.

Southampton  were better than us without any doubt whatsoever but that ref was terrible and two big decisions he got wrong cost us a point at least!

Their 1st goal was illegal as Nelson was pushed, this from the very same ref who was the man in the middle for our 0-0 draw against Walsall earlier this season when he disallowed a Nelson goal for an infringement that he was the only person to see!

Russells red card was bolloc*s cause the Southampton player came in on his blind side and more or less ran into his outstretched leg!

Our below par performance shouldn''t excuse the ref  for his terrible performance cause those two decisions killed the game for Norwich, a game where yes we''d of been lucky to of gotton a draw from givenhow Southampton were playing! 

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Right from the off we were slower in all aspects of the game and had an additional problem of defending facing a low sun.....we must have LOST the toss to do this?!

Southampton are chasing a play off place, when we were chasing we played better than now we are top and switching off.[/quote]

As we kicked off in the first half, we lost the toss and thus Southampton decided to make us defend the Barclay in the first half so that the sun was shining in our eyes.

Somebody posted on another site that the when he was at Col u , the ref in question angered Lambert to the point where he ended up in trouble with the FA . The ref certainly didnt do us an favours yesterday and the only other game we have failed to score this season was at home to Walsall even though we had a good goal disallowed , and the ref that day ? yes you''ve guessed it .

Did anyone else notice right from the off....

That we looked off the pace and that Southampton were the better side. I don''t agree the refs decision but I honestly dont think it would have changed the outcome of the game. We were well beaten. But I think we can bounce back from this and go on another run.

[quote user="Yarmyed"]

Did anyone else notice right from the off....

That we looked off the pace and that Southampton were the better side. I don''t agree the refs decision but I honestly dont think it would have changed the outcome of the game. We were well beaten. But I think we can bounce back from this and go on another run.

[/quote]

honesty at last.. yes, they were far better than us.

I noticed he blew up several times when they had a clear advantage. I also believe he missed a stonewall penalty for them

Believe they were as annoyed with the ref as much as us. He was as dire for them as much as he was for us.

I certainly agree with you, grantroederdisaster, about their first goal - it shouldn''t have stood, and I''m surprised that more haven''t mentioned the very obvious (to all in the Barclay) push on Nelson who was about to clear.

That we were beaten by the better side isn''t really in doubt, but it is fair to say that several of their clearer chances were when we were chasing the game and down to ten men. For all their good play, Forster had very few saves to make, and the sending off came at a crucial time as we were just getting into our stride.

As ever, games can hinge on a few key moments and we were on the wrong end of several yesterday, but c''est la vie we have a good opportunity to put it right on Tuesday.