Sign in to follow this  
walks on water

Can't stand Pardew, but

Yeah Semi played an alright game, though chances on him having a shocker at any given random moment remain high lol.Maybe it suits him playing in a 4-4-2 than it did playing in the diamond though? He didn''t get forward very much yesterday, maybe he''s on orders to keep it simple.

Southampton reminded me of Wimbledon in their prime (!!!)

You can''t knock it if it works but I am still of the opinion that we lost the game rather Saints winning it. fair enough I''m wearing my yellow and green specs!

[quote user="morty"]Yeah Semi played an alright game, though chances on him having a shocker at any given random moment remain high lol.

Maybe it suits him playing in a 4-4-2 than it did playing in the diamond though? He didn''t get forward very much yesterday, maybe he''s on orders to keep it simple.
[/quote]

Is there any other way with Jon ?

I didn''t notice the usual nosebleed yesterday when he did support Sothampton getting forward. Maybe he''s showing just exactly why he made League One''s team of the year for Crewe ?

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Southampton reminded me of Wimbledon in their prime (!!!) You can''t knock it if it works but I am still of the opinion that we lost the game rather Saints winning it. fair enough I''m wearing my yellow and green specs![/quote]

I think that maybe a bit harsh. On the day Saints outplayed us.Notwithstanding our very below par performance I thought they looked a very good side, with no obvious weaknesses.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Southampton reminded me of Wimbledon in their prime (!!!) You can''t knock it if it works but I am still of the opinion that we lost the game rather Saints winning it. fair enough I''m wearing my yellow and green specs![/quote]

Really, I thought Southampton out-passed our midfield yesterday, Don''t remember Wimbledon even needing a midfield. After all they had Vinny Jones!!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I think that maybe a bit harsh. On the day Saints outplayed us.Notwithstanding our very below par performance I thought they looked a very good side, with no obvious weaknesses.

[/quote]Needless to say we hardly put them under the kind of pressure that could expose those weaknesses.I''ve heard their defence can be pretty poor at times, especially when put under any relative pressure when on the ball. It''s also been said that their defence is pretty dire when it comes to combatting pace. Unfortunately we haven''t done either to a standard anywhere near well enough each time we''ve played them this season.Truth is their not a great outfit when it comes to the back line, and

it was up to us to make the most of the particular weaknesses they

had. Irritatingly we looked nothing other than poor, inefficient and

lethargic on the day, and simply couldn''t bring ourselves to compete to

a respctable standard for most of the 90 minutes. Thats why we lost, and we should have done much better, as we dangerously sat back and allowed them to play ''their'' game.Their ''good'' players would be Fonte, Hammond, Lambert, Lallana, Lambert, Barnard and Davis. Otherwise the standard of their squad is scarcely much above average, and when compared to the overall ability of our squad there is most certainly a clear gap in the collective quality of the two sides.If we''d of shut down the right players on the day properly and attacked them like i know we''re capable of i truly have no doubt that we''d of got a result.

[quote user="Yarmyed"]To be fair they absolutely raped us. ;)[/quote]Heheh, well remembered