Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Oh dear, oh dear... (Lee Barnard)

[quote user="newboy"][quote user="Yarmyed"]

I wouldnt change the system just the personel

My ideal team if everyone was fit would be:

Forster, Drury, Whitbread, Askou, Spillane, Smith, Hughes, Hoolahan, Russell, Holt, Martin.

[/quote]

No Doc ! unbelievable. from what i have seen of Whitbread i think he will be a quality player but to pick him ahead of doc based on a couple of sub apperances is nuts.

[/quote]Why unbelieveable?We have seen in little under an hour or so that if we can get him fit and keep him fit then Whitbread has far more to offer the team than the Doc will ever be capable of.

Don''t get me wrong the Doc has been outstanding this season. But for me looking ahead to the long term I think those 11 players could cut it at a higher level. The rest of the squad I am not so sure.

[quote user="Brendo "]In my opinion, any striker in this league would''ve scored both of those.
[/quote]

I agree, they were basically two tap ins. The first thing I thought as soon as those goals went in, dear old Smudger would post a message on here about Barnard. He wasn''t that good. I thought Ricky Lambert got the better of Doc in the air all afternoon which really impressed me.

Nelson, Rose and Rusell Martin were all over the place. Worst I''ve seen us defensively for ages. As soon as they''re all fit, we need to get Spillane, Drury and Whitbread or Jens back in there.

On another note, Saints are still 17 points off the playoffs. They would have to go on one hell of a run to get up there.

[quote user="Brendo "]In my opinion, any striker in this league would''ve scored both of those.
[/quote]

I agree, they were basically two tap ins. The first thing I thought as soon as those goals went in, dear old Smudger would post a message on here about Barnard. He wasn''t that good. I thought Ricky Lambert got the better of Doc in the air all afternoon which really impressed me.

Nelson, Rose and Rusell Martin were all over the place. Worst I''ve seen us defensively for ages. As soon as they''re all fit, we need to get Spillane, Drury and Whitbread or Jens back in there.

On another note, Saints are still 17 points off the playoffs. They would have to go on one hell of a run to get up there.

[/quote]