Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Why the Southend game is so important

All teams have ''a bad spell'' in their season - it''s a fact of life.

Leeds are right now and we are stumbling along too. Charlton have tailed off, and where are the MK Dons who looked such a threat earlier on this season? So, while several are bumbling along the likes Of Col U, Swindon and Huddesfield are closing the gap.

Make no mistake this season is going right to the wire.

It has been a while since we have witnessed the free flowing goal scoring super football, is it due to other teams ''sussing'' the way we play (cracked diamond syndrome), or, just that level of play is not sustainable? Or both?

Having watched in virtual silence us getting deservedly beaten by Southampton yesterday, my worries for the rest of the season are starting to surface.

Our remaining away games at Huddesfield, Swindon and Charlton are starting to look rather daunting, even those at Oldham, Tranmere, Orient and Bristol Rovers will be no walk in the park. Rovers being the only ones who appear not to be fighting relegation, but having just turned Charlton over and having lost 5-0 here will have a point to prove.

We have now got 7 home games remaining, and good results are needed in all of these, if we are to go up.

On paper Leeds and MK Dons should prove to be the toughest test at home, and I''m sure they will both be up for it. Carlisle on the last day will be no pushovers either. That leaves Southend, Yeovil, Stockport County and Gillingham. In my eyes we need maximum points from these games, although as I said no one will roll over.

It is vital we get back to playing well and winning to give us the right mentality for the big games ahead both home and away.

Back to my initial point - starting with a big 3 points against Southend on Tuesday.

Every single game from Tuesday to May 8th is important Wazzock, but we''re in pole position looking down, what a great place to be in February.

[quote user="cityangel"]Every single game from Tuesday to May 8th is important Wazzock, but we''re in pole position looking down, what a great place to be in February.[/quote]The cracks are appearing !!

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="cityangel"]Every single game from Tuesday to May 8th is important Wazzock, but we''re in pole position looking down, what a great place to be in February.[/quote]The cracks are appearing !! [/quote]Lol, funny how you appear just because you won yesterday.You''re not out of the woods yet.[:)]

[quote user="bluemike"]Trust me pal we wont be out of the woods while this prat is in charge ![/quote]Long may he stay then, no offence like.[:)]

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="cityangel"]Every single game from Tuesday to May 8th is important Wazzock, but we''re in pole position looking down, what a great place to be in February.[/quote]The cracks are appearing !!
[/quote]

But it was only one little crack not a continually gigantic one like your club has had all season.

Sort of glad [:@] you won yesterday that will keep him in the job for a bit longer, but you''ll be back in your losing ways away at Scunny on Tuesday.

we are having our blip. 2 losses against millwall and soton is fine if we learn from it as of tuesday. a continued run of predictable football will be a major problem. this is when the lambo bounce should become something more tangible with us offering more than a one team diamond.

[quote user="cityangel"]Every single game from Tuesday to May 8th is important Wazzock, but we''re in pole position looking down, what a great place to be in February.[/quote]

True CA, but I want to be there after May 8th.

[quote user="bluemike"]Trust me pal we wont be out of the woods while this prat is in charge ![/quote]Would that be the Rabid Raver, ''Good''Evans or both?

I was thinking more Keane to be honest, whatever we may think of evans we wouldnt in all probability be around but for him.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Every single game from Tuesday to May 8th is important Wazzock, but we''re in pole position looking down, what a great place to be in February.[/quote]

[/quote]

Me too and I trust in Lambert to get us there.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Me too and I trust in Lambert to get us there.

[/quote]

It is vital that we start playing better to get some wins under our belt to breed the confidence and mental strength we need before the ''big'' games.

I agree and have full confidence in Lambert and his team to make changes and get us back to our winning ways. He''s as passionate about getting us promoted as we all are so won''t let us down.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

All teams have ''a bad spell'' in their season - it''s a fact of life.

Leeds are right now and we are stumbling along too. Charlton have tailed off, and where are the MK Dons who looked such a threat earlier on this season? So, while several are bumbling along the likes Of Col U, Swindon and Huddesfield are closing the gap.

Make no mistake this season is going right to the wire.

It has been a while since we have witnessed the free flowing goal scoring super football, is it due to other teams ''sussing'' the way we play (cracked diamond syndrome), or, just that level of play is not sustainable? Or both?

Having watched in virtual silence us getting deservedly beaten by Southampton yesterday, my worries for the rest of the season are starting to surface.

Our remaining away games at Huddesfield, Swindon and Charlton are starting to look rather daunting, even those at Oldham, Tranmere, Orient and Bristol Rovers will be no walk in the park. Rovers being the only ones who appear not to be fighting relegation, but having just turned Charlton over and having lost 5-0 here will have a point to prove.

We have now got 7 home games remaining, and good results are needed in all of these, if we are to go up.

On paper Leeds and MK Dons should prove to be the toughest test at home, and I''m sure they will both be up for it. Carlisle on the last day will be no pushovers either. That leaves Southend, Yeovil, Stockport County and Gillingham. In my eyes we need maximum points from these games, although as I said no one will roll over.

It is vital we get back to playing well and winning to give us the right mentality for the big games ahead both home and away.

Back to my initial point - starting with a big 3 points against Southend on Tuesday.

[/quote]

Every game is important...........next.