Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

"Wounded animal"

....were Lambert''s words describing our performance yesterday. I''m betting now he will make 2 changes to the team (possibly a third) and much in the way so many posters have asked for (Askou for Nelson, McNamee starting) and we will see a greatly improved performance Tuesday night from a team that will want to prove something to themselves. Whilst it tempts fate, I would not surprised to see lots of goals - 4-0 or 4-1 on the night. This as some posters have suggested will be just the confidence boost for Oldham, Yeovil etc.

Anyone else predict a thumping?

I interpret the phrase wounded animal as Lambert keeping faith with the same players and there being a ''backlash.'' But we shall see when the teamsheet is handed in on Tuesday

Good point Y....but tou can just guess what his team talk will be. I still think he will change the team slightly but this will be one of the  bigger calls he will have had to make this season and he appears more adventurous than previous managers (apart from ludicrously playing players out of their positions like Roeder did). We''ll see when team sheet is posted 7.15 Tuesday

I think Yarmed is right - my interpretation is no changes. To accomodate McNamee op would you drop Hoolahan or would you play Hoolahan upfront and drop one of Holt or Martin?

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

i can see some changes, askou-Nelson   lappin-mcnamee  hughes-rusty(if the ban kicks in str8 away and we are unsuccesful on the appeal)

[/quote]Agree with those 3. Well would prefer Rusty but looks like we''ll be without him. [:(]