Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

Our problem is the fans, we're just too quiet

We''re top of the league and we make no noice hardly all game and when there is theres proberly max 2k fans make any noice, its starting to be embarrising to turn up week in week out and being out sung by the opposition fans. Norwich used to be a very intimidating place because of the fans, it would allways be rocking no matter how poorly or great we''re playing. We need to be more vocal. I just don''t understand why we''ve gone so quiet, too many young kids with there mothers? too many oldies, too many bussiness people, i just really dont understand, We need more atsmosphere. What happend to the chants of "come on you yellows" at every corner? "IoIoIo up the football league we go go..." at every near miss? I think its great we can manage to get 24k pluss people in every week, bt the noice we make its just so dire.rant over, up the football league we go

[quote user="smiley"]We''re top of the league and we make no noice hardly all game and when there is theres proberly max 2k fans make any noice, its starting to be embarrising to turn up week in week out and being out sung by the opposition fans. Norwich used to be a very intimidating place because of the fans, it would allways be rocking no matter how poorly or great we''re playing. We need to be more vocal. I just don''t understand why we''ve gone so quiet, too many young kids with there mothers? too many oldies, too many bussiness people, i just really dont understand, We need more atsmosphere. What happend to the chants of "come on you yellows" at every corner? "IoIoIo up the football league we go go..." at every near miss?

I think its great we can manage to get 24k pluss people in every week, bt the noice we make its just so dire.

rant over, up the football league we go
[/quote]

What sanctimonious rubbish. It''s the players that run over that white line, not the supporters. Whenever we win at home there''s never a problem, is there? 

Ive noticed we have become quiet recently. The odd chant of "we are top of the league" here and there, but we seem to be turning up to games expecting us to roll over teams....they need our support and I have to admit lately they havent been getting it, perhaps we have got a bit above our station and dont feel we need to make the same effort that backed the teams surge to the top.

You may not believe ths but at the game i get behind the team 100% untill the whistle goes. Its only after coming home after the match and maybe a few wee drams i go on a rant.

[quote user="smiley"]We''re top of the league and we make no noice hardly all game and when there is theres proberly max 2k fans make any noice, its starting to be embarrising to turn up week in week out and being out sung by the opposition fans. Norwich used to be a very intimidating place because of the fans, it would allways be rocking no matter how poorly or great we''re playing. We need to be more vocal. I just don''t understand why we''ve gone so quiet, too many young kids with there mothers? too many oldies, too many bussiness people, i just really dont understand, We need more atsmosphere. What happend to the chants of "come on you yellows" at every corner? "IoIoIo up the football league we go go..." at every near miss? I think its great we can manage to get 24k pluss people in every week, bt the noice we make its just so dire.rant over, up the football league we go[/quote]Been a super member this year so have experienced quite a bit of the lower Barclay and Snakepit. It seems that the atmosphere has been neutered in the Barclay for whatever reason. Apart from block E and parts of block D its very quiet when things are not going our way. If you try and start singing you are almost frowned upon ... maybe thats the problem ???

Totally agree LinkNR9. I just wait for someone to come on this board and criticise the crowd. What absolute bo11iks.

The atmosphere is a partnership between players and supporters. I have lost count of the away games I have been to. Visiting big and small clubs and I can assure you they are no different to us..... Oh yes there is one difference, the marvellous loyalty shown by our supporters.

There maybe some good and interesting points to raise during the course of this season but the Carra crowd isn''t one of them.

That''s my rant over

To be perfectly honest Norwich fans are the softest bunch I''ve ever experienced. I''ve been to quite a few away games this season and, well if you sit in someone elses seat you''ve crossed a line let alone try and have a bit of banter! The fans have been great (in numbers) home and away this season but as for atmosphere, original chants and typical laddish football fan behaviour they are a tad tame to say the least. Whatever happened to going to the football to let off a bit of steam after the working week?!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Totally agree LinkNR9. I just wait for someone to come on this board and criticise the crowd. What absolute bo11iks.

The atmosphere is a partnership between players and supporters. I have lost count of the away games I have been to. Visiting big and small clubs and I can assure you they are no different to us..... Oh yes there is one difference, the marvellous loyalty shown by our supporters.

There maybe some good and interesting points to raise during the course of this season but the Carra crowd isn''t one of them.

That''s my rant over[/quote]I think your wrong.The atmosphere this season at home aside from the Charlton game has been poor imo. I sit all over the ground and the Barclay and Snakepit especially are definately more muted than in previous seasons.I also don''t buy this "its up to the players on the pitch to get the fans going" line completely either as we have beaten nearly all the teams at CR this season and the atmosphere has been poor.I beleive it''s a combination of the dire football we have had over the last few seasons where there was also  discontentment with the managers and board, fans were jarred off in general with the state of the club. This has a muting effect on the crowd particularly the SP and Barclay so much so that it has now become the norm to not really make much noise anymore (fans have got out of the habit of singing if that makes any sense?).Plus although we win many games at home they are generally speaking easy routine wins, there is no excitement or egging your team on as they walk over most teams. Plus the away teams don''t bring many fans as well which has a big effect.Wait till Leeds till up in March with 2000 noisey fans and i think the atmosphere will be much improved. This is one of the main reasons i want to get out of this league so that there is more excitement and atmosphere at the games as most games will be against better clubs.

Just one thing I would like to say.

i know we all have a bit of banter with fans and that, where I was sitting there was a w/nker sign every 5 seconds. Now would all these fans giving it the old do da signal to away fans do so to their face? And what would happen if they turned round and stuck one on you? They would be branded a hooligan and banned for at least 3 years, while all you get is a black eye and some compensation.

Does anyone see what im getting at? People are quick to condemn football hooligans yet the majority of fans at Carrow road and around the country incite opposition fans every single game.

say you were not at football and someone called you a w/nker to your face in the street, what would your reaction be?

Just a thought, for those who condemn football hooliganism.

Football hooliganism is often a very planned, pre-empted act carried out by people from all walks of life. Calling someone a w a n k e r and getting a slap round the chops for it is not football hooliganism.

There was next to no atmosphere for most of the game today but not sure thats the reason as to why the team were so poor, the fans still need something out there on the pitch to feed off, it wasn''t as if the crowd were getting on the players backs.

Thats what im saying salford. At matches abuse is given out constantly yet those who carry out acts of violence at games at deemed hooligans and those inciting hate with threats and abuse are just fans having a bit of banter.

Yeah because often the fans that have prearranged fights aren''t there for the football. I don''t really have a problem with football hooligans providing they fight away from the ground and keep the fighting between themselves. An organised brawl is far better than a bunch of louts looking for a fight on a night out to my mind. Nor do I have a problem with all the stick between home and away fans (although most of it is boring and unoriginal) but again, I''d far rather football be a place to vent this pent up anger rather than all being on our best behaviour. If any of that makes sense!!

i completely agree with ya. The crowd was absoulute disgrace today. There was times when i sat there and could have fallen asleep. I go to nearly all the away games and i can garentee u that even these small grounds that we visit have a more lively atmosphere then what we do at the carra. This is our championship chasin season and all i want to stand up and sing today was "top of the league...and we still dont sing". RANT OVER

My point is Salford.....

fair enough violence is mainly away from stadiums, and these days trust me its no more than handbags......what im saying is you get fans abusing away fans, with wnkers, cmon cnts, etc inside the stadium, but if anything were to happen to them outside the groud they would go running straight to the plod....do you see what im getting at...its hard to explain my point really.

[quote user="Granty"]i completely agree with ya. The crowd was absoulute disgrace today. There was times when i sat there and could have fallen asleep. I go to nearly all the away games and i can garentee u that even these small grounds that we visit have a more lively atmosphere then what we do at the carra. [/quote]

Because the biscuit chasers in the Morgue stand and the River End make no noise.

In addition  the Jarrold stand has many opera goers who don''t make any noise either!

yeah i know what u mean arthur. a lot of fans are all mouth and no trousers but that''s how this "1984" world has led people to be.

There are a couple of factors as to why the atmosphere has been abit dull, the first is that its often the away fans that get the barclay and snake pit wound up, so its a bit hard for this to happen when only 800 or so turn up and dont ''interact'' with the home fans. Its also a whole new set of teams that we dont really have a history with so its hard to get any noise between the two sets like you against Ipswich, Wolves or Cardiff. The other main factor is the results we have had at home, if we havent been played off the park (Col u and today) we have won comfortably against poor teams, as someone said the atmosphere was good for Charlton and that was down to the fact we clawed back a point and threw ourselves at them. The best atmosphere I have expericed was at Leeds away after holt scored and we were coming at them wave after wave, great noise from the city supporters that night just a shame about the result.

yep i know its very much frowned upon on here to say it, but the noise was poor today again. whatever happened to the whole barclay getting involved? a and b block dont even want to know which makes you wonder why they sit in there. look at millwall last week. had half the fans we get and they made impressive noise, deafening at times infact.anyone thinks today was good atmosphere wise is deluded or hasnt been going long cos it was pathetic. having 5 mins of noise after rusty got s/o is really not even worth mentioning either.

I can''t understand the posts defending the fans today regarding noise. The silence was deafening. Paul Lambert specifically asked the fans for noise, and it was our (the fans) worst and quietest performance of the season. If he could have subbed us at half time he would have. Days like today deserve a Delia rallying but she would only get criticised, best fushspool sporters in the world my arris. When will people accept that turning up in numbers because we want to be there does not equate to good support. We, at the moment, definitely only sing when we''re winning, shame on us and even more shame on those that deny it. It''s like we''re too nervous, admittedly the football on display did not inspire the crowd but I''m a believer that the crowd can inspire the team, it works both ways. The team were poor today and the crowd poorer still. I can hold my hand up to that and I''m a bit miffed that some others can''t or won''t. We expect our managers and players to acknowledge their poor performances with honesty.

Fans were just embarrassing yesterday. No noise at all. What''s happened to the atmosphere at Carrow Road deeply saddens me. The pre-arranged OTBC before kick off is getting embarrassing also as nobody takes part, we get a big build up and then  a quiet mumble of OTBC while the oppositon fans mock the poor effort.

i aggree with everything mentioned before. I was having a good bit of a shout and sing in the first half then as i walked down do get a pint i made a few more, shall we say schoolyard hand gestures and to my surprise was scalded by some copper. It would seem to be illegal now. Football generally is being ruined by ponsey supporters, millitant police and im sorry, women. the barclay E block is the place to sit but even that is no comparison to that weatherspoons in colchester with a few hundred of us....

Anyone been to Elland Road for a league game this season?

They only get ''up for it'' on the very odd occasion.

For god''s sake stop this self flagilation

As has been said before when this subject has come up, it''s a two way street. Just as players get a lift from passion in the stands, so the more reticent fans get a lift form passion on the field. Yesterday there was very little of that, apart from the first ten minutes and a short spell in the second half. I can never be quiet at a game, but the newer generation of fans don''t have a terrace mentality hotwired into them and need something to get them going.

We lost yesterday because the players underperformed and Saints were much better on the day, not because the fans were quiet.

City fans are no better and no worse than any other clubs fans.

This criticism has popped up regularly.

Look at other clubs boards and guess what?

Yep, youll see regular criticism of the noise.

Who hasnt heard on a regular basis that away fans outsing Man U fans at Old Trafford, or how quiet it is at the Emirates(and lets not forget Highbury the Library)

Spurs fans are notoriously fickle, Chelsea fans are all Johnny come latelys.

West Ham fans turn on their team.

Portman Road has had no atmosphere for years,

And so on and so on.

All fans are noisy some times and not so noisy at other times.

Just the way people are, we are no different.