Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Whats Happened To Korey Smith???

When Korey Smith burst into the 1st team, he was energetic, full of excitment and flair.

Now when he recieves the ball instead of going forward, he holds the ball up, slows down play, passes the ball sideways or more often than not backwards.

Tired? Out of form? Been found out?

What do you think....discuss.......

Don''t think he''s done much wrong really. Maybe could do with a game or two''s rest but thats it.

It is his first full season in the first team, don''t forget.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

When Korey Smith burst into the 1st team, he was energetic, full of excitment and flair.

Now when he recieves the ball instead of going forward, he holds the ball up, slows down play, passes the ball sideways or more often than not backwards.

[/quote]

None of these. There, discussed!

I do rate him, but I also rated, Chris Lweilyn, Adrian Forbes, Aidy Coote, etc etc and look what happened to them after a bright start. I honestly hope hes just tired, he looked fantastic at some games this season, but he seems to be wilting as the season goes on....can we afford to carry passengers???

Me and Arthur have not exactly got along recently but I agree with him here. Definitely should be rested in my opinion (Rock and Chips was good!!)

LOL. Lets not go down the old rock & Chips road hey LOL.

Glad someone can see where im coming from. I say it as I see it, im not going to be biase about everything Norwich City 24/7 just because I support them. I get fully behind them for the 90+ minutes of the game, and do my ranting before or after lol.

Actually captain Holt, I did watch Rock & Chips again, and it wasnt as bad as my 1st impression, not brilliant, but not as bad as i made out.

back on topic....Korey Smith......

[/quote]

I agree that he has been less of an influence in our midfield of late. The energy just doesn''t seem to be there. I think he needs a rest, he is only a young lad and this is his first full season. The midfield needs a freshen up, I''d like to see Lapin dropped for a game or two as well because I don''t think his performances of late have been anything special.

Don''t get me started on Nelson...lets just hope Askou or Whitbread can get fit soon!

Today''s MOTM drop him now. But not before Lappin, Rose, Nelson. rose could have stopped the first goal. All of them didn''t play football today and they just booted the ball forward. At the end of the day. Lambert is boss.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I agree, hes only a young lad, and has proven what he can do, but think maybe we should rest him, we dont to burn him out.[/quote]

I feel that one of Koreys problems is that he is all over the place and sometimes leaves the RB totally exposed. I would like to see him given a rest and Hughes in his place.

Just saw that new thread Arthur saying why dont we shoot opened it up thinking you would have Roses name in it but it was about shots at goal.

Seriously though with every game now being high pressure I have wondered if Korey might be rested purely to put in somebody with a bit more experience of the situation we are in. Problem is they are all learning about this type of pressure. Personally I think that Lambert never wanted to play a diamond system but realised due to our lack of pace he had no choice. The biggest decision he will have to make is if he feels we are capable of getting results with a 442. His catch 22 is Rose,Mcnamee would be wasted trying to cover for him. Realisticly Tuesday is the first chance Lambert has had to drop anyone for a long time, personally I think he will play same team / formation ( Russell permiting ). His big decisions will be vital if we do not win Tuesday.

Im sure Lambert will ring a few changes tuesday, the teams been looking tired and out of sorts for a while now, but luckily we have scraped wins out of it....wait till we hit top form again...then we will be laughing!!!

gary football "you muppet" yes I was at the game......why resort to name calling when everyone else is having a good honest debate for a change. Theres always someone who drags it down a level.

[quote user="ridgeman"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I agree, hes only a young lad, and has proven what he can do, but think maybe we should rest him, we dont to burn him out.[/quote]

I feel that one of Koreys problems is that he is all over the place and sometimes leaves the RB totally exposed. I would like to see him given a rest and Hughes in his place.

[/quote]

Are we talking about a different Korey Smith? this is the one part of his game that is outstanding.

I fail to see what Korey Smith has done wrong. He had a decent game today and was certainly no worse than anybody else out there.  His game is not about defence splitting passes-he is not a playmaker. His game is based on energy and getting about the pitch.  To my mind he did that just fine today. Infact it was only him and  Hoolahan that threatened to inject any kind of tempo in to our play this afternoon.

If the argument is that we need a different type of player in his position (a more creative player maybe) then you have a case but to criticise a young player for playing his natural game (and playing it pretty well) is unfounded

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Im sure Lambert will ring a few changes tuesday, the teams been looking tired and out of sorts for a while now, but luckily we have scraped wins out of it....wait till we hit top form again...then we will be laughing!!![/quote]

Strangely Arthur I think thats the very reason that there will be no changes on Tuesday - should we under perform on Tuesday then the decisions will have to be made.

Our midfield was out fought, out committed and out passed. Every one of their midfielders was better than ours. It was the area of the pitch that defined the result, not our defence/their attack or our attack their defence.

On that basis I cant see how one can be motm

In support of Korey he was the best of a v weak three, but that does not mean he had a good game.

[/quote]Christ almighty Arthur - he''s 18 and this is his first professional season! I certainly didn''t expect him to be able to keep up his initial form all season.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Christ almighty Arthur - he''s 18 and this is his first professional season! I certainly didn''t expect him to be able to keep up his initial form all season.
[/quote]

Good point IS. People seem to forget that he''s  only 18!