Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

how many ticket's could we sell?

yea i have lot''s of friends that are man u arsenal chelsea etc fans that like norwich as they live there[:S] anymore your be getting people like that going... maybe if they did go and got to feel the atmosphere of a live game and not watching there teams on tv. they would enjoy it and become norwich fans..I blame there perants for not taking them as kids and letting them watch big clubs on tv[;)]

It would be interesting to know how many people the club have on their database. I expect we have about 40k ''proper'' fans who go to games at least once or twice a season. I reckon Bananas estimate was about right.

In our first season in Division 1 in the early 70''s we averaged over 30,000 and pulled in 37,000 for the last game against Palace.  Bearing in mind the huge increase in Norfolk''s population, we ought to be able to match that.  Perhaps the only difference is the price - in those days there were only about 4,000 seats and standing was far more affordable.

I''d say there are far more than 40,000 fans who get to games. I think we could get 40,000 to Carrow Road if the occassion was right this season.. But week in week out I doubt many more than we get currently. Next season will be better I should imagine.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]See how many NCFC fans go to Wemberleee for our play-off final....against Southampton....[/quote]

There were plenty at Cardiff who rarely if ever went to games usually - and I have direct evidence of this because of who I ended up going with!

Would imagine that if Carrow Road was 35,000 capacity, we would average over 30,000 this season. The fact that tickets would be easier to get might very well encourage more people to try.

I think the fact that we have a waiting list for season tickets suggests we could get more people! I think right now we could get maybe 3-4 thousand extra people each week and at a higher level eg sucessful season in Championship in the playoffs we could be up around the 35,000 mark.  I think we would only be able to get more than in the Premire League.