Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Nature of performace very improtant tonight

Recent results and performances have left many fans a little disturbed and anxious. I also think it has left the players feeling the same. We have gone from a team sweeping all in front of us aside to one that’s losing games and struggling to beat weak teams.We all know that blips come and we are all well aware that we are not unbeatable and that we have ridden out luck at times this season. Not a problem you need a good slice of luck to win leagues like this and when you''re up there you always seem to get more breaks than when you not. I do however feel that both fans and players need to see a convincing result to get back the confidence and belief that was bringing those commanding results and that slice of luck that goes hand in hand with winning and playing well.The manager may well change things tonight, however he may leave his tried and tested diamond formation in place. If so we need to see certain players performing at a much higher level than Saturday. Both full back need to bomb on, in this formation it''s a must. Despite his great strike on his debut Rose has shown a distinct lack of desire to push forward regularly and surprisingly enough has highlighted that we are missing Adam Drury as and attacking fullback just as much as we miss his clearly superior defensive qualities. Martin seems keener to push forward but has again got to support more and concentrate at the backWe have seen Wes marked out of game in recent week and this has affected our attacking capabilities greatly. We need however to adapt to this or risk losing the effectiveness of the player altogether. Wes needs to pull his marker around, go stand in unusual places switch from one side of the pitch to the other even stand off side from time to time if needs be. Use the fact that he has a man to man marker to make space elsewhere and ultimately release himself from his grip.Many would say a scrappy 1-0 win to night will do and who a I to argue but I feel we need the feeling that comes from giving some one a much sterner seeing to than that to bring back confidence in the players themselves. They will be as puzzled as us as to why our dominance has wilted. I feel strongly that it has coincided with the Hoolahan tactics but am confident that with good application and some guile it can be used to or advantage and once again we will start to create chance for our strikers, and we all know what they can do with good supply.Here looking forward to a strong performance tonight. Not expecting a 5-0 hammering just a strong controlled 2-0 or 3-0 type of result. A performance that gives us all a lift.OTBC

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Recent results and performances have left many fans a little disturbed and anxious. I also think it has left the players feeling the same. We have gone from a team sweeping all in front of us aside to one that’s losing games and struggling to beat weak teams.

We all know that blips come and we are all well aware that we are not unbeatable and that we have ridden out luck at times this season. Not a problem you need a good slice of luck to win leagues like this and when you''re up there you always seem to get more breaks than when you not.

I do however feel that both fans and players need to see a convincing result to get back the confidence and belief that was bringing those commanding results and that slice of luck that goes hand in hand with winning and playing well.

The manager may well change things tonight, however he may leave his tried and tested diamond formation in place. If so we need to see certain players performing at a much higher level than Saturday. Both full back need to bomb on, in this formation it''s a must. Despite his great strike on his debut Rose has shown a distinct lack of desire to push forward regularly and surprisingly enough has highlighted that we are missing Adam Drury as and attacking fullback just as much as we miss his clearly superior defensive qualities. Martin seems keener to push forward but has again got to support more and concentrate at the back

We have seen Wes marked out of game in recent week and this has affected our attacking capabilities greatly. We need however to adapt to this or risk losing the effectiveness of the player altogether. Wes needs to pull his marker around, go stand in unusual places switch from one side of the pitch to the other even stand off side from time to time if needs be. Use the fact that he has a man to man marker to make space elsewhere and ultimately release himself from his grip.

Many would say a scrappy 1-0 win to night will do and who a I to argue but I feel we need the feeling that comes from giving some one a much sterner seeing to than that to bring back confidence in the players themselves. They will be as puzzled as us as to why our dominance has wilted. I feel strongly that it has coincided with the Hoolahan tactics but am confident that with good application and some guile it can be used to or advantage and once again we will start to create chance for our strikers, and we all know what they can do with good supply.

Here looking forward to a strong performance tonight. Not expecting a 5-0 hammering just a strong controlled 2-0 or 3-0 type of result. A performance that gives us all a lift.

OTBC

[/quote]

I sort of agree, but ultimately the most important thing is to win. I think a good 2-0 win would do the job, however I think this one is going to be another one that is tougher than expected.

Fingers crossed we win, with a bit of luck we might just whoop them.

We must win at any cost, a lot of the top teams are playing very winnable games at home tonight, the top end of the table could look VERY different by tonight.

[quote user="morty"]We must win at any cost, a lot of the top teams are playing very winnable games at home tonight, the top end of the table could look VERY different by tonight.
[/quote]

Agreed. Compare tonights fixture card to the weekends where, although we''re playing Oldham away which won''t be easy, the other sides do seem to have tougher games.

I''m not too sure that Southampton and Millwall are classed as week teams. I would go so far as to say that Southampton are the third best team in the league now with the squad Pardew has built. Millwall beat both us and Leeds at home also so are by no means push overs.

The only thing that is important at this stage of the season is 3 points. I will take a boring 1-0. If its 1-0 or 5-0 you still only get three points!

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="morty"]We must win at any cost, a lot of the top teams are playing very winnable games at home tonight, the top end of the table could look VERY different by tonight.[/quote]

Agreed. Compare tonights fixture card to the weekends where, although we''re playing Oldham away which won''t be easy, the other sides do seem to have tougher games.

[/quote]Every single game is huge now, but I feel that come Saturday night the table will have a very different look. If Leeds drop points they could well find themselves third and I really think they will crumble and make play offs at best, I think they''re away to Huddersfield on Saturday and from what I read, aren''t too confident of a win.If we drop points this week we could find ourselves second behind Colchester.And that really, really wouldn''t be funny.