Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Cureton's progress at the Shrews

Watched match tonight and considering his lack of first team football he looked good. Had couple of half chances and  showed good movement. Had a fiver on Shrewbury to win with Cureton to score...just a shame he couldn''t bag a late winner!!!!

So what if he looked good in a sub standard league

it''s not as if he''s a youngster who has a chance of coming back to city and breaking into the team

good luck to him though and I hope he signs for the shrews in the summer and enjoys his final years of football

Considering he hasn''t played for ages I thought he had a good game too

He''s going to be played up by the commentators as he is probably the best known player on the pitch this evening. Good touch, I only saw the second half, he didnt have much luck running at defenders but the pitch was no help. Nice flick-ons and should work well with their big guy up front.

just seen this on the bbc live update website which i thought was cureton at his best!!!

6:29

Jamie Cureton has an effort at goal from outside the box which goes wide right of the target.

Ha ha ha ha ha............... you''ve got to be joking.

Cureton''s first 4 touches of the ball travelled a combined distance of around 50 yards.  The first one was to roll the ball to a team mate at kick off, the next 3 were trying to control the ball.

He can trap a ball further than I can kick one.  Useless.

No doubt Wiz will soon be on here singing his rose-tinted praises

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

Ha ha ha ha ha............... you''ve got to be joking.

Cureton''s first 4 touches of the ball travelled a combined distance of around 50 yards.  The first one was to roll the ball to a team mate at kick off, the next 3 were trying to control the ball.

He can trap a ball further than I can kick one.  Useless.

No doubt Wiz will soon be on here singing his rose-tinted praises

[/quote]

I watched the game and he looked sharp and fit, no real chances came his way and to have a go at him makes you look a tit.

The proof in the pudding will be in the eating.He has been brought in to score goals.So he shall be judged on his goal tally at the end of the season.

I was pleased to see Curo shipped out because his legs had clearly gone at this level. However, now that he''s at least partly off the wage bill I don''t really see why people see the need to be so vindictive. His only crime, as far as I can see, is playing poorly in a City shirt. If we''re going to spend time on here criticising  everyone guilty of that in the last three seasons we''ll never have time to talk about City.

[quote user="morty"]The proof in the pudding will be in the eating.

He has been brought in to score goals.

So he shall be judged on his goal tally at the end of the season.
[/quote]

Spt the former prem league player, Was it Shrews Manager? Curiton up to his usual standards missed again and mr offside, I hope he does find some form and scores a few goals if only for his own sake, but that pitch was dyer, but did anyone notice the crowd, not knoking but the Sky replay highlites made the sound of a full house.  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="morty"]The proof in the pudding will be in the eating.He has been brought in to score goals.So he shall be judged on his goal tally at the end of the season.[/quote]

Spt the former prem league player, Was it Shrews Manager? Curiton up to his usual standards missed again and mr offside, I hope he does find some form and scores a few goals if only for his own sake, but that pitch was dyer, but did anyone notice the crowd, not knoking but the Sky replay highlites made the sound of a full house.  

[/quote]I don''t really care what Cureton does now to be honest, my only concern was getting his wages off the books. But from watching last night, I very much doubt I shall be wishing we hadn''t let him go.

I hope it works for the guy. At the end of the day its not his fault that Peter Grant decided to pay the best part of £2 million for him (in terms of transfers and wages). Was buying a 31 year old who had only scored goals regularly in the championship for one season a shrewd bit of business?

He wasn''t up to job but he was always professional. Players that leave a bitter taste in the mouth are ones like Steve Walsh and Tony Cottee who made no attempt to get fit or showed any committment to club whatsoever.