Sign in to follow this  
The Great Wall Of Tettey

arise korey smith.....

ideal replacemant for russell. imo russell shouldnt be banned, but life goes on !

as much as a rate stephen hughes, i think smith is more suited to fill in for him, similar type of player, and i wouldnt want to switch to a 4-4-2.

i think its time to start mcnamee on the right, take the game to southend, and really make a statement.

[quote user="Oli Oli Oli Oli"]

i think its time to start mcnamee on the right, take the game to southend, and really make a statement.

[/quote]So you''d be playing a 4-2-4/4-2-2-2, with a left midfielder sat alongside Smith at the base of the midfield then?... With McNamee on the "right"?Certainly doesn''t sit right with me.

[quote user="Oli Oli Oli Oli"]

ideal replacemant for russell. imo russell shouldnt be banned, but life goes on !

as much as a rate stephen hughes, i think smith is more suited to fill in for him, similar type of player, and i wouldnt want to switch to a 4-4-2.

[/quote]

Are you suggesting Korey in the holding role? If so I wuld have to disagree. IF we play the diamond it has to be Hughes (my choice) or Gill. If you move Korey you are :

1. Asking him to take on too much responsibility.

2. Losing his forward drive.

3.Changing two positions when you only have to change one.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]mmm cant see that happening.We beat Southend away 3 - 0 without Russell and Hughes was brilliant that night[/quote]My memory is failing me... I remember Hughes being involved that night but did he come on as a sub for Russell?I agree in keeping Smith where he has played all season pretty much on the right, Hughes in for Russell and McNamee in for Lappin.... and before anybody says that is going to let us down defensively, it is Southend at home for F**K sake... why does our shocking defence need any added protection???

[quote user="Lambert is King"]You made me think then Smudger so I checked the website. No Russell was injured Hughes started. Russell was not even a sub ( obviously as he was injured )[/quote]Cheers for that... [;)]I can''t recall Russell picking up an injury, but certainly remember Hughes having a lot of influence in a good 2nd half performance that night!