Sign in to follow this  
SJkitty

NCISA FAQ's

Scrutiny........ NCISA wanted me back so lets see if that true? NCISA has been established for a number of years now and they regard themselves as the number 1 supporters association, its fair to question their performance as well as examine what they have delivered in their time in power. 

Here are 15 relatively easy questions to start the ball rolling and i will add my thoughts later in  the conversation. I''m sure you guys will have many others but why not start here...

1) What does the NCISA Stand for?

2) What is its constructive purpose?

3) What proportion of the fan base does NCISA represent?

4) What efforts are made every year to expand the NCISA membership?

5) How big is the membership and how has this increased?

6) What are the long term goals or NCISA?

7) Is membership size that determines NCISA Status?

8) How has NCISA benefited community?

9) What has NCISA achieved in the last 2 years?

10) What funds has NCISA raised for the club in the last 2 years?

11) What expenses has NCISA had in the last two years (Detailed)

12) What Plans does NCISA have for the future?

13) Remind us of how many years has NCISA been formed?

14) If Association preceded NCISA Membership numbers would the actively support them?

15) Other than financially what should NCISA do for the club.

These are the sort of questions that other associations are asked and would be heckled for without immediate response. We have many more questions for NCISA so if you could please complete this first section promptly first so we can move on.

Thank you. Please answer truthfully in all accounts...

Whoops, looks like jealousy rears it''s ugly head amongst City supporters groups yet again?Over to you Tilly, Butler, Tangy, Daphne, Gazza and Co...I would leave this one well alone though, as it says far more about this particular person who is obviously a fan of the Kitty than it says about NCISA. [;)]

No ncisa didnt want you back on here Steve, it was me who revived the thread and asked the questions. I didn''t consult them at all.

A clever attempt by you to divert the attention away from the Kitty thread but it won''t work because people on here aren''t stupid and will see what you''re trying to do.

Well, it''s been a couple of weeks since anyone''s done any NCISA bashing or attempted to smear Tilly, so no real surprise to see this pop up, although the phrase about people who live in glass houses springs to mind.

[quote user="cityangel"]

No ncisa didnt want you back on here Steve, it was me who revived the thread and asked the questions. I didn''t consult them at all.

A clever attempt by you to divert the attention away from the Kitty thread but it won''t work because people on here aren''t stupid and will see what you''re trying to do.

[/quote]

What Kitty thread? !!!

Wouldn''t your time be better spent on telling us what you intend doing with the money you raised?

[quote user="morty"]Wouldn''t your time be better spent on telling us what you intend doing with the money you raised?
[/quote]

Simple question isn''t it Morty ?

Also he wasnts the fans support for his kitty project but he hasn''t got time to update the kitty website and he hasn''t got time to have a meeting with the fans ( which he promised a year ago) to get us onboard? Then he accuses the fans of not supporting his project.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Wouldn''t your time be better spent on telling us what you intend doing with the money you raised?[/quote]

Simple question isn''t it Morty ?

Also he wasnts the fans support for his kitty project but he hasn''t got time to update the kitty website and he hasn''t got time to have a meeting with the fans ( which he promised a year ago) to get us onboard? Then he accuses the fans of not supporting his project.

[/quote]I''m guessing he also has some kind of beef with the NCISA too, and as already stated, is using distraction tactics.Sounds like a man who has an egotistical quest for power, but just isn''t very good at it.

Money is being sent to the club with a request to send a copy of the receipt to NCISA.

They will update you when they get it i presume as my word obviously isn''t good enough on here...

However how long is it going to take NCISA to answer this thread?

How can we sure the answers are correct if they have to think about them?

[quote user="Beauseant"]Well, it''s been a couple of weeks since anyone''s done any NCISA bashing or attempted to smear Tilly, so no real surprise to see this pop up, although the phrase about people who live in glass houses springs to mind.[/quote]

Doesn''t it just [:)]

[quote user="SJkitty"]

Money is being sent to the club with a request to send a copy of the receipt to NCISA.

They will update you when they get it i presume as my word obviously isn''t good enough on here...

[/quote]You sound like a man with an axe to grind.

[quote user="SJkitty"]

[/quote]Sending the money can get you a lot of positive PR.  Closing the Kitty down after sending the money could be seen as cutting your nose off to spite your face.In your shoes, I would use the event of sending the money to get as much positive publicity as possible for the website, and the concept - Draft a press release, send it to Archant, local beeb, and other media outlets, contact the club and ask for a big cheque on the pitch at half time, and a mention in the match programme, or on the scoreboard even.  3 grand for FONCY or whoever has got to be worth some publicity.  That publicity will then hopefully be converted into further donations, as, shock horror, 99 % of the people who turn up to games don''t read this forum.

Steve

Having read the other thread on the message board regarding the kitty, I am not sure what spirit this thread was posted in. However, as I try to see the best in all people, I shall answer the points raised at face value to the best of my ability.

I am assuming you mean here ethically rather than the acronym. Much of the answers to this can be found on our website www.ncisa.co.uk but to answer in brief:

• To arrange question and answer sessions for all fans with players, directors, and other officials of the football club.

• To provide a platform for fans to air their views on any issue regarding Norwich City FC

• To raise funds for the academy.

I hope I have answered this in the previous question.

A very small proportion. This is a criticism often levelled at NCISA and we recognize this. My own view is that this is a general thing in society with societies and associations. Over the years we have found that the general rule is that when things are going well, our membership numbers drop. When times are bad and there are contentious issues we notice a sudden increase. I honestly believe that the figures wouldn’t change drastically if the personalities which you would like to see removed and I presume include me, changed.

4) What efforts are made every year to expand the NCISA membership?

NCISA open all events we organize to fans in general which we hope will encourage new members. Recently we have created a sub-committee within the committee whose aims are solely to increase membership numbers. Some of the people on this sub-committee are our newest committee members and we hope they will come up with fresh ideas. We are also revamping our web site at the moment and the intention is to make it more interactive to encourage people to get involved.

The current paid up membership is 340. As previously mentioned the number ebbs and flows with events at the football club. A general rule of thumb is that it is inversely proportional to how successful the team is.

• NCISA aims to continue to support the youth team and Tactic Zone financially

• NCISA intends to continue to hold as many fans forums as we can. Let us know if there are guests you would like us to approach.

• NCISA continues to listen to what all fans have to say, not just members, and take up any issues with the football club on their behalf. Occasionally under extreme circumstances we will organize St Andrews Hall style meetings, independent of the football club, if we feel that is what supporters want.

Status? That is very difficult to define and not really for me to say. If you mean by that why is it always NCISA officers who are quoted in the press then you’d best be asking the press. I can put my hand on my heart that since I have been involved with NCISA not one committee member has rung up the media and said ‘this is my view. Please print it’. They come to us not the other way round

8) How has NCISA benefited community?

The community in general? Probably not much. The people I work with who don’t like football have no idea what NCISA is and that is probably representative of the population of this area as a whole. As far as the football community goes, I like to think we have made a difference over the years. We have certainly drawn attention some issues over some recent difficult times. The money we have diverted to the academy I hope has made a difference. I like to think the long hours I have spent burning the candle at both ends doing the Canary Challenge may have in some small way helped the Korey Smiths and Declan Rudds of this world.

I hope I have addressed this in the previous answer.

£2500. This has dropped from previous years as we are not running the Canary Challenge this season due to a variety of reasons (I give you these Steve if you really want to know)

I am at work at present and haven’t got figures to hand but I can tell you no one on the committee claims for petrol or telephone expenses. The main outlay is once a year for stamps when we send out membership renewals. This is slowly decreasing as more and more members have email. There is also a small amount for stationery, membership cards etc. Our accounts are available for inspection at AGMs.

Similar to ‘long term goals’ but we are always pleased to receive new ideas if anyone has any.

NCISA was formed in 1995.

14) If Association preceded NCISA Membership numbers would the actively support them?

I am not trying to be difficult here but I don’t really understand this question.

15) Other than financially what should NCISA do for the club?

We would be pleased to hear your suggestions.

These are the sort of questions that other associations are asked and would be heckled for without immediate response. We have many more questions for NCISA so if you could please complete this first section promptly first so we can move on.

I look forward to hearing your further questions

I have done so and always do.

I would also like to point out as this may have been missed by many posters, that far from being obstructive to your ideas for the kitty, NCISA included a link it on our own website which is still boldly there for all to see. We would hardly have done this if we hoped you would fail as you infer.

Steve if you are intent in discrediting NCISA, I feel you would be better served making us look rather silly by answering fans questions which they have been asking for a long long time. I work full time and I answered yours within 4 hours of my seeing your thread.

Kathy

[quote]Draft a press release, send it to Archant, local beeb, and other media

outlets, contact the club and ask for a big cheque on the pitch at half

time, and a mention in the match programme, or on the scoreboard even.[/quote]Oh, and sponsor a player with some of the cash if you can.  That way the website address is given out on the scoreboard several times before games.

[quote user="SJkitty"]

[/quote]Why should anybody from NCISA answer this thread?I think you are doing your credibility more harm than good by asking them to do so?I am sure that they have much better thiungs to do?  I know that they are working on updating their website (and this has been long overdue accepted - but at least it is being done now).I know that there is other work in progress for them to hopefully get more support from Norwich City''s fans.  Maybe you could take a leaf out of their book by focusing on your own organisation instead of worrying about other supporters groups?I would be almost disappointed by NCISA if they felt the need to respond to this thread of yours in any way.

[quote user="Kathy"]Steve

Having read the other thread on the message board regarding the kitty, I am not sure what spirit this thread was posted in. However, as I try to see the best in all people, I shall answer the points raised at face value to the best of my ability.

I am assuming you mean here ethically rather than the acronym. Much of the answers to this can be found on our website www.ncisa.co.uk but to answer in brief:

• To arrange question and answer sessions for all fans with players, directors, and other officials of the football club.

• To provide a platform for fans to air their views on any issue regarding Norwich City FC

A very small proportion. This is a criticism often levelled at NCISA and we recognize this. My own view is that this is a general thing in society with societies and associations. Over the years we have found that the general rule is that when things are going well, our membership numbers drop. When times are bad and there are contentious issues we notice a sudden increase. I honestly believe that the figures wouldn’t change drastically if the personalities which you would like to see removed and I presume include me, changed.

NCISA open all events we organize to fans in general which we hope will encourage new members. Recently we have created a sub-committee within the committee whose aims are solely to increase membership numbers. Some of the people on this sub-committee are our newest committee members and we hope they will come up with fresh ideas. We are also revamping our web site at the moment and the intention is to make it more interactive to encourage people to get involved.

The current paid up membership is 340. As previously mentioned the number ebbs and flows with events at the football club. A general rule of thumb is that it is inversely proportional to how successful the team is.

• NCISA intends to continue to hold as many fans forums as we can. Let us know if there are guests you would like us to approach.

• NCISA continues to listen to what all fans have to say, not just members, and take up any issues with the football club on their behalf. Occasionally under extreme circumstances we will organize St Andrews Hall style meetings, independent of the football club, if we feel that is what supporters want.

Status? That is very difficult to define and not really for me to say. If you mean by that why is it always NCISA officers who are quoted in the press then you’d best be asking the press. I can put my hand on my heart that since I have been involved with NCISA not one committee member has rung up the media and said ‘this is my view. Please print it’. They come to us not the other way round

The community in general? Probably not much. The people I work with who don’t like football have no idea what NCISA is and that is probably representative of the population of this area as a whole. As far as the football community goes, I like to think we have made a difference over the years. We have certainly drawn attention some issues over some recent difficult times. The money we have diverted to the academy I hope has made a difference. I like to think the long hours I have spent burning the candle at both ends doing the Canary Challenge may have in some small way helped the Korey Smiths and Declan Rudds of this world.

£2500. This has dropped from previous years as we are not running the Canary Challenge this season due to a variety of reasons (I give you these Steve if you really want to know)

I am at work at present and haven’t got figures to hand but I can tell you no one on the committee claims for petrol or telephone expenses. The main outlay is once a year for stamps when we send out membership renewals. This is slowly decreasing as more and more members have email. There is also a small amount for stationery, membership cards etc. Our accounts are available for inspection at AGMs.

Similar to ‘long term goals’ but we are always pleased to receive new ideas if anyone has any.

I am not trying to be difficult here but I don’t really understand this question.

These are the sort of questions that other associations are asked and would be heckled for without immediate response. We have many more questions for NCISA so if you could please complete this first section promptly first so we can move on.

I would also like to point out as this may have been missed by many posters, that far from being obstructive to your ideas for the kitty, NCISA included a link it on our own website which is still boldly there for all to see. We would hardly have done this if we hoped you would fail as you infer.

Steve if you are intent in discrediting NCISA, I feel you would be better served making us look rather silly by answering fans questions which they have been asking for a long long time. I work full time and I answered yours within 4 hours of my seeing your thread.

Kathy[/quote]Whoops... Kathy has already done it! [:$]Why even bother rising to the bait and biting Kathy?We will no doub''t go around and around in circles with neither side coming out of it with too much credit.

[quote]We will no doub''t go around and around in circles with neither side coming out of it with too much credit.[/quote]6,814 posts in, and finally there''s something I can agree with [:)]

Oh err. I did this as a word document as cut and pasted it but the formatting and paragraphing has disappeared which makes it difficult to follow. I will have another go.

Steve

Kathy

Pete - can you kill the first post -thanks

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Kathy"]Steve

Kathy[/quote]Whoops... Kathy has already done it! [:$]Why even bother rising to the bait and biting Kathy?We will no doub''t go around and around in circles with neither side coming out of it with too much credit.[/quote]

I think it would have been unreasonable to criticise the kitty for not answering questions then do exactly the same thing yourself.

Well done Kathy and all at NCISA for responding so professionally to SJKitty''s questions. I''m sure that he will now reciprocate by answering the list of questions that CA posed many hours ago and which he has been studiously avoiding. If he now fails to do so, I''m sure that all neutral observers of this thread will draw their own conclusions.

Thank you for your response Kathy, it was never my intention to hound or judge NCISA or those running it, i know full well it takes commitment to the club to be involved.

You were there when i spoke to both you and Mr Tilson about working together for the good of the club, I said the kitty was an idea that needed support and that i needed people to get involved, at the time you looked uncomfortable with the idea whilst John was his usual uninterested self.

I rarely get the time to deal with the everyday running of an association therefore it was right to suggest others should get involved.

These question i set before you were to demonstrate that the whole aspect of supporters groups should change because as it stands supporters have ineffective representation... NCISA is a non entity, not important on any account and the only way it can change is to add some financial muscle to the voices. Money is the only thing that talks in the football world..

But at the end of the day if  NCISA have been closed minded to new ideas, they have been unsupportive using scare tactics and constantly threw the credibility card...

As trust is an issue i leave it to NCISA to inform supporters that everything is present and correct, as NCISA was the association that made extra efforts to discredit the KITTY.

All documentation will be forwarded after the company is wound up.

My appoligies for my outburst about NCISA in general but many people would agree with my views on John.

I don''t understand why you need NCISA to do this, if they only represent 380 people, of an audience of 24,000 regulars.What you need to do is talk to local media to get a regular presence of some form, I''ve already thrown several ideas your way today.  They put Walpole on the front page on a slow news day, printing a small graphic which you could supply with a monthly updated total on their sports pages isn''t really too hard to organise, is it ?  Neither is actually updating the total on the kitty website when you come to it.  You just log into the paypal account, note the total down, then change about 6 characters on your web page.

Well done Kathy/NCISA for responding so quickly ( in your lunch hour presumeably )

Also some good ideas from BBB and thats just one person, just think what a meeting with fans interested in rasing money for the club could have achieved Steve

Hi, I have been saying for months i needed help and it fell on deaf ears.

I can''t possibly do everything as the site needed writers, the forums needed managing, businesses needed contacting, and my job would have been to make sure the site was guided to become a useful local resource.

If supporters worked together it would have been one of the strongest sites in the country and that would have brought revenue outside the community.

As i said only 30% of the figure was raised by direct debit.

We needed more hands on deck to cover all areas like media etc.  It needed a leader who could donate time... I thought that if i put the initial time into it and built a good site that someone would be glad to take it on... I would only have a supporting roll then...

Its not a case of ignoring ideas, it was a case of no time to do it... If that''s my crime then so be it.

All successful supporter organisations need a number of people to show a willingness to work ''beyond the call of duty''. This is not always appreciated by members of their own group.

It is sad to see some fall by the wayside but it is always so in business as well as voluntary organisations.

[quote user="SJkitty"]

Scrutiny........ NCISA wanted me back so lets see if that true? NCISA has been established for a number of years now and they regard themselves as the number 1 supporters association, its fair to question their performance as well as examine what they have delivered in their time in power...blah blah blah...These are the sort of questions that other associations are asked and would be heckled for without immediate response. We have many more questions for NCISA

[/quote]Why when I see this type of thing going on between 2 supporters groups does this come to mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE 

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="SJkitty"]

Scrutiny........ NCISA wanted me back so lets see if that true? NCISA has been established for a number of years now and they regard themselves as the number 1 supporters association, its fair to question their performance as well as examine what they have delivered in their time in power...blah blah blah...These are the sort of questions that other associations are asked and would be heckled for without immediate response. We have many more questions for NCISA

[/quote]Why when I see this type of thing going on between 2 supporters groups does this come to mind...

[/quote]and I am not associated to any of them nor have any preference to any of them

p.s. blahblahblah, sorry for getting you involved [:P]

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="SJkitty"]

[/quote]Hahahahaha!!!!