Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Norwich City Kitty Polls - Should they hand over the cash, would you give if they paid regularly to the club ?

I''d like to get some feedback about this issue, as it seems to be a fairly topical at the moment - so I''ve made a couple of polls, which are linked below.

Should the kitty hand over the cash raised so far ?

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2013007/ShowPost.aspx

If the Kitty made regular payments to the club, would you contribute ?

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2013010/ShowPost.aspx

If most of the people that respond want some effective action, then a clear message can be sent to those who run the kitty.

I think they can only pin a few topics at the same time because it takes up server resources or something, but I''m happy to come in here and burble at myself every few hours.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I think they can only pin a few topics at the same time because it takes up server resources or something, but I''m happy to come in here and burble at myself every few hours.[/quote]Thats a fobbing off story if ever I''ve heard one!!! LOL

Do people care about the kitty ?  Or would you let it die because of some silly mis-understandings and poor communications ?Let the people who run it know by participating in the user poll.

I would contribute, even a small amount if I knew they were above board and could prove it, and making regular payments to the club would be one way.  But i''m not putting my money into a scheme that I don''t 100% trust.  Good polls BTW and i''ve voted.

As much as you want Jedi.  If nothing else, small regular payments would mount up - even if you got a fiver a month from 2,000 fans, you''d be looking at 10,000 a month, which could bring in half a Leroy Lita ! [:)]I think the key to this is (as others have said) transparency, and regular payments.  Anything else halts the virtuous cycle that the kitty is trying to build.

If would feel much better about backing it if it wasn''t run by overgrown man-children who take their ball away every time they''re - quite rightly - asked perfectly reasonable questions.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]If would feel much better about backing it if it wasn''t run by overgrown man-children who take their ball away every time they''re - quite rightly - asked perfectly reasonable questions.[/quote]That''s a fair point, but if say a thousand was going into the pot every month, and 3,000 came out of the pot every three months and into the club, would you care who it was run by ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"]If would feel much better about backing it if it wasn''t run by overgrown man-children who take their ball away every time they''re - quite rightly - asked perfectly reasonable questions.[/quote]That''s a fair point, but if say a thousand was going into the pot every month, and 3,000 came out of the pot every three months and into the club, would you care who it was run by ?[/quote]Yes.  The success of such a fan''s venture depends entirely on the personalities behind it. 

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"]If would feel much better about backing it if it wasn''t run by overgrown man-children who take their ball away every time they''re - quite rightly - asked perfectly reasonable questions.[/quote]That''s a fair point, but if say a thousand was going into the pot every month, and 3,000 came out of the pot every three months and into the club, would you care who it was run by ?[/quote]Yes.  The success of such a fan''s venture depends entirely on the personalities behind it.  [/quote]Well, Steve has been crying out for someone to take this on, maybe you could put your name forward ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"]If would feel much better about backing it if it wasn''t run by overgrown man-children who take their ball away every time they''re - quite rightly - asked perfectly reasonable questions.[/quote]That''s a fair point, but if say a thousand was going into the pot every month, and 3,000 came out of the pot every three months and into the club, would you care who it was run by ?[/quote]Yes.  The success of such a fan''s venture depends entirely on the personalities behind it.  [/quote]Well, Steve has been crying out for someone to take this on, maybe you could put your name forward ?[/quote]Haha.  I think it''s a great idea in principle - who couldn''t?  But I have absolutely no interest in taking on anything related to this current iteration.  Run properly, professionally and with transparency it could be fantastic supporter-led resource for the Club to tap into. 

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Haha.  I think it''s a great idea in principle - who couldn''t?  But I have absolutely no interest in taking on anything related to this current iteration.  Run properly, professionally and with transparency it could be fantastic supporter-led resource for the Club to tap into.  [/quote]Absolutely.  If I were Kathy, or Tilly, I''d be considering a "Blueys to beat the Blues" promotion.  Set up a paypal donate button, that takes £5 per month from people willing to be involved.  Stick it on a web page that says something like : "Imagine if we were to go top of the league again at Portman Road* next season, with a goal in the last 5 minutes.  Imagine if the goal was scored by a player that the club couldn''t normally afford, but who became available thanks to the generosity of us, the fans !If just 10% of the regular attendance at Carrow Road would put a bluey into our pot every month, we could raise the wages of a championship footballer !"* Assuming they stay up.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"]
Haha.  I think it''s a great idea in principle - who couldn''t?  But I have absolutely no interest in taking on anything related to this current iteration.  Run properly, professionally and with transparency it could be fantastic supporter-led resource for the Club to tap into. 
[/quote]

Absolutely.  If I were Kathy, or Tilly, I''d be considering a "Blueys to beat the Blues" promotion.  Set up a paypal donate button, that takes £5 per month from people willing to be involved.  Stick it on a web page that says something like :

"Imagine if we were to go top of the league again at Portman Road* next season, with a goal in the last 5 minutes.  Imagine if the goal was scored by a player that the club couldn''t normally afford, but who became available thanks to the generosity of us, the fans !

If just 10% of the regular attendance at Carrow Road would put a bluey into our pot every month, we could raise the wages of a championship footballer !"

* Assuming they stay up.
[/quote]

Great idea. I might even go a tenner.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I think they can only pin a few topics at the same time because it takes up server resources or something.
[/quote]

You think wrong.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I think they can only pin a few topics at the same time because it takes up server resources or something.[/quote]

You think wrong.

[/quote]Ah, but at least I''m consistent ! [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"]
Haha.  I think it''s a great idea in principle - who couldn''t?  But I have absolutely no interest in taking on anything related to this current iteration.  Run properly, professionally and with transparency it could be fantastic supporter-led resource for the Club to tap into. 
[/quote]

Absolutely.  If I were Kathy, or Tilly, I''d be considering a "Blueys to beat the Blues" promotion.  Set up a paypal donate button, that takes £5 per month from people willing to be involved.  Stick it on a web page that says something like :

"Imagine if we were to go top of the league again at Portman Road* next season, with a goal in the last 5 minutes.  Imagine if the goal was scored by a player that the club couldn''t normally afford, but who became available thanks to the generosity of us, the fans !

If just 10% of the regular attendance at Carrow Road would put a bluey into our pot every month, we could raise the wages of a championship footballer !"

* Assuming they stay up.
[/quote]

I think thats a great idea too [:)]

It''s probably achievable with a bit of organisation.  There was a survey done in 2006, so it''s probably a bit inaccurate now, but it puts the average wage of a championship footballer at £195,750.  If anything that wage is likely to have decreased.£195,750 / 12 = £16312.50 per month.£16312.50 per month is 3262.5 donations.Assuming there are 20,000 season ticket holders, that''s a fiver a month from 16 % of the season ticket holders.You could have a picture on the web page of a footballer, and as more donations came in, the picture would fill up, until it reached 3,200.  Then you could start another footballer.  Then you could have updates like, ooh, we''ve raised enough money for Leroy Lita''s left leg, or something.  Anyway, you get the idea.

[quote user="IBA"]Just give it straight to the club. Why introduce more paper trails?[/quote]If you mean the 3k that the kitty is sitting on, I agree.  If you mean extra fivers a month, then there is no current mechanism in place for that set up by the club.Oh, and your | character causes an error when I quote you.  But it''s nice to be different.

I thought the money was for the club in the first place so why is it not being handed over ? can someone in the know please explain why this is still not resolved, If it has please ignore this letter

[quote user="pete_norw"]I thought the money was for the club in the first place so why is it not being handed over ? can someone in the know please explain why this is still not resolved, If it has please ignore this letter[/quote]Pete, steve has agreed to hand over the money today.  I don''t think he''s done anything wrong as such, just not had time to do much beyond the initial stages.