Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

A full house?

The record for Carrow Road whilst it has been an all seater is 25,355. Obviously the away support depends on how big the attendance is, but when it''s a sell out, obviously a few people wont make it for what ever reason, but how big can we go? That''s 700 free seats, and why? We have to cover a bunch up to divide the away and home fans, does anyone know how much that is? It''s just we seem to sell out but have 700 free, even against teams like Col U where I assume they sold all their ticket''s, it was about 800 short. Main reason''s why?

You''ve answered your own question. The reason we can''t sell ever ticket is because of the safety devide between home and away. You''re thread indicates that this probably covers about 700 seats. If you buy a ticket (including a season ticket) and don''t turn up you still get counted.

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]You''ve answered your own question. The reason we can''t sell ever ticket is because of the safety devide between home and away. You''re thread indicates that this probably covers about 700 seats. If you buy a ticket (including a season ticket) and don''t turn up you still get counted.[/quote]Nah, cause what about the ticket''s sold which people don''t go to. I guess there won''t be many, but in situations like if there is a car crash, or you need to go to hospital or something like this. [:S]

Well anyone know how wide the net thing is, because we can work it out, just times it by 52, right? [:)]

The all-seater record is 25,522 against Man Utd (next closest is 25,506 against Hartlepool the other week!). Segregation takes up 500 ish, so it''s about right.

[quote user="pbtc"]The all-seater record is 25,522 against Man Utd (next closest is 25,506 against Hartlepool the other week!). Segregation takes up 500 ish, so it''s about right.[/quote]Oh [:P] Sorry I just looked on Wikipedia. [:$]

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]You could be on a slab at the N&N, but if you bought a ticket for the game you''ll still get counted in the attendance figures. [/quote]I think you''re wrong, they used to do it that way but actually count

people in on the turnstiles now.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Suffolk exile"]You could be on a slab at the N&N, but if you bought a ticket for the game you''ll still get counted in the attendance figures. [/quote]

I think you''re wrong, they used to do it that way but actually count people in on the turnstiles now.
[/quote]

They changed it a few years ago because it is better for advertising revenue etc. I''m not aware they changed it back - and given the attendance figures I''d suggest they haven''t. I read somewhere that on average 5 -10% of season ticket holders at Norwich don''t turn up.

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Suffolk exile"]You could be on a slab at the N&N, but if you bought a ticket for the game you''ll still get counted in the attendance figures. [/quote]I think you''re wrong, they used to do it that way but actually count people in on the turnstiles now.[/quote]

They changed it a few years ago because it is better for advertising revenue etc. I''m not aware they changed it back - and given the attendance figures I''d suggest they haven''t. I read somewhere that on average 5 -10% of season ticket holders at Norwich don''t turn up.

[/quote]No I still think you''re wrong, though we will have no way of finding out. To me, when I am at the games and they announce the attendance it always looks about right, I have never thought their figure wildly inaccurate, which it would be if they were counting people who don''t turn up.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Suffolk exile"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Suffolk exile"]You could be on a slab at the N&N, but if you bought a ticket for the game you''ll still get counted in the attendance figures. [/quote]

I think you''re wrong, they used to do it that way but actually count people in on the turnstiles now.
[/quote]

[/quote]

No I still think you''re wrong, though we will have no way of finding out. To me, when I am at the games and they announce the attendance it always looks about right, I have never thought their figure wildly inaccurate, which it would be if they were counting people who don''t turn up.
[/quote]

Take out one in ten people randomly all around the ground and you don''t notice - you don''t get enough space as it is. You can see where the gaps in the corners are when we dont sell out and these accout for the lesser 1-2k when we don''t sell out. Not sure what they do for the away tickets not sold. They might even count these since the opposing club will have paid for them - but on this I have no idea.

My brother also reckons the tickets sold and season tickets get automatically counted. So each time we ''sell out'', it''s down to away support, and corporate seating and stuff? [:S]

I dont know if season ticket holders get counted or not. They used to when Robert Chase was in charge. Towards the end of his reign the official attendances bore no relation to the actual crowd inside the ground when the boycott was on.

[quote user="Yarmyed"]I dont know if season ticket holders get counted or not. They used to when Robert Chase was in charge. Towards the end of his reign the official attendances bore no relation to the actual crowd inside the ground when the boycott was on.[/quote]

Yes season ticket holders get counted whether they are there or not as they''ve paid for their seat. The actual number of people there is reported in the programme the week after the game.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Yarmyed"]I dont know if season ticket holders get counted or not. They used to when Robert Chase was in charge. Towards the end of his reign the official attendances bore no relation to the actual crowd inside the ground when the boycott was on.[/quote]

Yes season ticket holders get counted whether they are there or not as they''ve paid for their seat. The actual number of people there is reported in the programme the week after the game.

[/quote]So how do they come up with the figure they tell us at the match then?

All the season ticket holders plus the ticket stubs they''ve collected on the day from casual fans.

Eac ticket officer has a ticker which he clicks whenever someone flashes their season ticket/hands over their ticket stub, and these can be added up to calculate the true attendance. Why the true attendance isn''t given out on matchday is a question I canot answer, I presume it takes too long to work out how many season ticket holders went to the game.

I''d say the segregation net cover about 8/10 rows of seats, and there are about 50 rows back, so that would be about 400/500 seats covered by the net. There are always odd seats left in the top corners of the end stands and the family area. It may even takes into account those empty boxes in the N+P.

I must admit that I thought we were one of the few clubs who actually gave an attendence figure f those actually attending - i.e. those actually in the ground, rather than using the number of tickets sold whether or not people turn up & use them.  

No, whoever said it first earlier on is correct....season ticket holders get counted whether or nor they are there - makes sense really as they have paid for every game and should, therefore, be counted in the attendance.

[quote user="canarytom"]Depends how pathetic the fans are[/quote]Tom, I''m liking you''re motto thing. Who''s Brendan anyway, sounds like a douche cadet.

[quote user="pbtc"]The all-seater record is 25,522 against Man Utd (next closest is 25,506 against Hartlepool the other week!). Segregation takes up 500 ish, so it''s about right.
[/quote]Bloody glory hunters....