Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

I think the fans are pathetic...

[quote user="Albinozak"]I can assure you mate i have never met Brenden in my life. Just did not think his daft views were worth the abuse he got.[/quote]

In fairness, he''s started off by insulting a whole tranche of supporters, been told repeatedly he''s being a pillock, yet has ploughed on regardless. If he''d reeled his neck in after a couple of pages everyone would have moved on. He''s brought it on himself I''m afraid, and if he hasn''t got the balls to accept the consequences he really shouldn''t post that sort of stuff.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendo "]I''m not saying I am anymore of a fan. But people who go BECAUSE WE ARE WINNING are pathetic. I go to watch Norwich City Football Club as I love them, not because we are doing alright. I completely understand that people cannot afford it. Surely though there is a reason why coincidently higher attendances when we are doing well? May I ask if any of you go to more games when we are winning? Or more imporatntly if winning is a factor in you going to a game. I would say that makes you less of a fan. [/quote]So last year, you numpty, how do you explain the crowds of 24,000 while we were busy getting relegated?  Or is your post only aimed at the extra 500 or so people who have turned up since then?[/quote]Precisely my point. Shame it took you 9 pages to realise.

[quote user="Jacoljam"]It''s not the first time that you''ve made negative comments about our fans.[/quote]Namely the two muppets who ran on the pitch earlier on in the season, yes.

[quote user="Brendo "]Okay, so someone explain to me, why we lost about 2,000 fans from the Col u game to the game after?

Let me guess everyone went bankrupt the day after Col U because they all had bet''s on that game?

I''M NOT CRITICISING ANYONE FOR NOT HAVING MONEY, MY POINT MERELY BEING THAT WHY IS THERE INCREASED FAN''S BECAUSE WE ARE DOING WELL? BECAUSE THEY ARE GLORY HUNTING IMO, AND I DO NOT LIKE THAT. OK? [:)]
[/quote]

Oh dear Brendan, no one is saying you can''t have an opinion on things, we all have one, and I would defend anyone for their right to have an opinion.

There may be lot''s of reasons why some matches have lower attendances, such as family commitments, work, money, holidays, illness, childcare issues, being without work etc.

It doesn''t make fans fickle, glory hunters for attending certain matches, that is their right and it shouldn''t be questioned by anyone.

Years back we would only get crowds of 12,000, so to go to what we have now is fantastic.  I think you have to accept that the crowd numbers will go up and down depending on peoples personal circumstances at that particular time.

There are many fans who have supported this club, including myself and hubby, through thick and thin for more years than your young life.  But as with any football club in general you will get floating supporters, it''s the way it is, and you have to try and take on board that all it is is more money in a clubs coffers, that should be encouraged IMHO.

I don''t dislike any Norwich fans. I just don''t like an attitude of showing more support when we are doing well. And hogesar, why do you think you have the moral high ground over me, and feel the need to treat me like I have a learning disability. As someone said before, If you don''t agree with me, then prove me wrong, don''t just call me a fool. Put yourself in my shoes, someone doesn''t agree with you, you get a load of abuse off someone but no reason why they disagree.Hey, two people agree''d anyway. [:D]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Jacoljam"]It''s not the first time that you''ve made negative comments about our fans.
[/quote]

Namely the two muppets who ran on the pitch earlier on in the season, yes.
[/quote]

What they did was wrong, but football fans are so passionate, I am sure that if you''d have lived long enough to know what our ''''golden times'''' were like and realise how far we have fallen, you''d understand their reasons, even if you didn''t agree with them.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Brendo "]Okay, so someone explain to me, why we lost about 2,000 fans from the Col u game to the game after? Let me guess everyone went bankrupt the day after Col U because they all had bet''s on that game? I''M NOT CRITICISING ANYONE FOR NOT HAVING MONEY, MY POINT MERELY BEING THAT WHY IS THERE INCREASED FAN''S BECAUSE WE ARE DOING WELL? BECAUSE THEY ARE GLORY HUNTING IMO, AND I DO NOT LIKE THAT. OK? [:)][/quote]

Oh dear Brendan, no one is saying you can''t have an opinion on things, we all have one, and I would defend anyone for their right to have an opinion.

There may be lot''s of reasons why some matches have lower attendances, such as family commitments, work, money, holidays, illness, childcare issues, being without work etc.

It doesn''t make fans fickle, glory hunters for attending certain matches, that is their right and it shouldn''t be questioned by anyone.

Years back we would only get crowds of 12,000, so to go to what we have now is fantastic.  I think you have to accept that the crowd numbers will go up and down depending on peoples personal circumstances at that particular time.

There are many fans who have supported this club, including myself and hubby, through thick and thin for more years than your young life.  But as with any football club in general you will get floating supporters, it''s the way it is, and you have to try and take on board that all it is is more money in a clubs coffers, that should be encouraged IMHO.

[/quote]I guess I didn''t get the message accross I was trying to. These ''floatinf supporters'' you talk of is what I mean. The one''s who happily say they were a Norwich fan when we were in the Prem, but maybe don''t now. And yes, these fans DO exist if no one think''s so. [:S]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Brendo "]Okay, so someone explain to me, why we lost about 2,000 fans from the Col u game to the game after?

Let me guess everyone went bankrupt the day after Col U because they all had bet''s on that game?

I''M NOT CRITICISING ANYONE FOR NOT HAVING MONEY, MY POINT MERELY BEING THAT WHY IS THERE INCREASED FAN''S BECAUSE WE ARE DOING WELL? BECAUSE THEY ARE GLORY HUNTING IMO, AND I DO NOT LIKE THAT. OK? [:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess I didn''t get the message accross I was trying to. These ''floatinf supporters'' you talk of is what I mean. The one''s who happily say they were a Norwich fan when we were in the Prem, but maybe don''t now. And yes, these fans DO exist if no one think''s so. [:S]

[/quote]

Oh I think you got your point accross, but maybe you haven''t understood what was being told to you in return.

These fans aren''t new, or just at our club, get used to it. [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Jacoljam"]It''s not the first time that you''ve made negative comments about our fans.[/quote]Namely the two muppets who ran on the pitch earlier on in the season, yes. [/quote]

What they did was wrong, but football fans are so passionate, I am sure that if you''d have lived long enough to know what our ''''golden times'''' were like and realise how far we have fallen, you''d understand their reasons, even if you didn''t agree with them.

[/quote]I understand why they did it, and I suppose I didn''t explain my reason why I called them muppet''s. Well I saw some of the things one of them said on facebook, and frankly it was disgusting. Some lass tried defending him and saying well done for what he did, his reply was something like '' Shut the f*ck up you stupid slag''. And the way Norwich fan''s tried to defend them was silly I thought aswell. They broke the rules, they should face the consequences.

[quote user="Albinozak"]Brenden just walk away from this one and accept defeat.[/quote]Think I will. Apologies all. [:$]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Jacoljam"]It''s not the first time that you''ve made negative comments about our fans.
[/quote]

Namely the two muppets who ran on the pitch earlier on in the season, yes.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I understand why they did it, and I suppose I didn''t explain my reason why I called them muppet''s. Well I saw some of the things one of them said on facebook, and frankly it was disgusting. Some lass tried defending him and saying well done for what he did, his reply was something like '' Shut the f*ck up you stupid slag''. And the way Norwich fan''s tried to defend them was silly I thought aswell. They broke the rules, they should face the consequences.
[/quote]

kl

One point he didnt make on the subject which does back him up is the amount of yellow and green that lined the streets for the promotion under worthy. I knew plenty of people that did jump on the band wagon that year, but not the ones who turned out at carra rd.

[quote user="Albinozak"]One point he didnt make on the subject which does back him up is the amount of yellow and green that lined the streets for the promotion under worthy. I knew plenty of people that did jump on the band wagon that year, but not the ones who turned out at carra rd.[/quote]Precisely. I knew many people in both my old school and my current who went to the games in the Prem , and got shirts etc, now they are Arsenal or United fans. Maybe I got this one right anyone? [:$] [:$] [:$] Let me guess, I''m a winker for thinking this too?[:)] Get in!

you''re getting slated cos you wont shut up! Money talks and some people have to pick and choose when they watch so why not watch when you''re more likely to enjoy it. It''s not like 10,000 fans are doing it. The ones you need to slate are the ones who start booing the team...last season and the first game of this season, the team deserved the boos as they rolled over and died without a fight. This season they''ve been immense and the first blip in form and the boos start...they''re the ones you need to slate not the ones who came to support city! No havent you got some homework to do?

[quote user="wishiwasthere"]you''re getting slated cos you wont shut up! Money talks and some people have to pick and choose when they watch so why not watch when you''re more likely to enjoy it. It''s not like 10,000 fans are doing it. The ones you need to slate are the ones who start booing the team...last season and the first game of this season, the team deserved the boos as they rolled over and died without a fight. This season they''ve been immense and the first blip in form and the boos start...they''re the ones you need to slate not the ones who came to support city! No havent you got some homework to do?[/quote]Grow up.

I met Joe Strummer backstage at the UEA a few years back.But having been born in ''81 i missed the glory years of the band.However i bet most punks around the world have not shaken the legend''s hand or destroyed a bottle of cognac with his guitarist (unofrtunately it wasnt Mick Jones)..Therefore im a bigger Clash fan than any mupper from the seventies.Simples really......:PBut in all seriousness i once had a very similar debate at uni. I was more passionate about city than any fellow students were about their sides. Whether they were floating supporters or not, that still rings true.  The crux of the issue is that as long as the people that need a ticket can get one, then everyone is a winner.  Lets face it any extra revenue the culb can bring in is vital since we still have a few old hasbeens pissing it all up the wall for us.... :PI did also once have a drunken rant at our own fans up at the City Ground. We were losing 4-0 but the miserable buggers wouldnt sing.  In my younger drunk mind i thought to myself "fekking hell, even if the team plays shite we can prove ourselves better fans than the opposition." Many people on here would have a problem with that kind of attitude too. no real point to that, but should prove to Brendan that we live and learn. Everyone is different and supports (thats vocal in my view, but there are other options.....clapping hands like a seal/opening their thermos and bag of humbugs etc etc) in their own way.Its massively frustrating to me as a vocal fan and someone that has been to derby games in south america, that our support is so quiet.  I for one would love to see 25k singing their lungs out every week.  However there are many people that associate singing with loutish behaviour or just feel too old/shy/god knows what, to sing. If we had the passion of Celtic fans then i would be even more proud of our club.  These are all personal opinions and i would of course expect many on here to disagree completely. Fair enough.  We all support the same side in our varying ways.However Brendan.  I would hazard a guess that ur more of a fan than a certain insurance mogul who could quite easily donate in the way that Hucks wage payer (always forget his name. carl something) did. So take heart in that. Win the euromillions and pay off J.C''s contract :P

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="wishiwasthere"]you''re getting slated cos you wont shut up! Money talks and some people have to pick and choose when they watch so why not watch when you''re more likely to enjoy it. It''s not like 10,000 fans are doing it. The ones you need to slate are the ones who start booing the team...last season and the first game of this season, the team deserved the boos as they rolled over and died without a fight. This season they''ve been immense and the first blip in form and the boos start...they''re the ones you need to slate not the ones who came to support city! No havent you got some homework to do?
[/quote]

Grow up.
[/quote]Brendo, learn when to leave well alone, and you wonder why you are getting all the stick!!!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="wishiwasthere"]you''re getting slated cos you wont shut up! Money talks and some people have to pick and choose when they watch so why not watch when you''re more likely to enjoy it. It''s not like 10,000 fans are doing it. The ones you need to slate are the ones who start booing the team...last season and the first game of this season, the team deserved the boos as they rolled over and died without a fight. This season they''ve been immense and the first blip in form and the boos start...they''re the ones you need to slate not the ones who came to support city! No havent you got some homework to do?[/quote]Grow up. [/quote]Brendo, learn when to leave well alone, and you wonder why you are getting all the stick!!!

[/quote]What so he is calling me a child, yet using childish insults over me? So I could then say he has dementia, and should be taking his medication. No because that''s assuming he is old, when he probably is not so old. Why do others also think they are a big man patronising a small, feeble 15 year old. [:(] Off to slit my throat I go.

I know this is a separate point but I do think that since the ground has gone over to mainly season ticket holders, we have lost some of the exuberant spontaneity of the ''pay on the gates'' days. Maybe it is just part of the gentrification of the game, but we all seem more passive now, waiting to be entertained.

[quote user="corbs"]I know this is a separate point but I do think that since the ground has gone over to mainly season ticket holders, we have lost some of the exuberant spontaneity of the ''pay on the gates'' days. Maybe it is just part of the gentrification of the game, but we all seem more passive now, waiting to be entertained.[/quote]I agree.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="wishiwasthere"]you''re getting slated cos you wont shut up! Money talks and some people have to pick and choose when they watch so why not watch when you''re more likely to enjoy it. It''s not like 10,000 fans are doing it. The ones you need to slate are the ones who start booing the team...last season and the first game of this season, the team deserved the boos as they rolled over and died without a fight. This season they''ve been immense and the first blip in form and the boos start...they''re the ones you need to slate not the ones who came to support city! No havent you got some homework to do?
[/quote]

Grow up.
[/quote]Brendo, learn when to leave well alone, and you wonder why you are getting all the stick!!!

[/quote]

What so he is calling me a child, yet using childish insults over me? So I could then say he has dementia, and should be taking his medication. No because that''s assuming he is old, when he probably is not so old. Why do others also think they are a big man patronising a small, feeble 15 year old. [:(] Off to slit my throat I go.
[/quote]

You are getting this sort of reaction because you are behaving like a spoilt child who keeps demanding his own way regardless.I really do suggest that you stop posting and have a serious think about what you are doing to your standing on here.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="wishiwasthere"]you''re getting slated cos you wont shut up! Money talks and some people have to pick and choose when they watch so why not watch when you''re more likely to enjoy it. It''s not like 10,000 fans are doing it. The ones you need to slate are the ones who start booing the team...last season and the first game of this season, the team deserved the boos as they rolled over and died without a fight. This season they''ve been immense and the first blip in form and the boos start...they''re the ones you need to slate not the ones who came to support city! No havent you got some homework to do?[/quote]Grow up. [/quote]Brendo, learn when to leave well alone, and you wonder why you are getting all the stick!!!

[/quote]What so he is calling me a child, yet using childish insults over me? So I could then say he has dementia, and should be taking his medication. No because that''s assuming he is old, when he probably is not so old. Why do others also think they are a big man patronising a small, feeble 15 year old. [:(] Off to slit my throat I go. [/quote]

You are getting this sort of reaction because you are behaving like a spoilt child who keeps demanding his own way regardless.I really do suggest that you stop posting and have a serious think about what you are doing to your standing on here.

[/quote]I genuinely am not spoilt. However I understand how kids have it much easier these days with our playstations, not marbles and stuff.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

Grow up.

[/quote]

What so he is calling me a child, yet using childish insults over me? So I could then say he has dementia, and should be taking his medication. No because that''s assuming he is old, when he probably is not so old. Why do others also think they are a big man patronising a small, feeble 15 year old. [:(] Off to slit my throat I go.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I sit down, is that where i''ve been going wrong [:D]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

Grow up.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I genuinely am not spoilt. However I understand how kids have it much easier these days with our playstations, not marbles and stuff.
[/quote]

Marbles should not be sniffed at I won loads of money playing marbles

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]What so he is calling me a child, yet using childish insults over me? So I could then say he has dementia, and should be taking his medication. No because that''s assuming he is old, when he probably is not so old. Why do others also think they are a big man patronising a small, feeble 15 year old. [:(] Off to slit my throat I go. [/quote]

[/quote]I genuinely am not spoilt. However I understand how kids have it much easier these days with our playstations, not marbles and stuff.[/quote]

[/quote][:P] I meant that we have it easy these days with technology and you guys had to do stuff with more effort, and jumping jacks. [:)]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

Grow up.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I genuinely am not spoilt. However I understand how kids have it much easier these days with our playstations, not marbles and stuff.
[/quote]hey now i do take offence!!!! dont slag the ps3[;)] im 37 and im totally addicted to COD 6 mw2[:D]

just rise above the insults(all tho some r deserved)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

Grow up.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but those A4 sized pound notes were buggers to fold up weren''t they?[:D]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]I genuinely am not spoilt. However I understand how kids have it much easier these days with our playstations, not marbles and stuff.[/quote]hey now i do take offence!!!! dont slag the ps3[;)] im 37 and im totally addicted to COD 6 mw2[:D]

just rise above the insults(all tho some r deserved)

[/quote]Mw2 is awsome, isn''t it buddy. [:D] Fifa all the way though, UT this week. [:D][:D][:D]