Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

I think the fans are pathetic...

[quote user="Brendo "]Take it on the chin Brendo, and bounce back. [:)] Anyway, what I meant was as WAY described it, ''floating fans''. One''s which become a Norwich fan if we are doing well. Come on, you know what I mean! When we went up to the Prem we had loads of fans, loads of demand for tickets and stuff, how about now? Still cracking support but has declined. And yes it always happens lar dee dar, doesn''t mean it should!

How can no one see what I mean? I never said any Norwich fan was bad, just success affecting whether you go to a game is slightly annoying IMO!!!!!!!!!

Would we get 25,000 in the blue square? No! This is what I am talking about.

*Hold''s up Riot Shield*
[/quote]OH DEAR...YOU STILL BANGING ON BRENDO????  MAN UTD,REAL MADRID OR BARCELONA WOULDNT GET 25000+ IN THE BLUE SQUARE SO PLEASE DO GET A GRIP FFS!!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Brendo "]Take it on the chin Brendo, and bounce back. [:)] Anyway, what I meant was as WAY described it, ''floating fans''. One''s which become a Norwich fan if we are doing well. Come on, you know what I mean! When we went up to the Prem we had loads of fans, loads of demand for tickets and stuff, how about now? Still cracking support but has declined. And yes it always happens lar dee dar, doesn''t mean it should!How can no one see what I mean? I never said any Norwich fan was bad, just success affecting whether you go to a game is slightly annoying IMO!!!!!!!!! Would we get 25,000 in the blue square? No! This is what I am talking about. *Hold''s up Riot Shield*[/quote]OH DEAR...YOU STILL BANGING ON BRENDO????  MAN UTD,REAL MADRID OR BARCELONA WOULDNT GET 25000+ IN THE BLUE SQUARE SO PLEASE DO GET A GRIP FFS!![/quote]They might. A 80,000+ stadium could get 25,000 easily.

[quote user="Brendo "]Take it on the chin Brendo, and bounce back. [:)] Anyway, what I meant was as WAY described it, ''floating fans''. One''s which become a Norwich fan if we are doing well. Come on, you know what I mean! When we went up to the Prem we had loads of fans, loads of demand for tickets and stuff, how about now? Still cracking support but has declined. And yes it always happens lar dee dar, doesn''t mean it should!

How can no one see what I mean? I never said any Norwich fan was bad, just success affecting whether you go to a game is slightly annoying IMO!!!!!!!!!

Would we get 25,000 in the blue square? No! This is what I am talking about.

*Hold''s up Riot Shield*
[/quote]

About 20 people have already answered this question in the thread and you''re still prattling on.

You have been defeated and made to look a fool - give up.

I think its a good thing there is an increase in capacity at League One level, shows our fanbase is growing. This isn''t Royston Vasey Brendan, we don''t ask people if they are ''local'' I for one approve of more fans coming along.

Problem is you''re sort of right, but not the way you put it which was just idiotic in my opinion.

SOME of the fans (a small minority) are pathetic. The fans I''m talking about are those that have to moan or have a dig at the club, its almost like a virus in Norfolk, there is a lot of negativity around the place and people love a moan. Its about proving the small minority wrong, building on our recent good form (apart from the 2 losses) and getting out of this division! We''re in the driving seat and if we get out of this division perhaps it''ll shut those 1 or 2 ''pathetic'' fans up.

Yes GP. Did you not notice an increase in fan''s when we were in the Prem? I sure did by a long long way. I knew many people who got Norwich shirts, went to games etc when we were in the Prem, who are now an Arsenal fan or something.

Did you guys actually think I was talking to all Norwich fans? I aimed it at like 500 or so, and got probably the worst reaction on here I''ve ever seen, even worse than binner''s, what a welcoming bunch we are. [:)]

[quote user="Brendo "]Did you guys actually think I was talking to all Norwich fans? I aimed it at like 500 or so, and got probably the worst reaction on here I''ve ever seen, even worse than binner''s, what a welcoming bunch we are. [:)][/quote]The majority on this forum are on here to casually talk about all things Norwich related.Maybe you should have a long read over what you''ve said, how idiotic it sounds and has come across, and if you need to post, reply to all those who have said they have to pick and choose games for certain reasons.Worst of all, you can''t let it rest. You''re continuing to bleat on like some spoilt child who can''t get his own way. You wonder why people bring up your age in this? Because it smacks of ignorance and immaturity. Like people said, wait a few years till you have to pay yourself, have work / university (judging by this post, uni unlikely) commitments, as well as family or relationships (girlfriend? .....Boyfriend? [^o)]). Just leave it now and people will forget after a while.

football today is primarily an entertainment business and if people are not being entrertained at carrow road they will not come

we have around 17000 die hard fans who would stick with us through thick and thin (as proved in the days of rioch and hamilton)

the rest are just there to see good football or their local team - which of course i have no problem with

my point would be proven if we were ever to find ourselves in league two or below

[quote user="Brendo "]Did you guys actually think I was talking to all Norwich fans? I aimed it at like 500 or so, and got probably the worst reaction on here I''ve ever seen, even worse than binner''s, what a welcoming bunch we are. [:)]
[/quote]

Brendan....We haven''t all got crystal balls, so no we don''t know what you mean, you''ve wrote I think the fans are pathetic now what you should''ve wrote is Some fans are pathetic then you don''t get the reaction you didn''t want.

I don''t know what sort of reaction you was expecting when you aim that insult at fans who pay money week in week out to go and watch there clubs some from far away, for instance its a 200 mile round trip for me, and to be called pathetic is an insult.

Then you say we are worse than binners and are not welcoming? What do you expect? Some jumped up little shite comes on here and says we are pathetic and the reason you gave was rubbish! You are right as I''ve said before there are SOME pathetic fans but not for the reasons you state.

One more thing don''t get brave it doesn''t suit you.

[quote user="Brendo "]Yes GP. Did you not notice an increase in fan''s when we were in the Prem? I sure did by a long long way. I knew many people who got Norwich shirts, went to games etc when we were in the Prem, who are now an Arsenal fan or something.

[/quote]

well then give them an IQ test and i think you will find its under 20 :P

When you talking about a number of people between 500-1000 it could be any reason, people working, being Ill, holiday ect.....or some people might just not have money to buy tickets all the time so pick and chose, so would you rather go when we are doing well, or badley?

I get your point, but i don''t think its quite as bad as your making it out to be.....if you talked about man.u fans...well then you would have a point :P

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

[quote user="Brendo "]Yes GP. Did you not notice an increase in fan''s when we were in the Prem? I sure did by a long long way. I knew many people who got Norwich shirts, went to games etc when we were in the Prem, who are now an Arsenal fan or something. [/quote]

well then give them an IQ test and i think you will find its under 20 :P

When you talking about a number of people between 500-1000 it could be any reason, people working, being Ill, holiday ect.....or some people might just not have money to buy tickets all the time so pick and chose, so would you rather go when we are doing well, or badley?

I get your point, but i don''t think its quite as bad as your making it out to be.....if you talked about man.u fans...well then you would have a point :P

[/quote]That''s what I was talking about. [;)]

Having trawled through most of this thread I wonder really why you are so incensed Brendan. Why should it matter to you why a certain section of support didn''t attend/don''t attend? Unless you have a serious wish to become the next Andrew Cullen or have a job lined up in the Box Office I really can''t see what is troubling you.

Many posters have tried to explain and I don''t really want to repeat all they have said, save wait a few years until you have a) to pay for your ticket yourself from either a limited disposable income or b) have limited time and other commitments such as work or family, or even you are living away from Norfolk.

Crowd numbers go up and down. We have played better football than we are currently, with better players and in a higher league and we had gates of 10-15,000. Over the years the ticket prices have become better for families, and there is now an interest free season ticket payable by Direct Debit, amongst many other reasons. Whether or not you judge someone as fickle is really just down to your opinion. Every city fan has a reason for going to each match, and reasons for not going. I don''t think given the numbers seen at Carrow Road over the past ten or so years city fans deserve to be branded as fickle or glory hunters. In the third division? Don''t think so!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Brendo "]Did you guys actually think I was talking to all Norwich fans? I aimed it at like 500 or so, and got probably the worst reaction on here I''ve ever seen, even worse than binner''s, what a welcoming bunch we are. [:)][/quote]

Like people said, wait a few years till you have to pay yourself, have work / university (judging by this post, uni unlikely) (girlfriend? .....Boyfriend? [^o)]). [/quote]lol

[quote user="Askounin"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Brendo "]Did you guys actually think I was talking to all Norwich fans? I aimed it at like 500 or so, and got probably the worst reaction on here I''ve ever seen, even worse than binner''s, what a welcoming bunch we are. [:)][/quote]

Like people said, wait a few years till you have to pay yourself, have work / university (judging by this post, uni unlikely) (girlfriend? .....Boyfriend? [^o)]). [/quote]lol[/quote]You must not think I''m not that stupid, if I could go to Uni. [:)]

I do think Brendan has a bit of a point tbh because i understand for financial reasons, distance travelled or commintments people have to pick and choose games, but the fact 25,500 turned up against Harlpool when we had just gone top of the league does seem a bit glory hunterish if you know what i mean. Why didnt those extra 500 turn up against Hudderfeild or Charlton who are bigger teams than Hartlpool? It seems to me that they turned up for the Harlpool game just cause we where top of the league.Surely their commitments, expences and travel where not any different at the time of the Huddersfeild or Charlton games? So after all they are glory hunters, but maby not pathetic.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Askounin"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Brendo "]Did you guys actually think I was talking to all Norwich fans? I aimed it at like 500 or so, and got probably the worst reaction on here I''ve ever seen, even worse than binner''s, what a welcoming bunch we are. [:)][/quote]

Like people said, wait a few years till you have to pay yourself, have work / university (judging by this post, uni unlikely) (girlfriend? .....Boyfriend? [^o)]). [/quote]lol[/quote]You must not think I''m not that stupid, if I could go to Uni. [:)][/quote]Actually Brendan, i don''t think you''re stupid. You normally come across quite well spoken (or typed, in this case) and quite often make sense. Unfortunately, this thread is an exception and you haven''t really shown stupidity, just naivety and perhaps ignorance.

This is a ridiculous thread. Sorry I''ve not read through the whole of this thread so if the following point has already been made I apologize. The reason attendances goes up when the team is successful is not because some ''glory hunter'' fans materialize out of nowhere. What happens is that many of those who usually go mainly home and sometimes away find the time to go home and away. Those that make most home matches go to nearly all and take in a few away. Those that make a few home make it to more. Those who go rarely go, go to a few. It is pathetic to complain at the ''glory hunters'' when infact this phenominon is down to nearly all of us. Is it surprising people are prepared to spend more of their time supporting their club when it offers something more than the misery and despair we''ve seen in recent seasons?! 

[quote user="Askounin"]I do think Brendan has a bit of a point tbh because i understand for financial reasons, distance travelled or commintments people have to pick and choose games, but the fact 25,500 turned up against Harlpool when we had just gone top of the league does seem a bit glory hunterish if you know what i mean. Why didnt those extra 500 turn up against Hudderfeild or Charlton who are bigger teams than Hartlpool? It seems to me that they turned up for the Harlpool game just cause we where top of the league.Surely their commitments, expences and travel where not any different at the time of the Huddersfeild or Charlton games? So after all they are glory hunters, but maby not pathetic.[/quote]Wheyy. Thank you Askounin. 3 now. [:)]

3 posters out of around 150 on this thread that don''t mind being called pathetic unless you are including yourself in the 3 of course.

Great odds

You mention people not turning up for the Walsall and Wycombe games.I was one of those people, but I can assure you it wasn''t because I didn''t want to go.End of August/Beginning of September are times when people tend to still be on their summer holidays.I love nothing more than a game of footy on a Saturday afternoon.That might explain something there :)

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]YOu don''t have to be clever to go to university brendan...you''re a prime example of that[/quote]He''s got nursery to contend with for now anyway [:D]

And more to argue my point. Today at school, was talking to a few mate''s and about I know about 10 poeple who I just talked to today who are going tonight. Even a few came up to me and asked me if I was going, as I normally do and they probably don''t. So that''s about 10 more now we are top of the league, maybe about 3 of those would normally go. [Y]

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]YOu don''t have to be clever to go to university brendan...you''re a prime example of that[/quote]You have just shown some pure intellegence right there. I''m a prime example of not being clever and going to uni, yet I''m still in my glory day''s at school.Well played. [Y]

[quote user="Brendo "]And more to argue my point.

Today at school, was talking to a few mate''s and about I know about 10 poeple who I just talked to today who are going tonight. Even a few came up to me and asked me if I was going, as I normally do and they probably don''t. So that''s about 10 more now we are top of the league, maybe about 3 of those would normally go.

[Y]
[/quote]

Your continuance of this line is bordering on the masochistic. I''m really starting to think that you might need help.

[quote user="Brendo "]And more to argue my point.

Today at school, was talking to a few mate''s and about I know about 10 poeple who I just talked to today who are going tonight. Even a few came up to me and asked me if I was going, as I normally do and they probably don''t. So that''s about 10 more now we are top of the league, maybe about 3 of those would normally go.

[Y]
[/quote]

Today at school, you clearly didn''t listen to your English teacher!

[quote user="canarytom"]

[quote user="Brendo "]And more to argue my point. Today at school, was talking to a few mate''s and about I know about 10 poeple who I just talked to today who are going tonight. Even a few came up to me and asked me if I was going, as I normally do and they probably don''t. So that''s about 10 more now we are top of the league, maybe about 3 of those would normally go. [Y][/quote]

Today at school, you clearly didn''t listen to your English teacher!

[/quote]I did a little actually, had English period 5. [:)]

[quote user="Brendo "]And more to argue my point. Today at school, was talking to a few mate''s and about I know about 10 poeple who I just talked to today who are going tonight. Even a few came up to me and asked me if I was going, as I normally do and they probably don''t. So that''s about 10 more now we are top of the league, maybe about 3 of those would normally go. [Y][/quote]I''m confused... You say that they ''probably don''t go normally'', but they are definitely 10 new people who don''t go. (Well, 7...)Still, having 24k+ fans at every game and the highest (aside from the part time Leeds supporters) average attendances in the league is not pathetic. Hell, a fluctuation of 2k fans between highest and lowest in attendances is amazing. Not many other clubs would boast that I feel.

[quote user="Sephiroth Owa"][quote user="Brendo "]And more to argue my point. Today at school, was talking to a few mate''s and about I know about 10 poeple who I just talked to today who are going tonight. Even a few came up to me and asked me if I was going, as I normally do and they probably don''t. So that''s about 10 more now we are top of the league, maybe about 3 of those would normally go. [Y][/quote]I''m confused... You say that they ''probably don''t go normally'', but they are definitely 10 new people who don''t go. (Well, 7...)Still, having 24k+ fans at every game and the highest (aside from the part time Leeds supporters) average attendances in the league is not pathetic. Hell, a fluctuation of 2k fans between highest and lowest in attendances is amazing. Not many other clubs would boast that I feel.[/quote]Indeed we have fantastic support. [:D] No doubting that.