Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

I think the fans are pathetic...

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Going back to your Colchester debate Brendan... try looking at it like this. The opening day of the season naturally brings more fans than the average attendance because people who can''t usually afford tickets, or who can''t normally get to games, will pull all the strings they can to get to the game, BECAUSE it''s the season opener. It was also Colchester who some fans deem to be our "local rivals" in league one, naturally you will get bigger crowds.

As for the recent matches, yesterday was Southampton, arguably despite their position as a result of the point deduction, the second best footballing team in the league behind us (I rate them higher than the likes of Leeds for current squad and potential), yesterday was also half term weekend and was also bound to be a much more competitive game than the likes of Wycombe, so naturally, those fans who have to pick and choose their games will pick and choose games such as Southampton.[/quote]Thank you for actually debating the topic in hand, rather than "You are a tosser". And that has actually made me think slightly differently. I still believe the FEW fans who have turned up BECAUSE we are winning are pathetic. But now I realise it is alot less than I thought.

Of course more poeple will be going if we are doing well and winning games. That''s football. If Man United got relgated, do you still think they would get 70,000 people going to watch them at Old Trafford against Plymouth or Sunthorpe ?

People can''t go to every game. People have to work, have morgages to pay, but that does not make them any less of a fan than you, just because you go to every game becuase you have a season ticket. When you get to about 18 years old and you''re Dad doesn''t buy your season ticket, are you still going to have enought money to go to every game ? Just face it that becuase people are wanting to watch us at the moment while we are top of the league, and we deserve it after what we have had to watch after the last few seasons.

Brendan, just say you were drunk, kidding or someone hacked your account and then we can all move on.[:)]

I''m not saying I am anymore of a fan. But people who go BECAUSE WE ARE WINNING are pathetic. I go to watch Norwich City Football Club as I love them, not because we are doing alright. I completely understand that people cannot afford it. Surely though there is a reason why coincidently higher attendances when we are doing well? May I ask if any of you go to more games when we are winning? Or more imporatntly if winning is a factor in you going to a game. I would say that makes you less of a fan.

No. I do not go to more games when we are winning. It is rare that i get a chance to go to a game. I work 4 days a week at the least and iv only just turned 17 so i am still unable to get there. I have been to a couple of games this season and because i have had no holidays left, i have had to be unpaid to go and watch Norwich. Obviously people will not want to spend their hard earned money watching us if we lose about 5 games in a row, but they will when we are winning. When you have to pay for yourself to go to Norwich games, you will understand why the attendances get higher when teams are winning

Most of your posts make some sense but this is just the work of a complete nob. If what you say is to hold water then only “true” supporters should go to the matches! So what was attendance like back in the day when some now league clubs were in the conference or whatever amateur league it may have been? Did support not increase as they had more success? As for me I’m just a “glory hunter” Got my first half season ticket in the promotion season. Still a season ticket holder way down in the 3rd div. What does that make me? Actually three of us ticket holders now. Don’t post like a twit Brenda.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[quote user="Brendan"]The ones which have suddenly turned up in the last two games now we''re top of the league. Since reaching the summit, we''ve had two 25,000+ attendances. If you''re here to support a ''winning team'' then gladly Pee off and do something else with your time.
[/quote]

You are a 100% class A prat.

Success breeds support, it''s a fact of life.

There are people out there that don''t "love the club" as much as you do - so what? Does that make them bad people? Should they not be allowed to go casually?

But clearly I''m wrong, you obviously are more passionate about the club than anyone else on the planet.

[/quote]

Post of the day - LOL!

Cut him some slack people, he''s what, 16?

We were all naive at that age.

Think of it this way though Brendan. Back during the dark days of those 9 years stuck in the Championship, our averages were far lower than they are now. Hell, i remember us getting 11,000 for one particular home game. It wasn''t until the playoff season that things started to pick up.

Without those extra 14,000 fans who''ve come out of the woodwork since then, we''d be in far worse financial difficulties than we already are. How can their support, for whatever reason it''s offered, be a bad thing?

It''s just the way football works. Get used to it, it happens at every football club.

I usually just read through this forum but decided i had to sign up and respond to this rubbish!

Being a student, i dont have a great deal of money i can splash around, and no longer have my season ticket as obviously moved away, so therefore can only make the odd game these days. So therefore why shouldnt i be allowed to pick the games i go to depending on who we are playing, or how we are playing. I have spent so much money on watching us play some s*** the last few years, and will carry on to do so. But sometimes people cant justify the expenditure going to every game, and are more likely to go to games when they are likely to be entertained and likely to come away feeling happy.

This year has been the first year in a long time when i have been going to games feeling optimistic before a game, and therefore want to go to more than usual. When you get older you will realise its not nice going to watch some s*** gutless performances, and forking out a large amount of money to follow it across the country!

[quote user="nxs725"]I usually just read through this forum but decided i had to sign up and respond to this rubbish! Being a student, i dont have a great deal of money i can splash around, and no longer have my season ticket as obviously moved away, so therefore can only make the odd game these days. So therefore why shouldnt i be allowed to pick the games i go to depending on who we are playing, or how we are playing. I have spent so much money on watching us play some s*** the last few years, and will carry on to do so. But sometimes people cant justify the expenditure going to every game, and are more likely to go to games when they are likely to be entertained and likely to come away feeling happy. This year has been the first year in a long time when i have been going to games feeling optimistic before a game, and therefore want to go to more than usual. When you get older you will realise its not nice going to watch some s*** gutless performances, and forking out a large amount of money to follow it across the country![/quote]

You''ve only started posting because we''re winning. It''s pathetic and you deserve all the derision that Brenda is sure to throw at you![;)]

I''ve never liked you Brendan but you are truely embarrassing yourself with this thread and have probably lost any dignity you did have.

Football is fundamentally an entertainment industry, it is a spectator sport. A good, winning team = entertainment. Thus, casual supporters will go when they can and when they choose and in all liklihood when the team is more successful. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

We probably all started out as casual supporters, going to the odd game here and there.

You should be ashamed of yourself. We really don''t need blind support like yours.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Brendan, how can you being there vouch for the official attendance? Did you count them all yourself, of have a group of friends dedicated to the same cause as you count how many went into each gate and how many left early?[/quote]You really do America''s reputation no favours.

[quote user="Brendo "]I''m not saying I am anymore of a fan. But people who go BECAUSE WE ARE WINNING are pathetic. I go to watch Norwich City Football Club as I love them, not because we are doing alright. I completely understand that people cannot afford it. Surely though there is a reason why coincidently higher attendances when we are doing well? May I ask if any of you go to more games when we are winning? Or more imporatntly if winning is a factor in you going to a game. I would say that makes you less of a fan. [/quote]So last year, you numpty, how do you explain the crowds of 24,000 while we were busy getting relegated?  Or is your post only aimed at the extra 500 or so people who have turned up since then?

Hogesar, dont be such a patronising idiot. You have said yourslf you are only 18 so stop bringing age into it, your just a kid yourself. So Brenden made a fool of himself, big deal, does not need grown men slating him, the trick is you say i disagree and put your point across, not resorting to childish insults. Some of you should be ashamed to call yourselves grown men.

I used to, some years ago, have a thing against what I would call "glory supporters" but now, I think it''s a different story. Last season was, in shoer, pathetic. Watching a match at Carrow Road wasn''t cheap. Why pay £20 plus to watch a pathetic game? It''s entertainment and perhaps should be judged as so. If you don''t get entertained watching Norwich during a particular part of the season, then who''s to judge that you should or shouldn''t watch them?

Anyone watching Villa v Burnley?

Villa are one down and Andy Gray has just commented that the ground is pretty full but the crowd are really subdued.

Villa supporters eh? Just like us bloody awful!!!!

God I hate all these "I''m a bigger fan than you", "I''ve more right to my team than you because I''m more of a supporter" posts.

Utter b0ll0cks

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Escape2Victory"][quote user="Brendan"]The ones which have suddenly turned up in the last two games now we''re top of the league. Since reaching the summit, we''ve had two 25,000+ attendances. If you''re here to support a ''winning team'' then gladly Pee off and do something else with your time.
[/quote] Right.. We average 94% of our capacity (http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/attend.html) and you have to consider that the away allocation does not always sell out. Todays attendance was 23,103 according to canaries.co.uk, which is less than numerous gates before xmas. Don''t let the facts get in the way of boosting your post-count though. Idiot.[/quote]

Just a shame it was infact 25,103 today. I was there and can vouch for that fact. Don''t get me wrong, the money from these glory hunter''s does wonders for us. [:)] Just I wouldn''t call these decent fans at all.
[/quote]Nothing like an ignorant idiot to make a ridiculous generalisation.

Yesterday was my second game this season, so according to you I''m not a decent fan.  I had been a season ticket holder for 12 years (yes I was there when the average crowd was about 13-14000 and you were about 2 years old).  The second half of last season, for a combination of work and family commitments, I only made about 3 games, so this season I didn''t get a season ticket.  Yesterday I took my brother and 2 nephews to the game as a birthday present, as there were tickets available. 

So does this make me a ''pathetic'' ''glory hunter'' who should ''pee off''?

I can''t wait until we have a 34,000 capacity Carra Rudd, we are struggling at the foot of the Premier and crowds have fell back to 25,000 from a previous average 32,000.  And then resurrect this post!

[quote user="Albinozak"]Hogesar, dont be such a patronising idiot. You have said yourslf you are only 18 so stop bringing age into it, your just a kid yourself. So Brenden made a fool of himself, big deal, does not need grown men slating him, the trick is you say i disagree and put your point across, not resorting to childish insults. Some of you should be ashamed to call yourselves grown men.[/quote]I''m not being patronising in the slightest. Beausement etc are all fans on here who have experienced a great deal more than i have. He''s the ones Brendan''s insulting, not necessarily me. Lots of people including me did put our points across, in fact i made mine evidently clear several times yet Brenda decided to ignore and continue on his high horse of an ''im right'' attitude.Yes, im 18, and thats one of many reasons why i would never criticise our fan base, as there are fans who have been around alot longer than i have.Also, you say i''m only a kid then refer to ''grown men'' slating him. I only bring age into it like others because its probably relevant as he clearly hasn''t researched the 14,000 regular attendances we used to get.

Brendo your prat...

The last two games were both potentially record breaking matches in the clubs entire history.

so WTF do you expect!!!???

Also perhaps some people live lives which means they can''t always make it to CR.

Its like moaning at fans because they only go to away games within easy distance.

Do you make it to away games BRENDO??

are you the most die hard of all.

shut up moaning for the sake of it.

You are the sort of fan that brings this club down,

NEVER HAPPY WITH YOUR LOT!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Albinozak"]Hogesar, dont be such a patronising idiot. You have said yourslf you are only 18 so stop bringing age into it, your just a kid yourself. So Brenden made a fool of himself, big deal, does not need grown men slating him, the trick is you say i disagree and put your point across, not resorting to childish insults. Some of you should be ashamed to call yourselves grown men.[/quote]

I''m not being patronising in the slightest. Beausement etc are all fans on here who have experienced a great deal more than i have. He''s the ones Brendan''s insulting, not necessarily me. Lots of people including me did put our points across, in fact i made mine evidently clear several times yet Brenda decided to ignore and continue on his high horse of an ''im right'' attitude.

Yes, im 18, and thats one of many reasons why i would never criticise our fan base, as there are fans who have been around alot longer than i have.

Also, you say i''m only a kid then refer to ''grown men'' slating him. I only bring age into it like others because its probably relevant as he clearly hasn''t researched the 14,000 regular attendances we used to get.
[/quote]

To be honest mate, I tend to forget you''re 18 because you post good stuff and I enjoy your blog. Brendan has made a prat of himself and I''m guessing that Albinozak is either his Dad, his Mum or one of his mates. Best to just ignore it, as there''s only one loser on this thread.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Albinozak"]Hogesar, dont be such a patronising idiot. You have said yourslf you are only 18 so stop bringing age into it, your just a kid yourself. So Brenden made a fool of himself, big deal, does not need grown men slating him, the trick is you say i disagree and put your point across, not resorting to childish insults. Some of you should be ashamed to call yourselves grown men.[/quote]

I''m not being patronising in the slightest. Beausement etc are all fans on here who have experienced a great deal more than i have. He''s the ones Brendan''s insulting, not necessarily me. Lots of people including me did put our points across, in fact i made mine evidently clear several times yet Brenda decided to ignore and continue on his high horse of an ''im right'' attitude.

Yes, im 18, and thats one of many reasons why i would never criticise our fan base, as there are fans who have been around alot longer than i have.

Also, you say i''m only a kid then refer to ''grown men'' slating him. I only bring age into it like others because its probably relevant as he clearly hasn''t researched the 14,000 regular attendances we used to get.
[/quote]

To be honest mate, I tend to forget you''re 18 because you post good stuff and I enjoy your blog. Brendan has made a prat of himself and I''m guessing that Albinozak is either his Dad, his Mum or one of his mates. Best to just ignore it, as there''s only one loser on this thread.

[/quote]OT, beau PM u mate[Y]