Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

One hopes and trusts.

From all reports we have not played particularly well for several games now.

One hopes that none of the players are starting to believe their own publicity, but - if so - one trusts that Lambert and his team have the ability to cope with that kind of thing without it becoming a major issue.

I am not suggesting that this issue has arisen, but it is quite prevalent in professional football these days. I''m just casting around a bit as I''m not convinced that the reason(s) we have gone off the boil for a time have been properly identified.

Then again are RMartin/Nelson/Rose (75% of the back line) anywhere as near as good as Otsemobor/Askou/Drury?

Hughes was identified with several of our better earler season prformances by several posters - why hasn''t he been given more playing time?

Korey Smith is pretty young to have played so many high profile matches. Maybe he should be rested for a few games?

I''ll stop nattering now.

Lambert ought to be able to sort things against Southend & Oldham and get up a full head of steam again, if he''s as good as we think he is. The sooner this little dip is nipped in the bud the better - we''ve had our ''Leeds passages'' in the past!

Let''s hope and trust.

OTBC

With so much gloating and hysteria on this site it will come as a shock for many...... but not me.

I''m afraid I can see us sliding back into the play-offs at best..... and remember well being 12 points clear in the Premiership not so long back.

With us on the slide at that stage the likes of Southampton and Colchester will take us to the cleaners.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

With so much gloating and hysteria on this site it will come as a shock for many...... but not me.

I''m afraid I can see us sliding back into the play-offs at best..... and remember well being 12 points clear in the Premiership not so long back.

With us on the slide at that stage the likes of Southampton and Colchester will take us to the cleaners.

[/quote]

I hate fans like you who feed off of any loss and get pleasure from moaning and spreading doom & gloom. Nobody can honestly say that they expect us to finish in playoffs at BEST!!

Christ we have lost one game but are still at the top of the league and have a good squad/manager who will take us as far as they possibly can.

Stop being pathetic and sort yourself out. [:@]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From all reports we have not played particularly well for several games now.

One hopes that none of the players are starting to believe their own publicity, but - if so - one trusts that Lambert and his team have the ability to cope with that kind of thing without it becoming a major issue.

I am not suggesting that this issue has arisen, but it is quite prevalent in professional football these days. I''m just casting around a bit as I''m not convinced that the reason(s) we have gone off the boil for a time have been properly identified.

Then again are RMartin/Nelson/Rose (75% of the back line) anywhere as near as good as Otsemobor/Askou/Drury?

Hughes was identified with several of our better earler season prformances by several posters - why hasn''t he been given more playing time?

Korey Smith is pretty young to have played so many high profile matches. Maybe he should be rested for a few games?

I''ll stop nattering now.

Lambert ought to be able to sort things against Southend & Oldham and get up a full head of steam again, if he''s as good as we think he is. The sooner this little dip is nipped in the bud the better - we''ve had our ''Leeds passages'' in the past!

Let''s hope and trust.

OTBC

[/quote]

A few interesting points there.  I agree about the defence part, no they are not as good, but I wouldn''t say Otsemobor is any better than R.Martin.  I also agree about Smith and Hughes.  This is Smith''s first full season in pro football so he needs a rest to recharge his batteries and get that energy back.  So how about for a couple of games swap Hughes for Smith, both similar players, lots of energy, get forward, good on the ball and don''t shy away from a tackle.

The next two matches I think is the time to make a few changes.

The Southend game is a good one for us to have so soon after the Southampton defeat.

Southen are a poor team and we should win and get some confidence back.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

Well that''s it then folks. Doomed.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Bly posts, it gets ignored so he bumps it using his alter ego, Cluck. Hmmmm![/quote]

You wish.

Let''s hope Mr Tilson hasn''t put you on any of his cases, Rudolph.

Dear oh dear.

But still. One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Bly posts, it gets ignored so he bumps it using his alter ego, Cluck. Hmmmm![/quote]

You wish.

Let''s hope Mr Tilson hasn''t put you on any of his cases, Rudolph.

Dear oh dear.

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

It amazes me that he/she/it should be so obsessed with us Bly.

Pretty rich as he/she/it is clearly the very bitter and twisted BlubBlubBlub in disguise....... he thinks.