Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

Doherty [Y]

I thought he was superb again today. With Russell out, and Smith on the bench, we were missing the two midfielders that usually run their socks off and help out the defence. Therefore Doherty and Nelson had twice as much to do and were exposed far more often to Southend attacks tonight. Doherty dealt with it superbly and I lost count of the number of last ditch tackles he timed to perfection to stop them getting a shot in at goal.

He may get a lot of stick from many fans but I don''t think anybody can doubt his performances this season. He''s a top class centre back in this league and I certainly wouldn''t replace him at the minute if Askou, Spillane and Whitbread were all fit.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I agree with you fully.  Doc and Nelson were awesome tonight.  With a powderpuff midfield in front of them they coped admirably.[/quote]Agreed.Nelson had his best game in a while, and actually had his boots on the right feet for this game.

Another excellent performance from the Doc tonight. Nelson also defended very well again, he didn''t have his best game against Southampton but tonight he got right back into it and thoroughly deserves his place in the team.

Also, I thought Russell Martin did very well.

Good shout regarding Russell Martin there GJP.  Think him and McNamee have potential down that side together - I wish he''d go outside and overlap a little more when we''re going forwards though.  But certainly defensively he did very little wrong tonight.

[quote user="GJP"]

Another excellent performance from the Doc tonight. Nelson also defended very well again, he didn''t have his best game against Southampton but tonight he got right back into it and thoroughly deserves his place in the team.

Also, I thought Russell Martin did very well.

[/quote]Shame Rose had an absolute shocker. The quicker Drury''s back, the better...