Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

Anglia News

Here''s something absolutely true and not a little wierd.I saw an old mate of mine at work today (here in Bristol) where I live.  I haven''t seen him for a few years because he was posted to Malaysia as part of his job.  He said to me today that he was going back there, so I asked if it was for work again.  He said, "no for a holiday to see a friend he''d made while out there called Tony Fernando" (is that the correct spelling?).  As you can imagine, I was a bit shocked and asked if this was the same Tony who owned Air Asia.  "Oh yeah" replied my mate, "that''s how he can afford to take his family there on holiday as Tony''s contacts in the airline business gets him all sorts of perks that he passes on to friends".  Aparently their kids went to school together.This mate of mine isn''t keyed into football at all and would know the connection between Tony and NCFC, so I''m pretty sure he wasn''t winding me up.  My parting shot was to say that, if this is true, please can he put in a good word for us.

We just caught the very end of this report on Anglia just now but didn''t get the gist of what was said. It must have been quite important as the Anglia crew were camped out at CR again tonight.

Can anyone please sum up what the interview or news item was about?

Many thanks.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]We just caught the very end of this report on Anglia just now but didn''t get the gist of what was said. It must have been quite important as the Anglia crew were camped out at CR again tonight.

Can anyone please sum up what the interview or news item was about?

Many thanks.[/quote]Basically Tony fernandes has said he would be intrested in investing at CR but time will tell

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Thanks for that, hope it''s on the news again or in the EDP tomorrow[/quote]I saw it and it was slightly misleading.You never heard the question correctly that the reporter put to him, and the answer was possibly ambiguous.  Personally I think there is something going to happen, but no one will say anything in public. They seemed to imply that the guy wants to buy the club outright as opposed to just invest.

The interview can be seen at http://www.itv.com/anglia/fullprogramme/?intcmp=NAV_ANGLIATO0_FULLPROG4 it''s 7mins 40 secs in to the programme.