Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

If We Do Get Promoted...

[quote user="First Wazzock"]Who is good enough for the Championship and who will need replacing?[/quote]Me an'' Beauseant an'' Nutty an'' Blah will be ok but you an'' smudger an'' the Butler will have to go..............

We would need more pace. McNamee is good, but we need balance, so another winger.Holt and Martin is an average Championship strikeforce.We clearly need to sort the keeper situation out.Backfour, our full backs, well, Drury is alright in my eyes, but will need replacing one day. Spillane would be might right back, with Russel Martin as cover.Askou and Doc is a solid Championship defence for me. Nelson and Whitbread are decent cover.Midfield, Hughes can play championship, I think Smith might struggle.Russel is established, as is Hoolahan, and McNamee will be a threat.We just need to strengthen our squad really, they can do the job. I reckon we''d be a bottom half championship side at best with these players.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wazzock"]Who is good enough for the Championship and who will need replacing?[/quote]Me an'' Beauseant an'' Nutty an'' Blah will be ok but you an'' smudger an'' the Butler will have to go..............[/quote]

[*][:D]

[quote user="AJ"]We would need more pace. McNamee is good, but we need balance, so another winger.

Holt and Martin is an average Championship strikeforce.

We clearly need to sort the keeper situation out.

Backfour, our full backs, well, Drury is alright in my eyes, but will need replacing one day. Spillane would be might right back, with Russel Martin as cover.
Askou and Doc is a solid Championship defence for me. Nelson and Whitbread are decent cover.

Midfield, Hughes can play championship, I think Smith might struggle.
Russel is established, as is Hoolahan, and McNamee will be a threat.

We just need to strengthen our squad really, they can do the job. I reckon we''d be a bottom half championship side at best with these players.
[/quote]

I would agree pretty much with all of this.

As Rose is only on loan until the end of the season I think he will be out.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Rose - Good enough

These are all predictions/opinions
On a serious note:
Holt
Martin
Hools
Askou
Hughes
Mcnamee
Drury
Russell
Smith
Forster
Rudd

Not sures:
Johnson
McDonald
R.Martin
OTJ
Gill
Wiggins

Not:
Nelson
Rose
Mcveigh
Lappin
Theoklitos

[/quote]

I think I would have put Gill and OTJ in in the not section. I think we need to see more of Wiggins before deciding.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Rose - Good enoughThese are all predictions/opinionsOn a serious note:Holt Martin Hools Askou Hughes Mcnamee Drury Russell SmithForsterRudd

Not sures:JohnsonMcDonaldR.MartinOTJGillWiggins

Not:NelsonRoseMcveighLappinTheoklitos

[/quote]

I think I would have put Gill and OTJ in in the not section. I think we need to see more of Wiggins before deciding.

[/quote]Well we haven''t actually seen much of either of them this season.

Heres a controversial one - assuming a more likely 442 in the championship ( Lambert never wanted to play the diamond ) we will need to replace Hoolahan. Best player in league 1 probably amongst the top 20 in the championship - but as a left winger pants.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wazzock"]Who is good enough for the Championship and who will need replacing?[/quote]Me an'' Beauseant an'' Nutty an'' Blah will be ok but you an'' smudger an'' the Butler will have to go..............[/quote]

You''ve got it wrong again!! I''m afraid lower Championship level is not on in the new dispensation. Just not on. All four of your lot will have to go, Lappy! You see, you''re doomed. Doomed!

The Canary Purists, including Butler and Smudger, and will press onwards and upwards out of the doll''s house as we seek the promised land led by Bowker, McNally and Lambert.

Sorry, but it''s a tough new world up there.

Still. One love. Always.

OTBC