Sign in to follow this  
NCFC4LIFE

Rant!!!!

Its amazing to me how people can turn up to Carrow Road and within 10 minutes get on the players backs?! Our first 5 minutes was outstanding last night we got the ball down and both Hoolahan and McNamee were both causing their defence problems.

Despite this our fans decided to pounce on the first chance to jump on the players backs, Rose, Lappin and Hughes especially. Now i will be the first to admit that these players didnt have the best games but it is truley frustrating for me to hear fans around me F''in and blinding that early in a game!! Even the Southend fans noticed it, reading a forum of theirs, saying couldnt believe how much we moaned at our players.

Think some City fans forget that these are the same players that have put us in the position we are in at the moment TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!

The noise level in the ground again was shocking, a chant of your support is F*uK*n S*It sang out in the first half from our fans directed at the away section...... Your Joking right???

To conclude this pointless rant, speaking last night with my pals I go to the footy with i understand football atmosphere is generated from game incident or team performance, i get that. But we are top of the league if thats not enough to sing about i dont know what is........

Well done to Olli Johnson great second goal well taken, chuffed for him. Really nice lad was speaking to him on a night out seems down to earth and i think deserves everything coming to him.

OTBC

here here, with capacity crowds, shifts and finances not allowing me to go to carra rud too much, it annoys the hell outta me when those who do go take the opportunity to moan. Perhaps the problem with doing well, fans come outta the woodwork and don''t like it when we have a bit of a wobble. 25k fans is brilliant tho, and helps the clubs finances, but seriously if you don''t like it don''t go, there are fans out there who want to see the boys in yella.

If you think our fans rant then just look at the Leeds fans. I really struggle with fans who expect other fans to support our players come what may. I agree you shouldnt immediately get on players backs but Hughes Lappin and Rose''s performance in the first half was appalling and I can not remember any of the Southend players playing at that poor a level.I thought the crowd were very supportive considering the fragile non coherent performance and as soon as they had something to support in Ole and Smith who immediately got stuck in in the midfield the volume increased.All players have off days and I will never get on their backs for that but the way Hughes and Lappin wandered around midfield never really getting stuck in or running was shocking. Rose I fear is just not good enough for this league mainly lacks pace

I pay my money to come and watch the football, if it is not up to a standard i expect then i have every right to express my opinion. I am not expecting miricles just a good standard of passing, movement and effort. I hate the fact we looked like an average league one side last night for a majority of the game and i don''t think there is anything at all wrong with expecting better. For a club of our size and stature we should be rolling over teams like Southend at home. Had we played a better side last night we would of got beat and heavily!

If you feel that the preformace for 70 mins last night was an acceptable one for a team looking to return to the championship then you must have the most rose tinted glasses on earth.

CJ you really have not a clue.... Hughes was getting stuck in a greta deal in fact that wasn''t the problem for him last night it was the fact that when he got the ball he was choosing the wrong pass, i felt that he was trying too hard to pull a 40 yard pass out instead of looking for the simple ball.

Lappin i felt had glimpses of looking alright last night but was given a role he was not use to, Lappin is lightweight and cant put himself about like Russel and Smith. Unfair to have the finger pointed at him.

Rose was shocking i agree!!

The Crowd were not supporting one bit, with throw in''s and delayed passes, moans and groans were at volume which lead to mistakes and wrong passes chosen.....

City fans expect way too much at a constant rate!!! Every team has a blip in a season this is ours deal with it......

Study very carefully the Southend goal if I havent a clue Hughes was terrible and he didnt try a 40 yard pass just seemed not to give a fig that he had the ball then lost it in a very dangerous place, and he did that many times. His fitness was appalling also

All well and good packing 25,000 in but what difference does it actually make if the vast, vast majority make no noise apart from moaning? Honestly, what is going on? There must be a core of about 750-1000 in blocks D and E of the Barclay that try to create some atmosphere and maybe 500 in the Snakepit.

So there''s maybe 2000 out of 24,000 home fans that actually get behind them on any sort of regular basis. This is part of the reason that chants die out so quickly. I''m not expecting the whole ground to sing all game, but there were two lads stood next to me last night that did not make a peep. Why get tickets in one of the main singing sections if you intend to stand there drinking coffee?

Although, I will say that it doesn''t help when some people at the back of the Barclay are bang out of order (anyone there last night will know what I mean).

There was a better atmosphere ten years ago when we got 14-15,000. I''m not suggesting that we go back to those attendances (we can''t afford to) but those are the facts.

[quote user="The Duke"]

I pay my money to come and watch the football, if it is not up to a standard i expect then i have every right to express my opinion. I am not expecting miricles just a good standard of passing, movement and effort. I hate the fact we looked like an average league one side last night for a majority of the game and i don''t think there is anything at all wrong with expecting better. For a club of our size and stature we should be rolling over teams like Southend at home. Had we played a better side last night we would of got beat and heavily!

If you feel that the preformace for 70 mins last night was an acceptable one for a team looking to return to the championship then you must have the most rose tinted glasses on earth.

[/quote]

By all means express your opinion, but I suggest the appropriate time for that is after the game has finished. Booing at half time doesn''t achieve anything, the players and Lambo knew things weren''t going well without booing.

We won, that''s the important thing. Performance is irrelevant so long as we keep that up. The attitude of "we should be rolling over teams like Southend at home" is exactly why it becomes harder as I''m sure the players can feel the weight of expectation on their shoulders. Patience is key in my opinion.

The Southend goal was a list of errors on our behalf.

Hughes gave it away

Rose should of cut it out on the flank

Doc could of done better with the cross.

Forster was beaten at his near post.

It summed our night up last night.

Two positives i brought out of last night were the fact we won playing so badly.. and McNamee. I just hope it wasn''t a one off and that he continues in that vain on Saturday!

I never said i booed to be fair. just had a good moan. I have only ever booed at two Norwich matches. both at Home v Burnley in Worthingtons last game and v Charlton in Roeders last game in charge. Both i feel we''re for good reason.

[quote user="The Duke"]

[/quote]

You perfectly illustrate the difference between a customer and a supporter. Your first sentence suggests to me that you are more of a customer.

Getting on the player''s backs during the course of a match will only make things worse.

I have been a proud Norwich SUPPORTER for over 20 years. I have been brought up expecting to see Norwich play a certain way, passing attacking football by players a lot more capable than the bunch we have now. Unfortunately the currant squad will always be compared to previous ones and half the guys could lace Ian Crooks boots.

I do not and will never approve of Hoofball at FCR ala Rose last night and Nelson for pretty much the whole season. We are Norwich not Bolton or Blackburn if we lose our style of play we lose our identity as a football club.

I did not moan we lost to Southampton because they were by far the better team and all credit to them. Southend however with all due respect are a team who we should not even be playing in a league a let along nearly dropping points too.

CJ if you think that Hughes was the main factor to us conceding then you need to get yourself a check up.... There is three chances for the goal to be cut out,

1. Rose should of done better, he got done like a kipper down the left

2. Doc''s attempt to clear was awful

3. Nelson then had a second chance to clear and didnt.

Maybe your right his fitness isn''t 100% but my point is fans should not be getting on his back 10-15 minutes into the game when its clear to me that he is trying, why wouldnt he be trying to performe when Russel''s suspention has give him the chance to impress Lambert.

This is the problem me and my mates were talking about last night, our fans expect week in week out a performance that is top class passing like Arsenal, finishing like United and defending like Chelsea!!!! Its not going to happen the sooner our fans wake up and realise we are in League One the better.

Please dont think for one second i want to see kick and run football, because i dont. I feel strongly that we still have the best players in the League and have a great core of players to move up into the Championship next year, AND YES we can play some attractive stuff but not every week especially when teams like Southend try and come here and put the foot in. Simply is not going to happen.

OTBC