Sign in to follow this  
Jonnypncfc

Rose

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="Smudger"]Oh here we go Rose had a shocker from the King of SPAM fan club... [:$]Nothing to do with him having a crap midfielder in front of him who has no idea what a tackle is???[/quote]You talking about Wes?[/quote]No Lappin not Wes Chicken.[/quote]I take it you weren''t at the game today then? Hoolahan was on the left wing, then Chris Martin.Both were a bit poor.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Smudger"]Oh here we go Rose had a shocker from the King of SPAM fan club... [:$]Nothing to do with him having a crap midfielder in front of him who has no idea what a tackle is???[/quote]

For goodness sake,give it a rest.These guys went to the game so i will take their opinion over yours![Y]

[/quote]Lappin had a good game in my opinion.And yes, I was at the game.[/quote]So come on then Morty.  What did he do well?How many times did Lappin actually touch the ball?  How many tackles did he win and how many times did he find a yellow shirt?From the Radio Commentary and what Beau posted (I believe that he was at the game) he was anonymous.  Beau posted that he never even realised that Lappin was on the pitch earlier this evening.

He didn''t have a good game, he doesn''t seem to be a natural defender. That said I''m sure the manager has signed the best player he could given the circumstances.

It''s hard to see him being dropped until Drury comes back so we might as well stick by him rather than getting on his case but we do love to pick on someone so he could be in for a tough few weeks.

[quote user="ref89"]The midfielder in front of him was your beloved little Macnamee and Hoolahan switching, which was rather the issue in terms of why he was isolated.  Nothing to do with lappin.[quote user="Smudger"]Oh here we go Rose had a shocker from the King of SPAM fan club... [:$]Nothing to do with him having a crap midfielder in front of him who has no idea what a tackle is???[/quote][/quote]Funny that... I could of sworn that Neil Adams said that McNamee played down the right wing infront of Russel Martin until the double substitution of Korey and Oli was made in the 2nd half.Maybe Neil Adams doesn''t know his left from his right?PS - It''s McNamee... get used to the name as you will be seeing a lot more of it rather than Simon Lappin''s in Norwich City''s future!

[quote user="GJP"]

He didn''t have a good game, he doesn''t seem to be a natural defender. That said I''m sure the manager has signed the best player he could given the circumstances.

It''s hard to see him being dropped until Drury comes back so we might as well stick by him rather than getting on his case but we do love to pick on someone so he could be in for a tough few weeks.

[/quote]I would play Lappin there and get him out of the midfield where he has been struggling. Everyone''s a winner!

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Stranger44"]I''m probably being rather thick but can someone remind me how long Drury is out for?

I''d definitely bring back Wiggins. I''ve got a mate who''s a Palace fan who had nothing but praise for him and said that once he got over his injury he''d be one for the future. Must be at least worth another look.[/quote]Wiggins never played for Palace IIRC![/quote]

Have you ever heard of academy games or reserve games? Some people actually go to watch those. Not to mention Wales u21 games! He did actually have 1 first team appearance for Palace anyway. I could say that I thought Joe Lewis was good even though he never played for our first team.....

I think I ought to point out that Smudger did have a go at someone (WAY I think) after the Millwall game the other week after she based her opinion on some incident on what she heard on the radio so there''s a bit of double standards there methinks.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ref89"]The midfielder in front of him was your beloved little Macnamee and Hoolahan switching, which was rather the issue in terms of why he was isolated.  Nothing to do with lappin.[quote user="Smudger"]Oh here we go Rose had a shocker from the King of SPAM fan club... [:$]Nothing to do with him having a crap midfielder in front of him who has no idea what a tackle is???[/quote][/quote]Funny that... I could of sworn that Neil Adams said that McNamee played down the right wing infront of Russel Martin until the double substitution of Korey and Oli was made in the 2nd half.Maybe Neil Adams doesn''t know his left from his right?PS - It''s McNamee... get used to the name as you will be seeing a lot more of it rather than Simon Lappin''s in Norwich City''s future![/quote]Look if you''re going to be pedantic it''s COULD HAVE! "COULD OF" DOES NOT MAKE SENSE YOU IRRITATING TWUNT!!!!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ref89"]The midfielder in front of him was your beloved little Macnamee and Hoolahan switching, which was rather the issue in terms of why he was isolated.  Nothing to do with lappin.[quote user="Smudger"]Oh here we go Rose had a shocker from the King of SPAM fan club... [:$]Nothing to do with him having a crap midfielder in front of him who has no idea what a tackle is???[/quote][/quote]Funny that... I could of sworn that Neil Adams said that McNamee played down the right wing infront of Russel Martin until the double substitution of Korey and Oli was made in the 2nd half.Maybe Neil Adams doesn''t know his left from his right?PS - It''s McNamee... get used to the name as you will be seeing a lot more of it rather than Simon Lappin''s in Norwich City''s future![/quote]I may of missed a point in a flat 4-4-2 being played so it seems though?In which case some of the criticism aimed at Lappin would fall at Hoolahans feet (I never was a fan of his down that left hand side).  Still doesn''t say a lot about Lappin being anonymous though whether he was in the centre in a 4-4-2 or wide left in the diamond.He is still a work shy fop!

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ref89"]The midfielder in front of him was your beloved little Macnamee and Hoolahan switching, which was rather the issue in terms of why he was isolated.  Nothing to do with lappin.[quote user="Smudger"]Oh here we go Rose had a shocker from the King of SPAM fan club... [:$]Nothing to do with him having a crap midfielder in front of him who has no idea what a tackle is???[/quote][/quote]Funny that... I could of sworn that Neil Adams said that McNamee played down the right wing infront of Russel Martin until the double substitution of Korey and Oli was made in the 2nd half.Maybe Neil Adams doesn''t know his left from his right?PS - It''s McNamee... get used to the name as you will be seeing a lot more of it rather than Simon Lappin''s in Norwich City''s future![/quote]Look if you''re going to be pedantic it''s COULD HAVE! "COULD OF" DOES NOT MAKE SENSE YOU IRRITATING TWUNT!!!!!![/quote]If you don''t like what I post then you could of not read it! [:P]

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

I would play Lappin there and get him out of the midfield where he has been struggling. Everyone''s a winner!
[/quote]

That''s if Simon Lappin could bring himself to stop poncing around in the centre circle.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ref89"]The midfielder in front of him was your beloved little Macnamee and Hoolahan switching, which was rather the issue in terms of why he was isolated.  Nothing to do with lappin.[quote user="Smudger"]Oh here we go Rose had a shocker from the King of SPAM fan club... [:$]Nothing to do with him having a crap midfielder in front of him who has no idea what a tackle is???[/quote][/quote]Funny that... I could of sworn that Neil Adams said that McNamee played down the right wing infront of Russel Martin until the double substitution of Korey and Oli was made in the 2nd half.Maybe Neil Adams doesn''t know his left from his right?PS - It''s McNamee... get used to the name as you will be seeing a lot more of it rather than Simon Lappin''s in Norwich City''s future![/quote]

Smudger Lappin played centre midfield and in fairness to the guy desperately tried to cover for McNamee and Hoolahan. McNamee played mainly down the right - Hoolahan was completely lost and until told to wander in the middle when Olli and Korey came on was totally ineffective. As soon as he moved and was allowed to create the game changed. At one point trying to play 442 we had Hoolahan, Martin and Holt all down the left with no one to cross to. Winning makes all the difference to peoples opinions but the talk at half time was we have to change from 442 we are just getting torn apart. I agree McNamee was the best player on the pitch but there is Lamberts problem this caused so much inbalance that at times we were torn apart. Southend started with 1 upfront and as soon as they realised they could tear us apart put on an extra striker. Our saving grace tonight was that Nelson and Doc were immense on at least 4 occassions saved us going 2 down. The same applied to a couple of tackles by R Martin as both Nelson and Doc pushed forward. My opinion for what it is worth if McNamee plays and we carry on with 442 Hoolahan ( the best player in the league ) has to be left out. McNamees time will come in the Championship when Lambert can buy and sell to create a team capable of playing 442. After the last 3 seasons of despair I can quite easily deal with a few boring 1 - 0 wins rather than wonderful attractive football that sees us losing games 4 -3.

[quote user="Stranger44"]I''m probably being rather thick but can someone remind me how long Drury is out for?

I''d definitely bring back Wiggins. I''ve got a mate who''s a Palace fan who had nothing but praise for him and said that once he got over his injury he''d be one for the future. Must be at least worth another look.[/quote]In the program from tonight Lambert just said ''hes running again''. Will

be a few weeks, hopefully around the huddersfield game just in time for

the 3 toughies as we def need him back to tighten up the defence.

Russell will be about the same time after his suspension so the team

could look pretty strong for those games

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ref89"]The midfielder in front of him was your beloved little Macnamee and Hoolahan switching, which was rather the issue in terms of why he was isolated.  Nothing to do with lappin.[quote user="Smudger"]Oh here we go Rose had a shocker from the King of SPAM fan club... [:$]Nothing to do with him having a crap midfielder in front of him who has no idea what a tackle is???[/quote][/quote]Funny that... I could of sworn that Neil Adams said that McNamee played down the right wing infront of Russel Martin until the double substitution of Korey and Oli was made in the 2nd half.Maybe Neil Adams doesn''t know his left from his right?PS - It''s McNamee... get used to the name as you will be seeing a lot more of it rather than Simon Lappin''s in Norwich City''s future![/quote]

Smudger Lappin played centre midfield and in fairness to the guy desperately tried to cover for McNamee and Hoolahan. McNamee played mainly down the right - Hoolahan was completely lost and until told to wander in the middle when Olli and Korey came on was totally ineffective. As soon as he moved and was allowed to create the game changed. At one point trying to play 442 we had Hoolahan, Martin and Holt all down the left with no one to cross to. Winning makes all the difference to peoples opinions but the talk at half time was we have to change from 442 we are just getting torn apart. I agree McNamee was the best player on the pitch but there is Lamberts problem this caused so much inbalance that at times we were torn apart. Southend started with 1 upfront and as soon as they realised they could tear us apart put on an extra striker. Our saving grace tonight was that Nelson and Doc were immense on at least 4 occassions saved us going 2 down. The same applied to a couple of tackles by R Martin as both Nelson and Doc pushed forward. My opinion for what it is worth if McNamee plays and we carry on with 442 Hoolahan ( the best player in the league ) has to be left out. McNamees time will come in the Championship when Lambert can buy and sell to create a team capable of playing 442. After the last 3 seasons of despair I can quite easily deal with a few boring 1 - 0 wins rather than wonderful attractive football that sees us losing games 4 -3.[/quote]I agree with not playing 4-4-2 in the majority of matches.I have alsways said McNamee in for Lappin on the left of the diamond but perhaps we need Drury back prior to doing this?I am glad that you have praised Russel Martin as although I was not there it sounded like he and McNamee had the right hand side pretty much tied up defensively until we started to chase the game approaching the hour mark.  They were also creating plenty going forwards.  Apart from the last minute winner that was one of the big plus points for me tonight!

Back to Rose, I think that to me, he seems like a last minute kind of signing who is here to cover whilst Drury is injured and Wiggins gets back his fitness at Bournemouth, nothing more nothing less. That is how i reckon he sounds like he''s performing, to standard for a 2nd choice left back, nothing more nothing less, he''s already won us 2 points this season anyway, so makes the deal worth it surely! Despite that, i can''t wait for Drury to get back, he''s clearly better.

I thought Rose had a really poor game just hoofing the ball when IMO he had time to control it look up & pass it. We have for a very long time been known as a passing team & with Drury thats what you get he''s been brought up the Norwich way!

In terms of Lappin he has been playing well but last night he was no where near his best, that said for me our two shining lights were Macnamee & Johnson. Doc & Nelson had a decent game, the reat were below par. Why are we trying to walk the ball into the net? How many times last night did we get ourseleves in a good position & then seemed frightened to have a shot?

We have been struggling since the sending off of Holt, for me he looked far from his best last night his touches were heavy, a lot of his passes were weak & off target.

All teams have a wobble & I don''t expect anything different from us I just hope this is the end of ours!

Having said all that i went away from Carrow Road last night a happy man!

Terrible performance. Cant tackle and distribution is pathetic. The one time he wasnt hoofing the ball out of play (generally under non existant pressure), he passed across the back four apparently the only time in the first half southend had 4 players in the final third. Wiggins on saturday please.

WIGGINS is back from the cherries, surely PL has got to give him a go in the league. i actually though he did ok in the JPT and what i have seen of Rose hasn’t filled me with glee! Funny how our "mini-blip" has coincided with a crocked Drury (Lappin isn’t as "free" without AD and it definitely showed last night).