Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

What wrong with Holt

[quote user="morty"]I would guess carrying a knock, [/quote]

I think you are right Morty.  We dont have an alternative target man if you play Doc at  the back. so put Holt on the pitch even if he''s carrying a knock or a bad back.

Thus I would like to see young Kelly gradually given some match time.

After the final whistle Lambo ran straight onto the pitch and put his arm round Holt.

The man has been a beast for us and was always going to hit a blip at some point.

He''d of hit 40 goals + if he''d kept his early season form up, and that is almost impossible to maintain.

His suspension has lost him some of that sharpness, broke the momentum he was on.  Plus he was in storming form which is almost impossible for any player to maintain for an entire season, whatever the level... it''ll come good again, I''m sure...

Holt barely got off the deck last night? He was tentative in his tackling (we can understand why with red card fever abounding Carrow Road lately) - he really looked out of sorts.

Players will occasionally have an off day, but Chris Martin''s first touch and lack of ball control meant we had two strikers lacking against Southend.

The game demanded someone hungry for the ball - thankfully Oli Johnson had some ''oomph''!

Still can''t believe we won - brilliant stuff!

Well perhaps the Holt injury rumour is true?  Either him or Martin has to make way for Oli  next game, he has more than earnt the right to start ahead of one of them, or even instead of Hoolahoop.

Oli Johnson should start & get 60 mins - to be replaced by Chris Martin.

If Holt is carrying an injury then he shouldn''t be out there - he''s not doing anyone any favours like that! He''s been great for us, but at the very least he needs be fit to get the shirt...

To be honest several of them looked a bit tired last night.

[quote user="ref89"]Well perhaps the Holt injury rumour is true?  Either him or Martin has to make way for Oli  next game, he has more than earnt the right to start ahead of one of them, or even instead of Hoolahoop.[/quote]Totally disagree, Johnson is o.k. as an impact player but as was shown in his start against Wallsall he is not strong enough to carry a full 90 minutes. We had a similar argument about Cody with people crying for him to start and a similar result when he did. Both are young and quick and best used against a tired defence in the final quarter of a game.I just don''t see Lambert starting without Holt and Martin who are both strong enough to go flat out for the whole 90.

People saying he is easing off in the tackle and not competing for balls need to remember he is two yellow cards away from another suspension... he cant go flying in now or risk missing games for us. I highly doubt that Lambert would be playing him if he was injured!

There is a lot of pressure on him and I think he did alright yesterday. At the end of the day his job is to score goals or set em up.He hit the post and his shot forced the keeper into excellent save which fell to Ole.... JOB DONEIt is the midfield that is letting us down and needs to be sorted without good service no hopeThere are more serious issues with absence of Drury, if he had been there Southend would never have scored

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="ref89"]Well perhaps the Holt injury rumour is true?  Either him or Martin has to make way for Oli  next game, he has more than earnt the right to start ahead of one of them, or even instead of Hoolahoop.
[/quote]

Totally disagree, Johnson is o.k. as an impact player but as was shown in his start against Wallsall he is not strong enough to carry a full 90 minutes. We had a similar argument about Cody with people crying for him to start and a similar result when he did. Both are young and quick and best used against a tired defence in the final quarter of a game.

I just don''t see Lambert starting without Holt and Martin who are both strong enough to go flat out for the whole 90.
[/quote]

Spot on Ricardo. I noticed in the Pink Un even Johnson himself questioned whether he had the fitness to play the full 90 minutes effectively

Nothing is worng with Holt in my opinion. The problem is that Wes is getting man marked every single game. Teams are playing to stop us, Wes who has been pulling all the strings in our great run is getting singled out, so our front two are not getting the the same service as earlier on in the season. also the switch back to the 442 thanks to Rustys blatent red card hasnt helped.Maybe Grant has had a bit of a confidence knock for sitting out a few games. he''ll bang a few in the net in no time. this weekend?

[quote user="Yarmyed"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="ref89"]Well perhaps the Holt injury rumour is true?  Either him or Martin has to make way for Oli  next game, he has more than earnt the right to start ahead of one of them, or even instead of Hoolahoop.
[/quote]

Totally disagree, Johnson is o.k. as an impact player but as was shown in his start against Wallsall he is not strong enough to carry a full 90 minutes. We had a similar argument about Cody with people crying for him to start and a similar result when he did. Both are young and quick and best used against a tired defence in the final quarter of a game.

I just don''t see Lambert starting without Holt and Martin who are both strong enough to go flat out for the whole 90.
[/quote]

Spot on Ricardo. I noticed in the Pink Un even Johnson himself questioned whether he had the fitness to play the full 90 minutes effectively

[/quote]

Absoloutely agree as well. Personally I think the Holt thing will sort its self on Saturday, first game back rusty but scored, last night was still playing the positions he plays in the diamond ie out wide and running in. It could also be fear of getting suspended for 2 of the games in March.