Sign in to follow this  
marvin the martian

Goreham and Adams reaction to winner

Its not on i-player so the only time you might hear it is the build up before the Oldham game maybe.

The bits I heard of it was good sounded passionate, before I ran away from my computer and did a victory lap round our house

Not sure what was funniest, Goreham''s scream, Adams'' orgasmic gargle in the background or Smudger''s on line shout of "Get in you slag!"

Thats what I love about local radio. They are both fans like the rest of us. I think Adams reaction was the funniest because he was basically celebrating the goal like the rest of us

They are as you would expect but I still Goreham is an excellent commentator. You actually know who is playing well and what is going on now. That is a distinct improvement from Roy Waller.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]there soo bias too [:P][/quote]Well, we''re largely playing well atm, so I don''t mind!

True,

I couldn''t make it and being based in Chelmsford, decided to listen to BBC Essex''s version of events. With the Colchester game called off (they usually split commentary for Colchester and Southend), there was full match commentary of the Southend game, apart from the brief dipping in to the Alderdshot v Dagenham and Redbridge game, although as that ended 3-2 to Dagenham they were popping back quite a bit!, which rather spolit the commentary. 

Their version was that Southend were the better side, certainly in the second half and were ''gutted'' to see Oli poppng up and get the ''undeserved'' winner. I have to say that having listened to it, BBC Norfolk''s programme and commentary is more professional. Having said that, we can all remember the days of ''Its deep its long'' Uncle Roy on the radio.....

Spare a thought for poor old Roy… I understand he is quite seriously ill and has been for some time. I won''t go in to any details as that is not fair on his family, but have a good thought for the old fella when you get the chance!

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Spare a thought for poor old Roy… I understand he is quite seriously ill and has been for some time. I won''t go in to any details as that is not fair on his family, but have a good thought for the old fella when you get the chance![/quote]Oh right, didn''t know that.Yeah, nice old bloke.