Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

The fans tonight

The fans tonight were terrible, had a few people boo the team of at half time, and every time a player delayed taking a throw in or making a pass, you could hear the discontent around Carrow Road, forcing the players into mistakes on more than one occasion. Get behind the team fully as the moaners tonight could have cost us the points!OTBC

smudger wasnt at the game, i agree it was stupid, like i said in another thead, people like that should''nt even bother turning up, there not happy unless we are winning 4/5 nil

fully agree...   who actually groans when theres a misplaced pass ? i make an effort not to it doesn`t help  matters ..but the groaning and moaning is louder than the encouragement   most of the time  ... sometimes  i despair 

Don''t talk crap... it was a few individuals in our team who are not up to the job and have been nearly costing us points every week since Christmas that would of been to blame if more points slipped by.  Not fans that turn up week in week out and travel all over the country.You stayed happy clappy while we were relegated remember... that worked out well in the end didn''t it???

the word is supporter smudger which means to offer encouragement through thick and thin...your more like a camp judge on strictly come dancing  [:D]

Can hardly speak tonight after that game. I screamed myself hoarse with cries and chants of encouragement from the Snakepit. Just dont understand all the moaning and negativity from some Norwich fans at the game. Fair enough ... i can understand it here, its a forum where everyone can have an opinion. But surely if you go to the game, AND sit in an area like the Snakepit or the Lower Barclay, you have a duty to support and encourage your team. Not sit there for ninety plus minutes and constantly moan and whinge.

[quote user="pennywise "]the word is supporter smudger which means to offer encouragement through thick and thin...your more like a camp judge on strictly come dancing  [:D][/quote]Depends on your defenition of support.To blindly sit there and clap when you feel that things could be improved upon, hoping that we can achieve by doing just enough and risking failure.  To offer advice and speak up when you think we are in danger of not achieving due to us not making a few simple changes because everybody was happy clappy.

[quote user="Henry"]Can hardly speak tonight after that game. I screamed myself hoarse with cries and chants of encouragement from the Snakepit. Just dont understand all the moaning and negativity from some Norwich fans at the game. Fair enough ... i can understand it here, its a forum where everyone can have an opinion. But surely if you go to the game, AND sit in an area like the Snakepit or the Lower Barclay, you have a duty to support and encourage your team. Not sit there for ninety plus minutes and constantly moan and whinge.[/quote]Fans can do what they like having paid the money to watch a game as long as they do not break the law or the ground regulations.You can scream yourself hoarse with chants of encouragement and from cursing all at the same time let me assure you!

fans were worse than usual and too quick to get on the players backs. Theirs a few around me (thorpe area row B!) and one man next to me in particular that doesnt stop moaning no matter whats happening. He used to hate Hoolahan for all the time he took on the ball but apparently hes now the only one that doesnt panic with the ball (which was at times true tonight) but the funniest thing was tonight, after a few chances like hoolahan playing in martin rather than shooting himself and martin running around the box rather than shooting he questioned why players dont shoot more often (to which i agree) and then what happened...Martin had a shot, blasted it over the bar which cued him nicely to shout ''martin you lazy b*****d, why d''u do that? pass it!'' Expressing opinion is fine and the team do react to the fans, but moaning and complaining when we play the ball across the field rather than forward is crazy and just caused sloppy passes, rushed play that could have cost us the game. I personally want to see us return to the passing attacking play that got us to the top of the league rather than pumping it forward (which Rose shows doesnt work anyway) but tonight the more the fans moaned the more thats what we resorted to and the more mistakes we made.

I think moan and groan after a game, but during, you should be behind the team 100% thats on the pitch! Afterall, if 25,000 supported the team, the weak links in our team might even make less mistakes!

Love it - "to offer advice..."

I can just imagine you "offering advice" from the stands smudger!

"Excuse me mr lambert, might i suggest a substitution to improve our current performance level? I fear we are in danger of not achieving."

"Perhaps the one they call the King of Spain may wish to return to his throne to be replaced by one Korey of Smith?"

[quote user="Smudger"]You can scream yourself hoarse with chants of encouragement and from cursing all at the same time let me assure you![/quote]Were you a hissin'' n'' booin'' n'' hollerin'' n'' bawlin'' at the wireless tonight? [:^)]

P''haps that''s why you''re a wafflin'' n'' wailing'' whingein'' n'' whinin'' and whimperin'' on here now! [^o)]

[quote user="a1canary"]Love it - "to offer advice..."

I can just imagine you "offering advice" from the stands smudger!

"Excuse me mr lambert, might i suggest a substitution to improve our current performance level? I fear we are in danger of not achieving."

"Perhaps the one they call the King of Spain may wish to return to his throne to be replaced by one Korey of Smith?"[/quote]I like it... [Y]I will have to ask if Tilly can get me a spare seat behind the dug out for an up and coming home game!  lol

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]You can scream yourself hoarse with chants of encouragement and from cursing all at the same time let me assure you![/quote]Were you a hissin'' n'' booin'' n'' hollerin'' n'' bawlin'' at the wireless tonight? [:^)]

P''haps that''s why you''re a wafflin'' n'' wailing'' whingein'' n'' whinin'' and whimperin'' on here now! [^o)]

[/quote]Yes I was Lapp... maybe I need a couple of pints before the match to calm my nerves?You won''t have to put up with me Saturday as hopefully I will be following the boys up to Oldham.Depending on the display, maybe Smudge could send you a roving report???

Well said SmudgerI get fed up with fans who think they can dictate to other fans who have paid the same as them to get in!The crowd have paid to be entertained and if they think the performers are not doing there job they have right to express that, even in Div One most of these players are on better wages than we are! Let us be honest there were two or three players who really did not earn that money tonightI am a lifelong City fan and I thought the crowd were great tonight given a little encouragement they got behind the lads. We are top of the League with crowds and resources Southend dream of , and I like many of the crowd expect to see that gulf reflected on the pitch.Personally I get more wound up by fans who sit there and do or say nothing, wonder why they are there! But that''s their right as long as they dont ask me to shut up too!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Henry"]Can hardly speak tonight after that game. I screamed myself hoarse with cries and chants of encouragement from the Snakepit. Just dont understand all the moaning and negativity from some Norwich fans at the game. Fair enough ... i can understand it here, its a forum where everyone can have an opinion. But surely if you go to the game, AND sit in an area like the Snakepit or the Lower Barclay, you have a duty to support and encourage your team. Not sit there for ninety plus minutes and constantly moan and whinge.[/quote]Fans can do what they like having paid the money to watch a game as long as they do not break the law or the ground regulations.You can scream yourself hoarse with chants of encouragement and from cursing all at the same time let me assure you![/quote]My god i hate that .... i''ve paid my money, i''ll do what i like rubbish. Almost came to blows with someone over that exact same statement earlier in the season [;)]. Believe it or not ... there are some people who like to support the team through thick and thin, who are NOT in the same bracket as the so called happy clappers. We recognise there are problems, as indeed you have Smudger, but for all our failings we decide to try and encourage the team with our vocal support rather than drain its confidence through howls of derision. It would seem that unfortunately i am a little too passionate in my support of the Yellow and Green [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"]Depending on the display, maybe Smudge could send you a roving report???[/quote]Once again you refer to smudger as the third person. He really is your hero isn''t he? [:^)]

While other boys imagine they''re Dan Dare, Superman or Dr Who, your favorite comic character is smudger. Bless! [:$]

[quote user="Henry"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Henry"]Can hardly speak tonight after that game. I screamed myself hoarse with cries and chants of encouragement from the Snakepit. Just dont understand all the moaning and negativity from some Norwich fans at the game. Fair enough ... i can understand it here, its a forum where everyone can have an opinion. But surely if you go to the game, AND sit in an area like the Snakepit or the Lower Barclay, you have a duty to support and encourage your team. Not sit there for ninety plus minutes and constantly moan and whinge.[/quote]Fans can do what they like having paid the money to watch a game as long as they do not break the law or the ground regulations.You can scream yourself hoarse with chants of encouragement and from cursing all at the same time let me assure you![/quote]My god i hate that .... i''ve paid my money, i''ll do what i like rubbish. Almost came to blows with someone over that exact same statement earlier in the season [;)]. Believe it or not ... there are some people who like to support the team through thick and thin, who are NOT in the same bracket as the so called happy clappers. We recognise there are problems, as indeed you have Smudger, but for all our failings we decide to try and encourage the team with our vocal support rather than drain its confidence through howls of derision. It would seem that unfortunately i am a little too passionate in my support of the Yellow and Green [:|][/quote]You probably nearly came to blows because they had every right to be doing whatever they were doing and you had every right to be doing what you were doing, until you expected him to stop doing what he was doing and behave like you?As for the passion the last time I nearly came to blows at a footie match was Preston at home just after we had been promoted, as I just could not abide the mentality in the ground that day of ahh well we are promoted who cares about winning the league!I ended up watching our last goal on the TV''s beneath the Jarrold Stand as I felt if I stayed any longer where I had been watching most of the match I would of been tempted to land one on somebody.Like I said before you can scream yourself hoarse through chants of encouragement and from cursing all at the same time... we are all different. though.. every club needs a few nutters like me and the vast majority of us have one massive unifying bond sharing a lot in common with each other when we meet up face to face.  We are all uniquely different and certainly have some characters amongst our fanbase.Unfortunately for me pure encouragement without question achieves nothing, but each to their own.We even need some of you to remain happy clappers always, but not too many of you I hope... Oh and ssshh don''t let anybody know that I just said that... some silly bugger has just tapped in to my account!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Depending on the display, maybe Smudge could send you a roving report???[/quote]Once again you refer to smudger as the third person. He really is your hero isn''t he? [:^)]

While other boys imagine they''re Dan Dare, Superman or Dr Who, your favorite comic character is smudger. Bless! [:$]

[/quote]Why do you always find the need to remind me when Smudge posts in the 3rd person Lapp? (Whoops I done it again I think)I know I''m/he''s doing it you know?Sorry to disappoint you Lapp, but I am not as much of a split personality as you would like to believe.Smudge has 3 nipples too Lapp, but don''t tell all the girls!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Henry"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Henry"]Can hardly speak tonight after that game. I screamed myself hoarse with cries and chants of encouragement from the Snakepit. Just dont understand all the moaning and negativity from some Norwich fans at the game. Fair enough ... i can understand it here, its a forum where everyone can have an opinion. But surely if you go to the game, AND sit in an area like the Snakepit or the Lower Barclay, you have a duty to support and encourage your team. Not sit there for ninety plus minutes and constantly moan and whinge.[/quote]Fans can do what they like having paid the money to watch a game as long as they do not break the law or the ground regulations.You can scream yourself hoarse with chants of encouragement and from cursing all at the same time let me assure you![/quote]My god i hate that .... i''ve paid my money, i''ll do what i like rubbish. Almost came to blows with someone over that exact same statement earlier in the season [;)]. Believe it or not ... there are some people who like to support the team through thick and thin, who are NOT in the same bracket as the so called happy clappers. We recognise there are problems, as indeed you have Smudger, but for all our failings we decide to try and encourage the team with our vocal support rather than drain its confidence through howls of derision. It would seem that unfortunately i am a little too passionate in my support of the Yellow and Green [:|][/quote]You probably nearly came to blows because they had every right to be doing whatever they were doing and you had every right to be doing what you were doing, until you expected him to stop doing what he was doing and behave like you?As for the passion the last time I nearly came to blows at a footie match was Preston at home just after we had been promoted, as I just could not abide the mentality in the ground that day of ahh well we are promoted who cares about winning the league!I ended up watching our last goal on the TV''s beneath the Jarrold Stand as I felt if I stayed any longer where I had been watching most of the match I would of been tempted to land one on somebody.Like I said before you can scream yourself hoarse through chants of encouragement and from cursing all at the same time... we are all different. though.. every club needs a few nutters like me and the vast majority of us have one massive unifying bond sharing a lot in common with each other when we meet up face to face.  We are all uniquely different and certainly have some characters amongst our fanbase.Unfortunately for me pure encouragement without question achieves nothing, but each to their own.We even need some of you to remain happy clappers always, but not too many of you I hope... Oh and ssshh don''t let anybody know that I just said that... some silly bugger has just tapped in to my account![/quote]Well said ...

whoever you are [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]Smudge has 3 nipples too Lapp, but don''t tell all the girls![/quote]Nothing wrong with that smudger, it''s quite common in fact. Shame it''s on your forehead though.............. [;)]

[quote user="CJ"]Well said Smudger

I get fed up with fans who think they can dictate to other fans who have paid the same as them to get in!

The crowd have paid to be entertained and if they think the performers are not doing there job they have right to express that, even in Div One most of these players are on better wages than we are! Let us be honest there were two or three players who really did not earn that money tonight

I am a lifelong City fan and I thought the crowd were great tonight given a little encouragement they got behind the lads. We are top of the League with crowds and resources Southend dream of , and I like many of the crowd expect to see that gulf reflected on the pitch.

Personally I get more wound up by fans who sit there and do or say nothing, wonder why they are there! But that''s their right as long as they dont ask me to shut up too!
[/quote]

Now, there is a subject to debate. It depends on your point of view.

They do but they must understand that every action has a reaction, and it may not be what they want.

They were until we were a goal down, then they were a lot less audible until we equalised. Not exactly "sing when we''re winning" but pretty much "sing when we''re doing well &/or scored". What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

I wish some would just sit and shut up, there are quite a few who obviously have not got a clue about the game in our number, yet somehow think they do and that it would be a good idea to share their ignorance with everyone else.

I felt tonight that the fans were really wanting to get behind the team, even the Norwich and Peterborouh were making some noise when we had corners down thgat end. Problem was the team never really got going, had they have done I felt the potential was there for a cracking atmosphere. How many did Sarfend have there? I sat in block M of the Jarrold and could hardly hear them all night.

From my point of view, was the half time booing justifiable? Well we were 0-1 down to a team scraping the relegation zone, we were playing poorly, and we''d just given away a weak goal. We''d also lost on Saturday, and hadn''t played well since Colchester if we''re being honest. The fans have paid to see the game, if they want to show discontent then that''s up to them, in last nights case it obviously had the desired effect because we came out after half time and slaughtered them.On the other side of that coin, there are lots of fans who believe you should support the team no matter what, even applauding them after such results as Charlton last season or Colchester at Home this season, games where the team was woeful and deserving of no plaudits whatsoever.It''s a difference of opinion, neither side is ''wrong'', if you''ve paid to see what is supposed to be ''sporting entertainment'' then you have every right to show discontent, especially if the overpaid primadonnas on the pitch are swanning around and not putting any real effort in.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]Smudge has 3 nipples too Lapp, but don''t tell all the girls![/quote]Nothing wrong with that smudger, it''s quite common in fact. Shame it''s on your forehead though.............. [;)][/quote]haha nice comeback Lapp... that did make me chuckle! [;)]

[quote user="NottsCanary"]I think moan and groan after a game, but during, you should be behind the team 100% thats on the pitch! Afterall, if 25,000 supported the team, the weak links in our team might even make less mistakes!
[/quote]

That is spot on NottsCanary in my opinion. That is exactly the attitude I try to adopt, although it wasn''t easy for a lot of last season!

I understand the groans cause we were c*ap for large spells of last nights game although I try not to do it!

That said the crowd really got behind the team last night so the fans shouldn''t be critiscised!

[quote user="NottsCanary"]I think moan and groan after a game, but during, you should be behind the team 100% thats on the pitch! Afterall, if 25,000 supported the team, the weak links in our team might even make less mistakes!
[/quote]

Notts Canary - someone with the same name as you is on the ''Who Booed''  thread saying they would have booed if they''d been there last night. I think you two need ro decide who is the real Notts Canary as it doesn;t sound like you see eye to eye!