Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

McNamee is so like Huckerby

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

he loves attacking

he hates defending

he has plaenty of speed

he takes on players

he always cut in onto his stronger foot!

[/quote]Nothing like him. Hucks scored goals.. macca does not.

The main difference being that Huckerby could score goals, McNamee has something like 5 in 170 odd games. But if he keeps putting good balls in for the front men to score then thats fine by me.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

he loves attacking

he hates defending

he has plaenty of speed

he takes on players

[/quote]Nothing like him. Hucks scored goals.. macca does not.[/quote]He''s only had one game so how do you know?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]McNamee is more like Ruel Fox than Hucks.[/quote]

Yes wish he would cut out the fancy bloody footwork and cross the ball quicker

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

he loves attacking

he hates defending

he has plaenty of speed

he takes on players

[/quote]Nothing like him. Hucks scored goals.. macca does not.[/quote]He''s only had one game so how do you know?[/quote]Look at McNamee''s career stats and that should give you a hint.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

he loves attacking

he hates defending

he has plaenty of speed

he takes on players

[/quote]Nothing like him. Hucks scored goals.. macca does not.[/quote]He''s only had one game so how do you know?[/quote]Because I''ve seen him play many times over the years and unless he decides to completely change his game, he will play like he did tonight. Go up and down the wing do some nice tricks and decent balls without ever getting in the box.Darren Huckerby was a phenomenal player who when he had the ball at his feet, scared the living sh!t out of defenders, beat them with pace and power (not tricks) and could finish at the end of it. MacNamee is nowhere near his level.

strange really .. all those quality balls going in you`d think they`d be meat and drink for our strikers but they spent a lot of the game poncing around on the wings and in midfield  and were nowhere to be seen as cross after cross went in [:@]

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

he loves attacking

he hates defending

he has plaenty of speed

he takes on players

[/quote]Nothing like him. Hucks scored goals.. macca does not.[/quote]He''s only had one game so how do you know?[/quote]Because I''ve seen him play many times over the years and unless he decides to completely change his game, he will play like he did tonight. Go up and down the wing do some nice tricks and decent balls without ever getting in the box.Darren Huckerby was a phenomenal player who when he had the ball at his feet, scared the living sh!t out of defenders, beat them with pace and power (not tricks) and could finish at the end of it. MacNamee is nowhere near his level.[/quote]Nobody is claiming that McManee is as good as Huckerby, the original poster just pointed out the similarities, and I can''t argue with any of them, he''s very much like Huckerby!

he loves attacking

he hates defending

he has plaenty of speed

he takes on players

[/quote]

Beam me up Scotty. [8-)]

I thought McNamee was a lower league Ronaldo tonight lol, even takes free kicks in a similar manner.

As mentioned elsewhere. More of a Rooo-el. We also had Malky and Big Dunc on the field last night. Unfortunately a few duffers as well.

For all our shortcomings we deservedly won the game.

He was playing much wider than Hucks used to, and he never took a shot on goal. Instead skinning defenders each time he touched the ball and whipping the ball in for the absent Holt and Martin.I only once saw him fail to skin a defender and was tacked..3 seconds later he''d won the ball back.Really loved him. He needs a song pronto![8]He plays on the left,

He plays on the right.

That Boy Mcnamee,

Makes Ipswich look shite!
[8]

[quote user="pennywise "]strange really .. all those quality balls going in you`d think they`d be meat and drink for our strikers but they spent a lot of the game poncing around on the wings and in midfield  and were nowhere to be seen as cross after cross went in [:@][/quote]

Agreed.

i never saw fox play live, only on videos!

[/quote]

Awww unlucky nana, Ruel was cracking, used to go up that wing like a rat up a drainpipe.  See if you can find some youtube footbage of him playing, corking player.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

Awww unlucky nana, Ruel was cracking, used to go up that wing like a rat up a drainpipe.  See if you can find some youtube footbage of him playing, corking player.

[/quote]

Was bluetube invented in them days Way? lol 

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

must be my age I meant youtube wot a div

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

must be my age I meant youtube wot a div

[/quote]

lol mate, no but you find clips on there from the 60''s so I would imagine there would be clips of Ruel on there too

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think we can guess what sort of clips you watch !!! [:O]