Sign in to follow this  
Rupethebear

Jarrold Stand Block K

Looking to move seats from the Wensum area to the Jarrold Block K as I need a better view!! All views welcomed from any of you who sit either in or near to block K as before I upgrade (3 tickets) and pay all the extra dosh I would like to know what it is like!!

I was in block m of the Jarrold yesterday and imo it is the best view in the stadium, not much better than the flask and blanket stand in terms of noise levels though.

I sit in Block K, right on the half way line, about 3/4 of the way up the stand.  It is by far and away the best view in the whole stadium, I''ve sat everywhere else and for pure viewing capability it is just brilliant.  The atmosphere isn''t too bad as well, because it is mainly season ticket holders there is a bit of banter.  Just don''t sit too far down because you begin to end up sitting completely level with the pitch. I sit in Row HH.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Looking to move seats from the Wensum area to the Jarrold Block K as I need a better view!! All views welcomed from any of you who sit either in or near to block K as before I upgrade (3 tickets) and pay all the extra dosh I would like to know what it is like!![/quote]

Purely in terms of appreciating the football (if that is what you''re looking for) the back of Block K is the best in the stadium, in that it is the most centrally placed and gives you a bird''s eye view. Plus a nice view of the cathedral!

I sit in block K too and it is a cracking view. I am considering bringing my son next season and therefore would probably have to relocate to the family area.  I am very reluctant to give up my great view though.  A dilemma I need to solve in the next couple of weeks............... 

sat in block h yesterday with an asian southampton fan attending his first ever football match . The southampton fans took great pleasure near the end with their " whose the w****r in the hat " not realising he was one of them!

I''ve sat all over the ground and front row Block K Jarrold is the best, for me. You look right down the players tunnel, can really appreciate the football, almost touch it...and can speak personally to the players, as well as the linos when they completely get it wrong...but best of all it''s the space to leap up and celebrate when we score. Perhaps we dont have the vocals of the Barclay and the Snakepit, but I get all that at away games... I dont care what the weather throws at us, its Special K for me!!!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I sit in Block K, right on the half way line, about 3/4 of the way up the stand.  It is by far and away the best view in the whole stadium, I''ve sat everywhere else and for pure viewing capability it is just brilliant.  The atmosphere isn''t too bad as well, because it is mainly season ticket holders there is a bit of banter.  Just don''t sit too far down because you begin to end up sitting completely level with the pitch. I sit in Row HH.[/quote]Mainly agree with you ncfcstar.I''m in Block K, about a dozen seats to the right of the halfway line towards the Barclay and two-thirds of the way back from the pitch. It''s a brilliant view and very much the same as we see on TV. The club in their wisdom have classified Block K as '' premium '' so there''s no reduction in price for children, students or OAP''s. As a result most fans in there are probably at least in their 40''s so even if younger fans are prepared top pay full whack they''ll have to get used to the age gap !!Despite the fact that many of us have seen better days there is a reasonable atmosphere and we regularly join in the choruses of , " Come on you Yellows " and " On The Ball City " although we do normally wait politely for a lead from The Barclay or Snakepit. If you''re looking for the chance to, " Let''s all have a disco " then you''ll be disappointed but for the more '' mature '' fan it''s pretty ideal....

Block K is by far the best block in the stadium if you are after a good view. I used to have my season ticket there before I went to uni. If i didnt now play football on Saturdays I would definitly get my season ticket back in block K.  I used to sit directly on the half way line near the front.

A bit of advice though. Dont get tickets too near the front as there are a few people sitting down there who like to be centre of attention and seem to think they are comedians when they really are not! So if your going for block K, make sure u are a few rows back at least!

[quote user="sig"]I sit in block K too and it is a cracking view. I am considering bringing my son next season and therefore would probably have to relocate to the family area.  I am very reluctant to give up my great view though.  A dilemma I need to solve in the next couple of weeks............... [/quote]

Oh dear you will notice the difference, viewing in the family areas is not the best but it is great value!!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I sit in Block K, right on the half way line, about 3/4 of the way up the stand.  It is by far and away the best view in the whole stadium, I''ve sat everywhere else and for pure viewing capability it is just brilliant.  The atmosphere isn''t too bad as well, because it is mainly season ticket holders there is a bit of banter.  Just don''t sit too far down because you begin to end up sitting completely level with the pitch.

I sit in Row HH.
[/quote]

Agreed. I see in K block too! Not too far away from you by the info you have given.

How close are you to the gangway next to the padded seats?

There are a few of us who join in with OTBC! Come on you Yellows. etc. Have to say on Saturday I was also telling the ref to send himself off! Lol!

[quote user="kdncfc"]....... not much better than the flask and blanket stand in terms of noise levels though.[/quote]

Well some of us try and we are noiser than the biscuit chasers as I have sat in the Morgue stand and you get a dirty look over there if you dare to shout any support for the City.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ncfcstar"]I sit in Block K, right on the half way line, about 3/4 of the way up the stand.  It is by far and away the best view in the whole stadium, I''ve sat everywhere else and for pure viewing capability it is just brilliant.  The atmosphere isn''t too bad as well, because it is mainly season ticket holders there is a bit of banter.  Just don''t sit too far down because you begin to end up sitting completely level with the pitch.

I sit in Row HH.
[/quote]

Despite the fact that many of us have seen better days there is a reasonable atmosphere and we regularly join in the choruses of , " Come on you Yellows " and " On The Ball City " although we do normally wait politely for a lead from The Barclay or Snakepit.

[/quote]

Well we do have to be polite.

BTW. What row are you on as I must be close to you.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I sit in Block K, right on the half way line, about 3/4 of the way up the stand.  It is by far and away the best view in the whole stadium, I''ve sat everywhere else and for pure viewing capability it is just brilliant.  The atmosphere isn''t too bad as well, because it is mainly season ticket holders there is a bit of banter.  Just don''t sit too far down because you begin to end up sitting completely level with the pitch. I sit in Row HH.[/quote]

Agreed. I see in K block too! Not too far away from you by the info you have given.

There are a few of us who join in with OTBC! Come on you Yellows. etc. Have to say on Saturday I was also telling the ref to send himself off! Lol!

[/quote]I''m pretty close to the padded seats, like I said my seat is right on the halfway line, which row are you in?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I sit in Block K, right on the half way line, about 3/4 of the way up the stand.  It is by far and away the best view in the whole stadium, I''ve sat everywhere else and for pure viewing capability it is just brilliant.  The atmosphere isn''t too bad as well, because it is mainly season ticket holders there is a bit of banter.  Just don''t sit too far down because you begin to end up sitting completely level with the pitch.

I sit in Row HH.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m pretty close to the padded seats, like I said my seat is right on the halfway line, which row are you in?
[/quote]

Row DD - close to the gangway.

See you tomorrow!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I sit in Block K, right on the half way line, about 3/4 of the way up the stand.  It is by far and away the best view in the whole stadium, I''ve sat everywhere else and for pure viewing capability it is just brilliant.  The atmosphere isn''t too bad as well, because it is mainly season ticket holders there is a bit of banter.  Just don''t sit too far down because you begin to end up sitting completely level with the pitch. I sit in Row HH.[/quote]

[/quote]I''m pretty close to the padded seats, like I said my seat is right on the halfway line, which row are you in?[/quote]

See you tomorrow!

[/quote]You must be down near Kevin Piper then, unless I''ve revealed who you are finally Tangy?  Haha.Unfortunately I will be missing the game tomorrow as I will be in Barcelona!

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

I sit in Row HH.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m pretty close to the padded seats, like I said my seat is right on the halfway line, which row are you in?
[/quote]

See you tomorrow!

[/quote]

You must be down near Kevin Piper then, unless I''ve revealed who you are finally Tangy?  Haha.

Unfortunately I will be missing the game tomorrow as I will be in Barcelona!
[/quote]

Kevin Piper is close by.

BTW. whats this Stowmarket / Leicester ......are you "related" to the Wynnies or the Smudger?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]I''m pretty close to the padded seats, like I said my seat is right on the halfway line, which row are you in?[/quote]

See you tomorrow!

[/quote]You must be down near Kevin Piper then, unless I''ve revealed who you are finally Tangy?  Haha.Unfortunately I will be missing the game tomorrow as I will be in Barcelona![/quote]

Kevin Piper is close by.

BTW. whats this Stowmarket / Leicester ......are you "related" to the Wynnies or the Smudger?

[/quote]Haha no, actually I just haven''t changed it since I graduated.  So it''s just plain old Stowmarket nowadays.

Block N, quite near the back, cracking view, take my lad to all games, as there was no price reduction in block K I went for N, If you like a bit more atmosphere would probably go for block J if you can get it, I tried during movers and shakers last year but was told no season tickets available in there. Some people around me don''t seem to want any excitement on a Saturday afternoon, will try to move to J again this year.

[quote user="cityangel"]Is K the block on the halfway line or is that J?[/quote]

Blocks K and L cover the half-way line.