Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Administration would mean the club re-emerging as a healthy financial entity

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If we go into administration....we will lose Lambert...

because the administators are incharge, and when Celtic come knocking on the door, they probably won''t refuse..... (plus why would anyone want to manage a team in administation? if they have the choice/chance to go elsewhere...)

Thats what i think anyway....[/quote]

If we are even close to admin then if celtic come knocking at the door we will lose lambert!

[quote user="a1canary"]Hmm, that is the answer to the question then - administration is definitely a bad idea and far too much of a gamble. Plus i can see it can have a devastating effect on the local business community.

My main concern was indeed that administration was a get out of jail free card and i still contest that it appears to have been just that for some clubs. Southampton looked to have emerged from it most unscathed of all. I mean, their 10 point deduction doesn''t even make much difference to their league place at the moment!

They may just miss out on the play offs this year, but they will absolutely walk this league next year.[/quote]This is both simplistic and wrong A1. Firstly, there is the punishment to go into administration. A ten point deduction & a receiver in charge of your.Secondly, it is the receiver''s job to pay off as much debt as possible & agree with the creditors the terms that will accept. HMRC & all football creditors must be paid off in full. This amounts to a fire sale of all assets - it just so happens that there was someone to pick up the football assets of Saints to enable them to play on. The delay in this means that Saints face another year in Div 1 AT LEAST rather than looking for automatic promotion like us. Leeds also suffer under this overhang - unlike the easy option that it seems.Thirdly there is the punishment if the administrator fails to complete his work in time. Another 20 point deduction on top of steps 1 and 2.This happened to Luton. Result CCC to conference in 3 years.Easy option - don''t make me laugh

What''s ''wrong'' there exactly fish? I thought i had been sufficiently cleansed of the idea that admin might have been an option for us and have admitted as much!

I''ve said:

* I understand it''s not worth it.

* Local businesses get screwed.

* It APPEARS to have been a get out of jail free card for some clubs.

* Saints LOOK to have emerged most unscathed from it.

Ipswich are the flukey ones, maybe they should do the honourable thing and pay back some of the local businesses (st Johns ambulance) the money that they ''owe''. I also believe that despite Leeds'' troubles, they have gotten lucky, in the real world, a business as poorly run as theirs was would have folded or at least had to start up again (fiorentina style).

I think that the main issue here is that when clubs first started going into admin 4 or 5 years ago the FA was ill prepared with how to really deal with it. And it wasn''t until Leeds did it that they really started clamping down.Initially they showed a lot of sympathy to clubs, but now I know they think they know the difference between genuine cases and clubs pulling a dodgy fast one (Like Leeds tried to) and the severity of the points deduction will reflect this.

The problem Pompey are going to have is that the points deduction they get this season is only half the story. They have to come out of administration through a CVA and this can only be obtained once a certain percentage of creditors agree. Football League rules state that ''Football Creditors'' have to be paid in full which then leaves the other creditors having to accept so many pence for every pound they are owed. Pompey owe millions to HMRC (which is why there is a winding up order that is due to be heard again on Monday) and they are now playing hardball with clubs and refusing to accept just a proportion of what is owed to them. If they can''t reach an agreement with HMRC then they won''t be able to come out of administration through a CVA and they will be looking at a further 15 or so point deduction next season which is what happened with Leeds and Luton I believe. If they still exist at the end of next season I''ll be amazed it they''re not in League One.I''ve no idea whether we''re behind with our payments to HMRC but i would imaging that, given the stance they are taking now, any club that owes big money will be trying to avoid relegation at all costs because they are likely to be punished twice. There has been plenty of begging being done by Pompey about how HMRC should think of the fans but I applaud them for the tough stance they are now taking. With the economy in the state that it is we can''t really be letting teams who rake in tens of millions of pounds in TV revenue off paying their taxes.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]The problem Pompey are going to have is that the points deduction they get this season is only half the story. They have to come out of administration through a CVA and this can only be obtained once a certain percentage of creditors agree. Football League rules state that ''Football Creditors'' have to be paid in full which then leaves the other creditors having to accept so many pence for every pound they are owed. Pompey owe millions to HMRC (which is why there is a winding up order that is due to be heard again on Monday) and they are now playing hardball with clubs and refusing to accept just a proportion of what is owed to them. If they can''t reach an agreement with HMRC then they won''t be able to come out of administration through a CVA and they will be looking at a further 15 or so point deduction next season which is what happened with Leeds and Luton I believe. If they still exist at the end of next season I''ll be amazed it they''re not in League One.I''ve no idea whether we''re behind with our payments to HMRC but i would imaging that, given the stance they are taking now, any club that owes big money will be trying to avoid relegation at all costs because they are likely to be punished twice. There has been plenty of begging being done by Pompey about how HMRC should think of the fans but I applaud them for the tough stance they are now taking. With the economy in the state that it is we can''t really be letting teams who rake in tens of millions of pounds in TV revenue off paying their taxes.[/quote]imagineadministration[:$]