Sign in to follow this  
lord montyjones

master smudge

you really do suffer from delusions of grandeur and i can only guess you lay in bed getting a slight touch when people question your motives on here. that said you are smashing entertainment and do have a small following who will kiss your ass on promotion day. keep it up !

[quote user="lord montyjones"]you really do suffer from delusions of grandeur and i can only guess you lay in bed getting a slight touch when people question your motives on here. that said you are smashing entertainment and do have a small following who will kiss your ass on promotion day. keep it up ![/quote]

LOL!

I''ve always enjoyed Smudger''s contribution. But it has to be said, I''m a tad disappointed that he''s resorted to plagiarism in the last month or so.The author/originator of any creative work MUST be credited in the first instance.I absolutely abhor false attribution and must request that Smudger refrains from violating message board etiquette in the future.

i decree that smudge does the honurable thing and refrains from wasting the good lords oxygen (just for an houre after every not so perfect performance) when he has calmed down and stops believing he is the true manager of this fine club let him pass on his words of wisdom to all.

The Smudge rocks - as soon as there is anything possibly amiss you can guarantee he will be there moaning, and I find that strangely reassuring in a way.  The place would be duller without him!

My only question is what does Smudge base his views on? The radio? Every game we have he is on here with the first thread so I can only imagine he is not a season ticket holder and I am sure he does not go to away games. I''m not saying he is not a true fan or anything like that but you cannot have such a load opinion without seeing the games first hand. With the radio you are just getting a couple of peoples views on the game. When you are at the game you can see so much more i.e. players movement off the ball etc.

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]My only question is what does Smudge base his views on? The radio? Every game we have he is on here with the first thread so I can only imagine he is not a season ticket holder and I am sure he does not go to away games. I''m not saying he is not a true fan or anything like that but you cannot have such a load opinion without seeing the games first hand. With the radio you are just getting a couple of peoples views on the game. When you are at the game you can see so much more i.e. players movement off the ball etc.[/quote]You''re quite wrong actually, this season he has been to the majority of games, including a substantial number of away games.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]The Smudge rocks - as soon as there is anything possibly amiss you can guarantee he will be there moaning, and I find that strangely reassuring in a way.  The place would be duller without him![/quote]I think Smudge has been much better recently even verging on actually being positive. In fairness at least he seems to be quantifying it more fairly by suggesting players arnt up to their usual standards rather than just saying they are a complete waste of space get rid of them.However I wouldn''t say the place would be duller - its not like he adds colour and vibrancy to the place, more that he adds another shade of that old NHS mushroom-sick clour to it . . . . Smudge is a little predictable you see, and predictable can sometimes be boring although somewhat reasuring.Don''t get me wrong. I don''t want to see him gone, especially considering the improvement he has made so far. Just don''t agree with the duller bit.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Personally, I find him to be an attention seeking twat with his head up his arse.[/quote]

LOL - Post of the Day!

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Personally, I find him to be an attention seeking twat with his head up his arse.[/quote]

He''s made an impact on you then cause you''ve only been on here just over a month. [:)]

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]My only question is what does Smudge base his views on? The radio? Every game we have he is on here with the first thread so I can only imagine he is not a season ticket holder and I am sure he does not go to away games. I''m not saying he is not a true fan or anything like that but you cannot have such a load opinion without seeing the games first hand. With the radio you are just getting a couple of peoples views on the game. When you are at the game you can see so much more i.e. players movement off the ball etc.[/quote]

He has been to virtually every home game this season and i have seen him at Colchester,Hartlepool and Southend to name but three away games and he will be at Oldham this weekend.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]My only question is what does Smudge base his views on? The radio? Every game we have he is on here with the first thread so I can only imagine he is not a season ticket holder and I am sure he does not go to away games. I''m not saying he is not a true fan or anything like that but you cannot have such a load opinion without seeing the games first hand. With the radio you are just getting a couple of peoples views on the game. When you are at the game you can see so much more i.e. players movement off the ball etc.[/quote]

He has been to virtually every home game this season and i have seen him at Colchester,Hartlepool and Southend to name but three away games and he will be at Oldham this weekend.

[/quote]

My appolgies to Smudger then, It must have just been the few Saturdays that I am online during the games. I play football most Saturdays but with the weather I have obviously not been playing to much. What whinds me up is that our games are called of at around 1 o''clock on the Saturday giving me no chance what so ever of getting to Carrow road in time for the game (or get a ticket)

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

My appolgies to Smudger then, It must have just been the few Saturdays that I am online during the games. I play football most Saturdays but with the weather I have obviously not been playing to much. What whinds me up is that our games are called of at around 1 o''clock on the Saturday giving me no chance what so ever of getting to Carrow road in time for the game (or get a ticket)

[/quote]Read what you like into the fact that he''s only started turning up so regularly since we''ve been winning....

[quote user="lord montyjones"]you really do suffer from delusions of grandeur and i can only guess you lay in bed getting a slight touch when people question your motives on here. that said you are smashing entertainment and do have a small following who will kiss your ass on promotion day. keep it up ![/quote]

LOLNail head hammer.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I will be travelling up norf with old smudge this Saturday. He is a passionate fan like us all.[/quote]

Fair enough,and some of his opinions i can understand,but does he have to come on here and s*** stir when we are losing/have lost?I know i shouldn''t get wound up,but still.......

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I will be travelling up norf with old smudge this Saturday. He is a passionate fan like us all.[/quote]

Fair enough,and some of his opinions i can understand,but does he have to come on here and s*** stir when we are losing/have lost?I know i shouldn''t get wound up,but still.......

[/quote]No chill Herman... have a cigar! [:P]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

No chill Herman... have a cigar! [:P]
[/quote]

[:D]I''ll settle for a roll-your-own.You manage to get me every time,so hats off to you.I will learn next time[:S]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Lambo"]He''s not a bad lad is our Smudge, place would be all kinds of dull without him.[/quote]

Save our Smudger!

Smudger for Norwich North!

[/quote]Are you going Oldham Tangible???7We will have to chat about this Norwich North business!  [8-|] [um]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Lambo"]He''s not a bad lad is our Smudge, place would be all kinds of dull without him.[/quote]

Save our Smudger!

Smudger for Norwich North!

[/quote]

Are you going Oldham Tangible???7

We will have to chat about this Norwich North business!  [8-|] [um]
[/quote]

I''m going to ''uddersfield insted.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Personally, I find him to be an attention seeking twat with his head up his arse.[/quote]Damn, I wondered who the guy was doubled over spending most of the game with his ''cheeks'' pointed at the pitch. Makes sense now . . . . .He does sometimes but thats because he isn''t the best at having a reasoned discussion and doesn''t respond well if you take appart his point of view.As of yet I havnt made up my mind whether this is because his opinions are often lacking in substance or that he actually feels he cannot be bothered to enlighten us with the substance he has to back them up with.Best thing to do is to read and laugh, read and laugh. I try to have reasoned debate with him in the hope that one day he will actually turn around and stun some people with a pretty well thought out reply. Although he responds its yet to be the content required.At least there is hope with Smudge, can''t say the same for others who it would be pointless to even open communications with, better to let them fall off the front page altoghether.