Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Delia on the way out?

Well, moved upstairs say.

Life Presidents for her her and Jones, whilst the real players run the club. Fernandes, McNally and Bowkett have obviously now met each other, and what a set up that could be!

There''s a new force within the corridors of Carrow Road, and thank God for that!

Or do you disagree with that?

1+1=98768 at the moment.

Wait and see, there has been far too many false dawns here. I do agree that Bowkett wants Delia out, remember (If I do correctly) the dig in the press re them, I would imagine that Mcdaddy dad, wants new investment, he won''t want to be at a skint 3rd division club for ever.

If Fernandes came in, would he bring in his own people on the board or would McNally and Bowkett continue. Id be quite gutted to see them leave the club, because despite only being here a few months, they have put their predecessors to shame. Been very impressed with how they have been open with the fans, told it like it is, but are clearly working hard to try and turn the ship around.

[quote user="Klobo7"]If Fernandes came in, would he bring in his own people on the board or would McNally and Bowkett continue. Id be quite gutted to see them leave the club, because despite only being here a few months, they have put their predecessors to shame. Been very impressed with how they have been open with the fans, told it like it is, but are clearly working hard to try and turn the ship around.[/quote]

I''d be concerned if McNally left, mainly because whatever club he went to would no doubt make a play for Lambert.

No cant see McNally going tbh. Unless he''s showing him around CR for nothing ? or unless he wants to go.... which i highly doubt.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Klobo7"]If Fernandes came in, would he bring in his own people on the board or would McNally and Bowkett continue. Id be quite gutted to see them leave the club, because despite only being here a few months, they have put their predecessors to shame. Been very impressed with how they have been open with the fans, told it like it is, but are clearly working hard to try and turn the ship around.[/quote]

I''d be concerned if McNally left, mainly because whatever club he went to would no doubt make a play for Lambert.

[/quote]

McNally & Lambert to Celtic[:O]

I cannot imagine McNally and Bowkett would be quite so keen to talk to him if it meant they were going to lose their jobs - it would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Maybe McNally see''s coming here, kicking ass, and seeing new investment and hope for the club, then moving on, as a nice little niche on his CV before he moves onwards and upward. Job done, mission accomplished, whats next?Bloody hope not though.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I cannot imagine McNally and Bowkett would be quite so keen to talk to him if it meant they were going to lose their jobs - it would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.
[/quote]

Exactly and Fernandes would want people in who knows what makes City tick.

if the bloke has any brains ..of which clearly he does ,hes not likely to get rid of people in the club who have pulled it round completely .

who in the right mind would .

maybe mcnally want to stay ..? maybe its his aim to get norwich back to to the premiership .

why are people so negative when good things look like it going to happen ..?

[quote user="singing canary"]

if the bloke has any brains ..of which clearly he does ,hes not likely to get rid of people in the club who have pulled it round completely .

who in the right mind would .

maybe mcnally want to stay ..? maybe its his aim to get norwich back to to the premiership .

why are people so negative when good things look like it going to happen ..?

[/quote]

Because its the Pink Un message board.

to be honest wiz ,sometimes im shocked what people write ... we lose a game and the team get grilled .

we lost a home game ..so what ..? what team goes all season without losing a game ..maybe on the odd record occasion like arsenal.

the end of last season we were releagted ,had no team ..further in debt ..looking mighty bleak .

this season we are top scored, more than any team in the leauge ,have a very comitted team that are grinding out results (playing well or not) .

a chance of investment and people on board who have brought instant success .

yet we still get people saying our system is floored ,worried that lambert is leaving ,mcnally is leaving ,hoolihan was going to be sold along with holt etc.

times are changing at carrow road ,and i for one am truely optimstic that this club will be back where it belong very soon .

well done all at carrow road for changing the fortunes of this great club ...even delia (a bit) and breaking old norwich city habbits .

[quote user="Mello Yello"].....Soon a

s she''s gone.....I''m in![/quote]

That blokes restaurants have more debt than most football clubs don''t they ?  Yes ?

[quote user="Dogger Going Up up up"]Is there a link where it says they are life presdients?[/quote]Doh! of course they''re not Dogger, but if they sold up I wouldn''t object if they made so.

As long as they had no voting rights on the board I''d be ok with that.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"].....Soon a

s she''s gone.....I''m in![/quote]

That blokes restaurants have more debt than most football clubs don''t they ?  Yes ?

[/quote]

Maybe the continuing success that is the ''Delia Brand''.....can give him a few tips on how to run a business and survive...eh?

Wonder what funded the Top o'' the Terrace extension that appeared behind the Barclay - not long after Bellers went?

It was constructed rather quickly.....I do seem to recall. Well done Carters....

Do you utilise the superb catering facilities on match-days (or any other days, for that matter?) £75 seems reasonable for the experience....

Or, are you just a Morrison''s muncher?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Dogger Going Up up up"]Is there a link where it says they are life presdients?[/quote]Doh! of course they''re not Dogger, but if they sold up I wouldn''t object if they made so.

As long as they had no voting rights on the board I''d be ok with that.

[/quote]It''s seems rather obvious Delia would stay in some capacity.  With the Restaurant in her name, she''ll be made some catering exec of something imo.

Re voting rights, I would again remind you that S & J were majorly involved in removing the old and bringing in the new board in the first place. Possibly the best decision they''ve ever made in their tenure. Having a ''celebrity'' at the top of the club is a good thing imo because, despite the obvious puns, it brings the club more into the public domain which can only be a good thing.

Jumping the gun rather.

All that had happened is that Fernandes had a seat in the directors'' box.   Along with about 50 other people.   And was apparently then shown round after the match by McNally.   This tells us two things:

1.   The current Board are not hostile to new investment, or at least not all new investment.

2.   The "process", if there is to be such a thing, has not got off the ground yet.  When you buy a house (i)  you go to have a look around (ii) you decide if you want it (iii) if so, you put in an offer (iv) there is haggling, and your offer may or may not be accepted (v) you instruct your solicitors to do the equivalent of due diligence, get a survey etc (vi) there''s often haggling to adjust the price based on the "due diligence " i.e., the conveyancing checks and the survey (vii) the lawyers draw up a contract and (viii) you exchange contracts (or not).    The process for a corporate acquisition or investment is not a million miles off.  The fact that McNally was apparently showing Fernandes round tells us that the "process" is at stage (i) and that it''s not clear yet whether it will go any further.     Nobody would decide they want to invest / buy, put in an offer, haggle over the price, do the due diligence, get the legal paperwork drawn up and then say "You know what, I''d actually like to look around the place".    In effect the fact that McNally was apparently showing Fernandes round on Tuesday tells us that any "process" is less far advanced than press and rumours have suggested.

i dont think so . fernandes has openly admitted he is interested in norwich , why would  anglia tv be involved then..?

to be honest i would have thought all this would have been talked about before anglia tv interviewed the man .

city were quick enough to squash the yank rumours and not rule our fernandes.

yes your right regarding legal side of it , i would be stunned if this was not talked about before city allowing anglia to speak to him .

i would put money on it talks have happened long before we knew about it .

did you hear him mention regarding having his car on the pitch ..buying a house here , how he loved the area and the people , the right colours , ...

buying signals if ever i heard them .

The fact the chief executive is being allowed to even talk to potential investors is a huge development in itself; after some of the nonsense we''ve heard from Delia in recent years.

Would love to see what McNally and Lambert could do with a little bit of money behind them.

I don''t think you''ll have to worry about McNally if Tony (Fernandes) does take the club over. Tony''s not a fool and knows about football. Plus why would David McNally publicly be open to talks with an investor if he knew it would cost him his job??? Not going to happen like that is it.

[quote user="Robornio"]I don''t think you''ll have to worry about McNally if Tony (Fernandes) does take the club over. Tony''s not a fool and knows about football. Plus why would David McNally publicly be open to talks with an investor if he knew it would cost him his job??? Not going to happen like that is it.[/quote]

It might be that McNally is slightly more selfless than the previous occupant of the post...

But any new investor will soon discover McNally is an absolute gem so there''s no risk of him leaving, unless he wants to.